Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

EagleScout610

Causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Disney should be ashamed of the condition Splash is in but since people are still paying to Lighting Lane it, they're not. Its all about the money to Bob

mickEblu

Disney should be ashamed of the condition Splash is in but since people are still paying to Lighting Lane it, they're not. Its all about the money to Bob
Nobody is paying for Splash specifically. Splash is just one of 20 or so attractions offered. I’m pretty sure if they were selling Individual Lightning lanes for Splash like ROTR they wouldn’t be doing too hot.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I just visited Magic Kingdom for the first time since ‘93. I’ll post more thoughts on the park later in Misc., but I have to say this:

Back in ‘93, WDW Splash was fantastic, outshining the DL original by a large margin.

But, now… today… If they seriously intend to let this ride deteriorate like this until the retheme happens, they should just put the poor thing out if its misery and close it now. In its current state, it’s an embarrassment.

That was the worst ride on a Splash Mtn. I’ve ever had. It would be quicker to list the functioning animatronics than the broken ones. Burnt out lights (leaving one speaking character in total darkness), nearly zero effects, wonky audio… It all makes the usually great music come across as ironic and creepy. Nearly nothing worked in the Laughing Place; it was like a morgue with a painted-on smile. Nothing was moving in the finale Fox/Bear/Gator scene.

They should, of course, close it… but they can’t because there are so few big rides at MK.

Walt Disney Co. 2022, everyone! The suits know where their priorities lie. 😬
I hope you didn’t drink any tap water while there!🤢🤢🤢💩💩💩

Brer Panther

Do you think they'd let any other attraction get into this lousy a condition? Like, would they let Frozen Ever After or the Little Mermaid ride have this many problems?

Rich T

Do you think they'd let any other attraction get into this lousy a condition? Like, would they let Frozen Ever After or the Little Mermaid ride have this many problems?
Oh, Splash wasn’t the only attraction in trouble. Little Mermaid had Ariel singing “Part of Your World” with her mouth frozen open, Big Thunder had no effects at all on the final lift, Carousel of Progress only rotated when it felt like it, forcing us all to watch Acts 2 & 3 twice, Pirates was down 80% of the time ( and then it sucked, but that’s normal for WDW Pirates 😃)… More on all that later.

But WDW Splash is the current King of embarrassingly decrepit attractions. I’m pretty sure that Disney sees no value in keeping it in top shape if it’s being completely rethemed in a few months… because we all know how “important” a good guest experience is to the current Mouse House. As it is, the ride didn’t open until late in the day; I’m guessing maintenance has their hands full just keeping the basic flume system running at this point.

(To keep things fair, I’d also like to mention that, despite all the issues, I had fun at MK; there are still many positives. More on that later, too. I’m just glad I got in with my cheap Local AP, which had already paid for itself by that time.)

Last edited:

Rich T

I wonder what kind of feedback Disney’s currently getting from guests who paid extra to quickly board Splash in its current state of “magic.”

CaptinEO

Splash has been bad at Disneyland since about 2013 IMO. Indiana Jones is in super
bad shape as well post pandemic.

Phroobar

I wonder what kind of feedback Disney’s currently getting from guests who paid extra to quickly board Splash in its current state of “magic.”
Maybe they can market it as a Splash Mountain in the Dark! Maybe have a cast member can jump out at the logs at one point?

Phroobar

Dressed as a certain CEO.
iu

Brer Panther

Even if the retheme DOES have fancy new animatronics of Tiana, Naveen, Louis etc., does anyone really think that'll be enough to save it from being bad?

I mean, the Little Mermaid ride, Frozen Ever After, and Tokyo's Beauty and the Beast ride all have some nice animatronics too but are still pretty weak.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Even if the retheme DOES have fancy new animatronics of Tiana, Naveen, Louis etc., does anyone really think that'll be enough to save it from being bad?

I mean, the Little Mermaid ride, Frozen Ever After, and Tokyo's Beauty and the Beast ride all have some nice animatronics too but are still pretty weak.
It has become clear that no matter what the retheme becomes, you'll hate it. So, not sure what you're looking for in asking this question. Do you think anyone can convince you that it will be good if there are a lot of good AAs?

Brer Panther

It has become clear that no matter what the retheme becomes, you'll hate it. So, not sure what you're looking for in asking this question. Do you think anyone can convince you that it will be good if there are a lot of good AAs?
It's just that I see everyone suggesting that there likely won't be a lot of animatronics in the retheme, so I'm wondering, if there ARE a few good new animatronics, will that be enough to save it for some people?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It's just that I see everyone suggesting that there likely won't be a lot of animatronics in the retheme, so I'm wondering, if there ARE a few good new animatronics, will that be enough to save it for some people?
Who is this "everyone"? If you're talking about on the WDW thread, then its only few posters that have an opinion on the specific outcome with no inside information based on an assumption from one poster who attended D23. So that is hardly "everyone", and its only speculative so also has the very real possibility of not being true.

Brer Panther

Who is this "everyone"? If you're talking about on the WDW thread, then its only few posters that have an opinion on the specific outcome with no inside information based on an assumption from one poster who attended D23. So that is hardly "everyone", and its only speculative so also has the very real possibility of not being true.
Actually, I posted my initial question before I saw that post in the WDW thread. But I have heard it suggested that the retheme will likely have less animatronics in other threads.

Jeez, a lot of the pro-rethemers in this thread are needlessly hostile...

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Actually, I posted my initial question before I saw that post in the WDW thread. But I have heard it suggested that the retheme will likely have less animatronics in other threads.

Jeez, a lot of the pro-rethemers in this thread are needlessly hostile...
Enough with the “pro-rethemer” rhetoric. It’s childish, ridiculous, and, quite frankly, many of us have had enough. Take it to the bluebird.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom