Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
IMG_1230.jpg
I wonder if, had this film been made, would they have already rethemed Splash around it, since it seems like it would've kept at least Brer Rabbit, and distanced the ride from SotS

mharrington

The entire shop will more than likely be renamed as a means to scrub away every ounce of SotS from the park. So, the carving being gone is most likely true.

They're going to have to get rid of/replace the ZPD2DA license plate from the Roger Rabbit ride while they're at it:
atdl02r1_plates.jpg

I have an idea for a license plate: "1E D PU" or "CASEY JR".

CaptinEO

Never forget Neil Patrick Haris dressed up as Uncle Remus singing Zip A Dee Doo Dah in World of Color Celebrate.

Go to 13:57

Even then when Disney was pro Splash I felt uncomfortable that they had a white guy playing Uncle Remus. It just felt wrong.

SuddenStorm

They're going to have to get rid of/replace the ZPD2DA license plate from the Roger Rabbit ride while they're at it:
atdl02r1_plates.jpg

I have an idea for a license plate: "1E D PU" or "CASEY JR".

Who Framed Roger Rabbit literally has the tar baby in it, and the ride references Zip a Dee Doo Dah... I'd say that's more than enough relation to Song of the South to warrant a retheme to whatever new property they wanna promote.

SuddenStorm

Never forget Neil Patrick Haris dressed up as Uncle Remus singing Zip A Dee Doo Dah in World of Color Celebrate.

Go to 13:57

Even then when Disney was pro Splash I felt uncomfortable that they had a white guy playing Uncle Remus. It just felt wrong.

So, I went to Disneyland probably 20 times in 2015- and never once bothered to see this show. Always opted for Fantasmic.

I've heard it was bad, but my goodness skipping through that video I was shocked. And I'm a Neil Patrick Harris fan.

Brer Panther

atdl02r1_plates.jpg
They'll probably just remove the license plate entirely and leave the space blank.
Who Framed Roger Rabbit literally has the tar baby in it, and the ride references Zip a Dee Doo Dah... I'd say that's more than enough relation to Song of the South to warrant a retheme to whatever new property they wanna promote.
I have this mental image of them actually editing the movie on Disney Plus and attempting to remove the Song of the South characters in it... maybe even by pasting Louis over Brer Bear. I wouldn't put anything past them.

Kirby86

I have this mental image of them actually editing the movie on Disney Plus and attempting to remove the Song of the South characters in it... maybe even by pasting Louis over Brer Bear. I wouldn't put anything past them
They already went back and edited one thing Splash related on the service by giving Daryl Hannah a reverse hair cut to cover up her butt. So the precedent is there to edit movies. Not sure it's a big worry bit it's possible I guess.

CaptinEO

So, I went to Disneyland probably 20 times in 2015- and never once bothered to see this show. Always opted for Fantasmic.

I've heard it was bad, but my goodness skipping through that video I was shocked. And I'm a Neil Patrick Harris fan.
It was so bad. It was the first year I owned an AP and the audience was just quiet the whole time, but not in a good way. I never went back to see it again.

It's such a bad show in terms of pacing and theme. First it's about Walt Disney Animation, then Disneyland with poorly done flash cartoons, and then you have a full 5 minute Frozen Let It Go music video followed by a full Star Wars trailer. It's like they didn't want to commit to any theme at all. It couldve been a great show about Disneyland or Disney Animation. But not both. And Star Wars should have had zero place in it IMO.

The parts with Mickey and Neil Patrick Harris talking are so cringey. For an ABC special it's fine, but why are they taking up time having so much dialogue in a short night time show?

It's sad too cause I remember that hour long interview with Neil from years ago (before the 60th) where he's talking about the parks and how Tokyo has the trackless Pooh Ride. He's clearly a true Disney themepark fan, and they shouldve made a better show for him.

D.Silentu

They already went back and edited one thing Splash related on the service by giving Daryl Hannah a reverse hair cut to cover up her butt. So the precedent is there to edit movies.
I’ve lost track of it, but there is a website that covers the multitude of content edits made on Disney+ films.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
Since Mickey Minnie opens in Jan, I feel thats when Splash will ride off into the sunset. It's either then or March when Toontown reopens to draw crowds.

Brer Panther

I'm not sure how, though, as it looks like it's actually part of the physical wall.
Neither do I, but I doubt that'll stop Disney.

I mean, there are probably a lot of props in Splash Mountain that are part of the physical wall too.
It's such a bad show in terms of pacing and theme. First it's about Walt Disney Animation, then Disneyland with poorly done flash cartoons, and then you have a full 5 minute Frozen Let It Go music video followed by a full Star Wars trailer. It's like they didn't want to commit to any theme at all. It couldve been a great show about Disneyland or Disney Animation. But not both. And Star Wars should have had zero place in it IMO.
...it sounds like the theme park show version of that Disneyland's 60th special.

Communicora

Premium Member
They already went back and edited one thing Splash related on the service by giving Daryl Hannah a reverse hair cut to cover up her butt. So the precedent is there to edit movies. Not sure it's a big worry bit it's possible I guess.
Which is hilarious, because a bare booty is a lot less "adult" than a lot of things people could take offense to in that movie.

Rich T

I just visited Magic Kingdom for the first time since ‘93. I’ll post more thoughts on the park later in Misc., but I have to say this:

Back in ‘93, WDW Splash was fantastic, outshining the DL original by a large margin.

But, now… today… If they seriously intend to let this ride deteriorate like this until the retheme happens, they should just put the poor thing out if its misery and close it now. In its current state, it’s an embarrassment.

That was the worst ride on a Splash Mtn. I’ve ever had. It would be quicker to list the functioning animatronics than the broken ones. Burnt out lights (leaving one speaking character in total darkness), nearly zero effects, wonky audio… It all makes the usually great music come across as ironic and creepy. Nearly nothing worked in the Laughing Place; it was like a morgue with a painted-on smile. Nothing was moving in the finale Fox/Bear/Gator scene.

They should, of course, close it… but they can’t because there are so few big rides at MK.

Walt Disney Co. 2022, everyone! The suits know where their priorities lie. 😬

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom