Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Consumer

Actually the only one I cared for was The Little Mermaid. The others are all blah imo. Even BatB.
The Little Mermaid is a terrible movie about rebelling against your parents and making a deal with the devil, with Ariel learning no lesson as everything works out for her. That said, gorgeous animation.

BlakeW39

The Little Mermaid is a terrible movie about rebelling against your parents and making a deal with the devil, with Ariel learning no lesson as everything works out for her. That said, gorgeous animation.

Lol well, there's nothing inherently wrong with Arielle rebelling against her dad, as in the end it's proven he was wrong and he was always an ***** about it anyways. Her making a deal with Ursula for some dude she'd never even met was dumb, though. Plus, the songs are all spectacular.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
They have. I still wont believe it as I said before until the day comes and goes and the very next day construction begins. When I see construction then I will believe it because that is physical evidence and a fact at that point. I have said this many times. I have said if I am wrong I will take my lumps and miss the ride.
Believe it or not, Splash Mountain, as we know it, will be gone in California, and the USA, on May 31st.
No goal posts have changed. Right now- the ride is open. A date was announced but Disney announces dates all the time that never come to pass so that is not anything new.
There's absolutely no way Disney would walk back changing Splash Mountain. Sure, there have been rumors and speculation that Disney had delayed it or changed their game plan on how they would be carrying it out, but with Iger saying the film would never be released, “I’ve felt as long as I’ve been CEO that Song of the South — even with a disclaimer — was just not appropriate in today’s world…It’s just hard, given the depictions in some of those films, to bring them out today without in some form or another offending people, so we’ve decided not to do that", there was no way this was being called off.
But If it closes on May 30 and construction does begin on May 31 then it actually disproves a theory that some of you so called 'insiders' have been spouting on here for months now about how there is only one team doing the overlay and they will begin on Disneyland's Splash once Florida's is finished.
Never said Florida's had to be finished, just once work had progressed on Florida's to a point where they can take down California's. And since we don't know the interior status of Florida's attraction, just that permits have been filed, for all we know they could be at the point where California will open alongside Florida's.
Well that was clearly a lie and does not appear to be the case because Florida's is nowhere near finished and if Disneyland's Splash starts its change over at the end of next month, then logically that means both are being changed at the same time and if there is one team then they can't be at two places at once.
It's always been the plan to retheme both at once. And, fun fact, construction companies can have teams in multiple states.
So we can say that one team only rumor is officially debunked.
We don't know how many people Disney has on either coast working on this. There's nothing 'offical' here

Phroobar

Lol well, there's nothing inherently wrong with Arielle rebelling against her dad, as in the end it's proven he was wrong and he was always an ***** about it anyways. Her making a deal with Ursula for some dude she'd never even met was dumb, though. Plus, the songs are all spectacular.
Except in the original story, Ariel's dad is proven right as she doesn't get the guy and turns to sea breeze and never get a soul.

DavidDL

It's possible that having a princess like Tiana featured on a more thrilling attraction might encourage younger riders to actually try that attraction out. Or at the very least, give their parents something to encourage them with. As a child I was unexplainably terrified of getting on the Matterhorn but if you'd of been able to tell me that there were like, Poke'mon or something in there, you wouldn't have had to say anything else. My butt would have been in that seat.

BlakeW39

I love MB and RSR.

Mm I like the former. The latter is a huge eyesore and the rest of the park is aesthetically worse because it exists. TOT should have just been plussed if they wanted to do something. My point though is that you can make good attractions AND keep the thematic integrity of the park in tact....RSR and especially MB do only one of the two. Which makes them bad creative decisions by an anti-creative, risk-averse man (Bob).

Pixar Pier however is a nightmare and exactly what I mean when I say I hate how Disney employs IPs in its park. They feel more like ads for Disney's "brand" than anything else.

Last edited:

DavidDL

Something like Pixar Pier could be at least forgivable if they'd of done a good job on it. It's not like Disney couldn't properly re-theme that area with Pixar motifs and attractions if they put some thought and money into building something of quality. Instead, they went the tacky and cheap route with babies on sticks, a re-painted Flik's Flyers and a giant chicken nugget kids meal.

On the other side of the coin, it looks like they're actually putting time, effort and thought into Tiana's Bayou Adventure. But that shouldn't be too much of a surprise. This is Disneyland, after all. Not the black sheep of the Disney theme park family across the esplanade.

J4546

i know the babies on sticks isnt great but I still think Incredicoaster is a great coaster. Love the launch from water, second lift hill drop and the overall layout

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Something like Pixar Pier could be at least forgivable if they'd of done a good job on it. It's not like Disney couldn't properly re-theme that area with Pixar motifs and attractions if they put some thought and money into building something of quality. Instead, they went the tacky and cheap route with babies on sticks, a re-painted Flik's Flyers and a giant chicken nugget kids meal.

On the other side of the coin, it looks like they're actually putting time, effort and thought into Tiana's Bayou Adventure. But that shouldn't be too much of a surprise. This is Disneyland, after all. Not the black sheep of the Disney theme park family across the esplanade.
Agreed. I would likely enjoy the aesthetics of Pixar Pier more if the references were way more subtle. But Pixar is vomited everywhere, with tacky visuals and weird transitions.

J4546

Which means you love California Screamin'. And that Incredicoaster was a needless downgrade.
Yeah but i dont see it as a massive downgrade lol, when I ride the coaster, im enjoying the ride and screaming with my arms in the air, not so much paying attention to the babies or on sticks or the audio. But thats just me

BlakeW39

Yeah but i dont see it as a massive downgrade lol, when I ride the coaster, im enjoying the ride and screaming with my arms in the air, not so much paying attention to the babies or on sticks or the audio. But thats just me

Perfectly fine. I didn't mean to sound abrasive, so I apologize if I came off that way. I'm just trying to get the point across that the very good coaster you're talking about is California Screamin'— Incredicoaster is the tacky IP they threw up all over it.

Rich T

But, as pointed out, Ariel puts her father’s soul and the fate of her entire kingdom in danger, gets what she wants and learns absolutely nothing. Triton is the one who learns and becomes wiser; the story’s actually more about him. That said, it’s a terrific movie. Most fairy tales are, after all, pretty messed up in one way or another. 😃

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom