Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Capture.PNG

For anyone going on the last day, Splash closes with the park at 11pm

SSG

New building permit:

Description: Dlr - Splash Mountain - Bld 4301 - Non-Residential Addition:492 Sq. Ft. For New Electrical Room. Install Platforms, Steel Framing And Structural Supports For Show Elements. Modify Existing Stairs. Construct 155 Sq. Ft. Trellis And (22) Light Poles.

Valuation: $42,000,000.00

CHOX

36 years ago today ground was broken on Splash

From the from the Behind the Scenes video on that page. Um…what?

This is obviously the Pan crocodile. I’m sure this is just some joke they threw in there but I’m throwing it out there because the brown to the right of the figure looks like what you see inside Splash Mountain? They didn’t install Tick Tock crocodile before opening, right? That one doesn’t match the figure in Pan (second photo) right? I thought it was static? Maybe I’m wrong.

To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised to see the current “imagineers” make this mistake.

Attachments

• 7D28A647-C3D9-4063-9D79-4DE4F9E8B9CE.jpeg
    7D28A647-C3D9-4063-9D79-4DE4F9E8B9CE.jpeg
    350.2 KB · Views: 97
  • A20C3A50-F372-4A1B-A54B-AD572966559C.jpeg
    A20C3A50-F372-4A1B-A54B-AD572966559C.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

This is obviously the Pan crocodile. I’m sure this is just some joke they threw in there but I’m throwing it out there because the brown to the right of the figure looks like what you see inside Splash Mountain? They didn’t install Tick Tock crocodile before opening, right? That one doesn’t match the figure in Pan (second photo) right? I thought it was static? Maybe I’m wrong.

To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised to see the current “imagineers” make this mistake.
It looks like it is installed in Splash - the "grass" hanging down over top of the orange mound is pretty telling. That wouldn't be Hook's Pirate Ship.

While it's definitely the Pan Crocodile sculpt, the paint job (the eyes in particular) does match the general scheme of Splash more than it matches Pan. Perhaps he was installed in the ride somewhere back in the early days, or prepped for install in Splash but never actually put in?

EagleScout610

Premium Member
It looks like it is installed in Splash - the "grass" hanging down over top of the orange mound is pretty telling. That wouldn't be Hook's Pirate Ship.

While it's definitely the Pan Crocodile sculpt, the paint job (the eyes in particular) does match the general scheme of Splash more than it matches Pan. Perhaps he was installed in the ride somewhere back in the early days, or prepped for install in Splash but never actually put in?
I wonder if they wanted to reuse a TickTock mold for Br'er Gator at the end but changed their mind

SuddenStorm

Disneyland has been known to reuse sculpts- prior to the changes a few years ago, a few of the explorers of the 'trapped safari' on the pole with the rhino had the same face mold as the groundskeeper at the Haunted Mansion.

Prior to opening, Splash underwent some staging changes and animatronics moved around or were removed entirely- so I wouldn't be surprised if the Gator was installed and then pulled prior to open.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

I'll be visiting the Mountain sometime next month and I'm looking forward to actually seeing the DL one in person again. I went like 10 years ago but barely remember anything apart from the trippy Pooh ride and Mr. Toad's trip to hell.

Brer Oswald

I pointed this out a few months ago and it was dismissed, but it really does look like the Splash rock work and not like anything from PPF. It also specifically look like the Croc at the load area of WDW Pan.
1682509729825.jpeg

Brer Oswald

I'll be visiting the Mountain sometime next month and I'm looking forward to actually seeing the DL one in person again. I went like 10 years ago but barely remember anything apart from the trippy Pooh ride and Mr. Toad's trip to hell.
It’s been about 10 years for me as well and I only got to ride it once. Didn’t think I’d ever get to again, but it’s looking like the stars are aligning and I might get another chance on Friday 👀

EagleScout610

Premium Member

Was watching a Live Stream from Disneyland yesterday with back-to-back Splash rides and was able to compile a new list of what's broken.

How Do You Do
  • First goose still has no motion from the neck down
  • Middle goose on the top row is stuck looking up
  • Frog on the top row is broken
  • Br’er Bear seems to be going up and down slower than usual
  • Br’er Fox’s lighting is out
  • Stump goose is in completely dark
  • Lighting on Br’er Rabbit and Turtle giving out
  • Roadrunner only tilting his head back and forth
  • Hitchhiking Croc’s sleepy eye is fully closed and his body is moving less than usual
    • Lighting in his area is giving out
  • Giggling Br’er Rabbit not moving but the animatronic still goes up and down
  • Br’er Bear’s butt is dark
    • “Nothing in here but bees!” line isn't playing

Laughin’ Place/Burrow Lament/Big Drop
  • No spinning beehives working
  • Br’er Bear seems to be twitching slower than before, practically static
  • Gophers not going up and down
  • Geyser Fox not moving his body
  • Saddlesore Swanson only moving his mouth
  • Spiderweb Hen’s left arm is broken
  • Laughin' Place Goose is missing
  • Br’er Fox barely moving sneaking up on Br’er Rabbit
  • Rips on Mama Possum’s mask getting worse
  • Farthest left rabbit child not moving
  • Boothill Boys paralyzed except for their mouths
    • Dialogue for the vultures is wearing out
  • Br’er Fox dialogue in cave scene very quiet

Zip A Dee Doo Dah
  • Porkypine’s right arm is broken and just dangling there
    • Drumstick is about to fall out
  • Raccoon looks very dirty
  • Swamp Boys lighting is going dim
  • Hay Cart Donkey barely moving his head
  • Fox in front of the cart’s eye is stuck shut and he’s struggling to lift up his head
  • First white cat is moving slower than the rest of the critters in the cart
  • Can-Can geese are moving very slowly
    • Pink’s head is stuck forward
    • Green’s head is stuck titled to the side and is stuck looking at the other geese
    • Blue just looks very dirty and is barely moving
  • Black hen on far left’s mouth is broken
  • Guitar Hound Dog not moving his arms
  • Fox in front of the Capt Andy flyer’s back is bent at an usual angle
  • Mr. Bluebird only moving his hat arm
  • Br’er Fox escaping the Gator is slowing down
    • Eyelids are broken
  • Br’er Bear lighting is nearly out
  • Br’er Gator is stuck in place
    • Real shame, a few weeks ago this scene looked incredible
  • Br’er Rabbit only moving his head and mouth
    • Audio skips a bit after “Wonderful day!”
I realize at this point they've most likely given up maintaining Splash in any way like they did when Florida's closed, but this is just pathetic.

Last edited:

Professortango1

Disney's maintenance seems to be like their current ticket policy; they just don't care about guests. Tried to buy yet another ticket to visit Disneyland to see Splash before it closes only to discover, NOPE, no Disneyland reservations available 6 days in advance for a weekday. I love Disney and miss it terribly, but I'm getting to the point where I am just going to stop trying to give them money. They'd rather fill the park with passholders paying $0.30 on the dollar rather than let people buy day tickets for over $100 each. Guess its easier to deliver on a $25 a visit value than a $150 a visit value.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom