Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Brer Panther

Okay, then what phrase SHOULD I use to refer to those that defend the retheme and Disney for doing it?

You can't go on and on about how Disney is justified for retheming Splash Mountain and how everyone who doesn't support the retheme is wrong and then claim you're not a "pro-rethemer".

Rich T

I just hate how incomplete of an appearance it has without a peak. It looks like it’s missing something.
It kind of reminds me of the talking trash heap from Fraggle Rock. But let’s all remember these images are just speculations and mock-ups. The finished version could look much better, even through some changes in color and accents via landscaping choices. Even a couple of small trees on top to make the silhouette more interesting could happen. Let’s all just wait and see.

Rich T

Okay, then what phrase SHOULD I use to refer to those that defend the retheme and Disney for doing it?

You can't go on and on about how Disney is justified for retheming Splash Mountain and how everyone who doesn't support the retheme is wrong and then claim you're not a "pro-rethemer".
How about not dividing Disney park fans into two groups based on their thoughts about a huge corporation’s decision to retheme a log flume ride? We’re all here because we like the parks. Nothing we say here has any difference on the fate of the rides. Why not focus on what brings us together instead of splitting the fandom into “us” and “them?” We’re all friends here, with many differing opinions.

LittleBuford

The problem is that your framing is too binary and reductive. I am sad the retheme is happening on a personal level but understand, and agree with, the reasoning behind the change, even if the plans they’ve announced don’t leave me especially optimistic. What label would one use to describe such a stance? Why do we even have to use labels in the first place?

Disney Analyst

You no don’t need a phrase to refer to anyone.

Stop the rhetoric. Talk to all of us here like humans as if we were sitting down in an actual room with you.

MoonRakerSCM

We rode Splash last night to bid our farewells. Wore all black... my friend wore a veil etc... we placed roses at the entrance. (I kid, I kid)

God it is in rough shape. Disney has generic 'music' playing in the queue and loading area (like something you'd buy on a CD from Kohl's). Half the animatronics/effects aren't working, in some scenes (seemingly of Brer Rabbit though not all of his) the lights are just turned off and you ride through blackness. I noticed that the railcar rabbit is moving (handcranking, not back and forth) but is hidden in darkness). Water isn't working on some figures in the laughing place so you have exposed white PVC showing etc.

Concerning the future tenant Tiana-
I forgot how much you go 'underground' through mud toward the loading area. Perhaps they'll theme this to you descending down into a salt 'mine'? Ugh. I still cringe at their reasoning for the 'mound'/mountain being in Louisiana.

The queue, the loading area, most of the flume itself... have zero possible connection with anything even remotely related to the 'bayou' or 'New Orleans' (which the jury is still out on what they're going for because all words from Imagineering are how the ride is about New Orleans Culture while all artwork and the ride name are about the bayou). I'm talking structure, appearance, and purpose. Heck even the stairs you walk up after entering the queue front doors has zero to do with the bayou or New Orleans... rounded stone walls etc.

If they don't do a major rework of this structure from its original design/purpose/theme, their failure will be quick and quite evident.

_caleb

I went to Eudora’s yesterday during my visit. The shop is beautiful and very well done. The Tiana merchandise was pretty limited, considering how IP-driven Disney is. There were a lot of generic items in the store, which I appreciated. I doubt it’ll stay this way for long, but we’ll see.
I'm a fan of the more derivative and in-joke approach to merch. Like the coffee mug labelled "restaurant fund" or the period-appropriate cookware, for examples. But I'm not sure how many people on vacation at a theme park will buy the less-obviously themed items (like dishes and cutting boards) they could get much cheaper elsewhere.

Brer Panther

Somebody who's a member of the Save Splash Mountain Facebook group that I'm a member of claimed that they would indeed be reusing most of the America Sings animatronics, and that Facilier would be in the attraction.

Should I take it with a grain of salt?

EagleScout610

Causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Somebody who's a member of the Save Splash Mountain Facebook group that I'm a member of claimed that they would indeed be reusing most of the America Sings animatronics, and that Facilier would be in the attraction.

1. I highly doubt they'd keep the America Sings animatronics given their age and knowing current management they'd see them as a waste of time to refurbish when they can just add more screens and their beloved otter.

2. No Facillier. They probably would've mentioned him by now. Plus the fact they didn't list him in the ride credits at D23 pretty much sealed that deal

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Original Poster

Does any of that even sound a little bit true? Think about it. Credibility is everything.

I’ve actually heard some things about the ride, but I’m not going to say anything, due to not being given permission to do so. It’s not my place. But with all that said, they’ve never hinted at Facilier’s return.

Kirby86

Does any of that even sound a little bit true? Think about it. Credibility is everything.

I’ve actually heard some things about the ride, but I’m not going to say anything, due to not being given permission to do so. It’s not my place. But with all that said, they’ve never hinted at Facilier’s return.
I think the biggest hint that Dr. Facilier won't be back is while announcing the returning voice cast from the film they left out Keith David. Also going from the D23 expo stuff Facilier was in no way hinted to be there. But if he does show up the excuse could be his friends from the other side just really like salt and it's his turn to go to grab some.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom