Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

josh2000

Where are those bookmarked posts about how this isn't closing at all?
I'll never forget the mental gymnastics people were doing to try and convince themselves that the retheme was dead just because Splash didn't close right away. I explained multiple times that It didn't make sense to close the ride until construction was ready to begin for the retheme. Splash has a high capacity so it makes perfect sense to keep it open to help manage the crowds. Well, now here we are and it's really happening. Splash Mountain is dead in the American parks. Splash's fate in Tokyo remains a mystery.

Disney Analyst

I'll never forget the mental gymnastics people were doing to try and convince themselves that the retheme was dead just because Splash didn't close right away. I explained multiple times that It didn't make sense to close the ride until construction was ready to begin for the retheme. Splash has a high capacity so it makes perfect sense to keep it open to help manage the crowds. Well, now here we are and it's really happening. Splash Mountain is dead in the American parks. Splash's fate in Tokyo remains a mystery.

It also made sense at Disneyland, which was and is still actively refurbing a ton of their big attractions, likely in an effort to have less downtime once Splash does go down.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Ken Potluck's plans to save splash by sending Jumping Jellyfish into 101 were leaked and ended up on Iger's desk.

Ken then decided to 101 the Golden Zephyr, but this time instead of a maintenance order he went in personally with a wrench to damage the ride in the dark of night.

The problem? Iger rides the Golden Zephyr alone some nights to get inspiration. Lets just say Mr Potluck was caught "Wrench Handed" and Iger is said to be VERY upset.
Thank you, I needed that laugh after the day I've had

mickEblu

Weird that at this point they wouldn’t just let Splash run until the end of summer. So what, Tiana opens Spring 2025 instead of Winter 2024? You would have a water ride down only one summer season instead of two, Tiana would open during a warmer season and it would be right on time for Disneylands 70th.

EDIT: guessing this means they already know they won’t make the 2024 date and are just trying to make it for 2025.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Again I am just going off the current facts:
1. The ride is still open.

2. No closing date has been announced. Disney today could have stated today that it was closing in May just not early May and did not. They could have confirmed today it was going to close eventually just no date yet. They did not.

3. They fixed a broken effect that had not been working in over 10 years.

That is what I am going off on despite rumors, and yes, they are rumors, some have stated indicating it is closing this May when Disney themselves have not said so.

Now, they have...

Disney has announced Splash Mountain in Disneyland will close starting May 31, 2023 for the reimagining into Tiana's Bayou Adventure.

More details and concept art -

Mama Odie joins a cast of friends – familiar and new – in Princess Tiana’s debut attraction. In December, we shared how a band of newly introduced critters will provide some of the soundtrack to your journey. In February, we shared the backstory behind the water tower that will punctuate the exterior. But what else is in store? Here’s a sample of what to expect from this musical adventure:
  • Brand-new cast of original Disney characters with distinct names and personalities
  • Dozens of entirely new Audio-Animatronics figures
  • Adorable critters with incredible talent, bringing the diverse flavors of musical gumbo found in New Orleans!
  • New, original music alongside favorite tunes from the film
  • Do you love beignets as much as Louis? Well, you’re in luck because the alluring scent of beignets being prepared for the party will be part of the attraction queue!
  • Additional talent voices from the film reprising their roles, including Bruno Campos as Prince Naveen, Michael Leon Wooley as Louis, and the one and only Anika Noni Rose as Princess Tiana
  • Familiar faces from the film such as Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen, Mama Odie, Louis, Eudora, Charlotte, “Big Daddy,” the King and Queen of Maldonia and Prince Ralphie
View attachment 709975

Mickey's Pal

Now, they have...
They have. I still wont believe it as I said before until the day comes and goes and the very next day construction begins. When I see construction then I will believe it because that is physical evidence and a fact at that point. I have said this many times. I have said if I am wrong I will take my lumps and miss the ride. No goal posts have changed. Right now- the ride is open. A date was announced but Disney announces dates all the time that never come to pass so that is not anything new. But If it closes on May 30 and construction does begin on May 31 then it actually disproves a theory that some of you so called 'insiders' have been spouting on here for months now about how there is only one team doing the overlay and they will begin on Disneyland's Splash once Florida's is finished. Well that was clearly a lie and does not appear to be the case because Florida's is nowhere near finished and if Disneyland's Splash starts its change over at the end of next month, then logically that means both are being changed at the same time and if there is one team then they can't be at two places at once. So we can say that one team only rumor is officially debunked.

Rich T

They have. I still wont believe it as I said before until the day comes and goes and the very next day construction begins. When I see construction then I will believe it because that is physical evidence and a fact at that point. I have said this many times. I have said if I am wrong I will take my lumps and miss the ride. No goal posts have changed. Right now- the ride is open. A date was announced but Disney announces dates all the time that never come to pass so that is not anything new. But If it closes on May 30 and construction does begin on May 31 then it actually disproves a theory that some of you so called 'insiders' have been spouting on here for months now about how there is only one team doing the overlay and they will begin on Disneyland's Splash once Florida's is finished. Well that was clearly a lie and does not appear to be the case because Florida's is nowhere near finished and if Disneyland's Splash starts its change over at the end of next month, then logically that means both are being changed at the same time and if there is one team then they can't be at two places at once. So we can say that one team only rumor is officially debunked.
Teams? Lies? 😃 Dude, this is about a theme park log flume getting a retheme— it’s not a season of “Big Brother” or “Survivor.” We’re all here because we love theme parks. Let’s all celebrate our similar interests and stop pointing fingers and wasting energy imagining rivalries and tallying who’s “ahead” or “behind.” Splash 1.0 had a good run, far longer than all of my favorite long-gone classic attractions.

BlakeW39

Very true. But that's like saying "I love puppies!"

Almost no one would disagree with you on that.

575162f06c665c748313a9af722e348d.gif

Can I get a tl;dr explanation please?

22 year old guys are not the target audience for Disney’s princess franchise. Never have been, never will be.

Yeah, that was the point of his comment. Princesses are a little girls' franchise. A dark ride would make more sense than a thrill ride (with the largest drop in the park). But oh well.

Last edited:

BlakeW39

As a 24 year old male, I love the classic Disney princesses, especially Sleeping Beauty. Renaissance and modern I couldn't care less about, with a major exception for Tangled.

Actually the only one I cared for was The Little Mermaid. The others are all blah imo. Even BatB.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom