Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

EagleScout610

Causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Snapchat-118183704.jpg

Upon studying the logo, I realized two things:
1. I'd put good money on the flower in the 'O' being the secret ingredient
2. The blue fog is most likely the Bayou Mist they talked about at 23.
Thank you for coming to my TED Talk

MoonRakerSCM

View attachment 668369
Upon studying the logo, I realized two things:
1. I'd put good money on the flower in the 'O' being the secret ingredient
2. The blue fog is most likely the Bayou Mist they talked about at 23.
Thank you for coming to my TED Talk
1) That's a magnolia flower, just a good icon for Louisiana/the South.
2) Disney is FINALLY shining light through mist... We must all be in awe at its grandeur.

Sarcasm aside... If they did up the laughing place room with lasers and mist and made it like we were floating through the middle of the world of color platform... That could be cool.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

I keep seeing people use the Walt Disney World Splash Mountain's poor condition as justification for Disney retheming it.

...even though Disney's planning to retheme it is likely WHY they're not bothering to maintain it.

Plus, aren't a lot of other Disney World attractions in poor condition as well?

Phroobar

I keep seeing people use the Walt Disney World Splash Mountain's poor condition as justification for Disney retheming it.

...even though Disney's planning to retheme it is likely WHY they're not bothering to maintain it.

They are planning on retheming all of Disney World to the Epic Mickey games.

iu

truecoat

When Tiana Mountain is in a state of disrepair, WDW isn't going to retheme it again.

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
Let’s face it: the story, the exterior as seen from the model/recent concept art, and the the name of the retheme is absolutely lazy! I’d rather have Disney just do simple refurbishments on Splash Mountain, because it would be cheaper than changing the theme overall.

Brer Panther

Who looks at The Princess and the Frog and thinks "You know what a ride based on the film should be about? Tiana running a corporation!"?

...oh, jeez. What if the storyline is just them trying to make people who run corporations (i.e. Bob Chapek and his board of directors) look good so people will stop giving Chapek a hard time? Or am I just looking too far into this again?

LittleBuford

Who looks at The Princess and the Frog and thinks "You know what a ride based on the film should be about? Tiana running a corporation!"?

...oh, jeez. What if the storyline is just them trying to make people who run corporations (i.e. Bob Chapek and his board of directors) look good so people will stop giving Chapek a hard time? Or am I just looking too far into this again?
If you mean your final question seriously, I would answer in the affirmative. I too dislike the story (or rather what they’ve told us about it), but I think it’s more than a little far-fetched to interpret it as pro-corporation propaganda.

EagleScout610

Causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member

Running a business/creating something for yourself is a shockingly common storyline in children's media.

CaptinEO

Its funny how old school Disney imagineers could take fun elements and themes from movies and make great rides. Yet modern imagineers feel the need to overthink things. "This is a new story taking place after the movie... and you all get to be recruits".

Like who cares, I don't need a ride sequel. Take cool ideas and make a fun ride from these movies. Otherwise you end up with fanfiction like Galaxy's Edge and Chase A Baby that no one asked for.

Walt Disney let people fly over Neverland just like the best scene in the movie. Modern Disney would make you a pirate recruit watching an "all new adventure with Perer Pan and friends" (minus the characters you liked because theyre all dead in this timeline).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom