Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Mickey's Pal

Teams? Lies? 😃 Dude, this is about a theme park log flume getting a retheme— it’s not a season of “Big Brother” or “Survivor.” We’re all here because we love theme parks. Let’s all celebrate our similar interests and stop pointing fingers and wasting energy imagining rivalries and tallying who’s “ahead” or “behind.” Splash 1.0 had a good run, far longer than all of my favorite long-gone classic attractions.

I heard this from someone who met members of the Florida Imagineering team for this attraction. It's a similar format to what was followed for the planning of TDL's and MK's Splash Mountains. Two different teams collaborating, but working independently (this I was told by Don Carson, one of the designers of MK's SM).

Even just thinking about it logically, the attractions are not identical, with both exterior and interior differences. However similar the two TBAs end up being, the two SMs were actually quite different, so I can totally see why two separate design teams would be necessary.
Again the theory that there was one team only and they had to work on Florida's version of Splash first before moving onto Disneyland's is confirmed as pure hogwash and debunked. Got it.

Last edited:

Mickey's Pal

Ken Potrock could still jump in and end it at 11:58 on May 29th
val-kilmer-doc-holliday.gif

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Again the theory that there was one team only and they had to work on Florida's version of Splash first before moving onto Disneyland's is confirmed as pure hogwash and debunked. Got it.
You’re conflating a bunch of things to try and fit your narrative that DL Splash can somehow be saved.

The one team idea was never that FL had to be completely done before they move onto DL. It’s that once one phase is done in FL the same team in charge of that phase would start that same phase in DL, ie once demo is done in FL that demo would start in DL. They did something similar with GE at both coasts if I recall correctly. And I don’t see any evidence that still isn’t the case with this project. Also “team” in this case doesn’t mean same exact people, they can still use a different local construction companies headed by the same team leaders of the different phases.

ProjectXBlog

They have. I still wont believe it as I said before until the day comes and goes and the very next day construction begins. When I see construction then I will believe it because that is physical evidence and a fact at that point. I have said this many times. I have said if I am wrong I will take my lumps and miss the ride. No goal posts have changed. Right now- the ride is open. A date was announced but Disney announces dates all the time that never come to pass so that is not anything new. But If it closes on May 30 and construction does begin on May 31 then it actually disproves a theory that some of you so called 'insiders' have been spouting on here for months now about how there is only one team doing the overlay and they will begin on Disneyland's Splash once Florida's is finished. Well that was clearly a lie and does not appear to be the case because Florida's is nowhere near finished and if Disneyland's Splash starts its change over at the end of next month, then logically that means both are being changed at the same time and if there is one team then they can't be at two places at once. So we can say that one team only rumor is officially debunked.

25A311E8-6095-4816-8C48-42F9976016B1.jpeg

Disney Analyst

You’re conflating a bunch of things to try and fit your narrative that DL Splash can somehow be saved.

The one team idea was never that FL had to be completely done before they move onto DL. It’s that once one phase is done in FL the same team in charge of that phase would start that same phase in DL, ie once demo is done in FL that demo would start in DL. They did something similar with GE at both coasts if I recall correctly. And I don’t see any evidence that still isn’t the case with this project. Also “team” in this case doesn’t mean same exact people, they can still use a different local construction companies headed by the same team leaders of the different phases.

They are purposefully misrepresenting what was said on here.

No one said Disneyland would start once MK was done, just that they are staggering construction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom