Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Rich T

So does anybody still really think that this was indeed "in the works for a year"?
Yes. Absolutely. Cripes, this is Disney. They move slowly. They took two years to move one kiddy spinner ride a couple of hundred yards. Five years after announcement, they STILL havenā€™t finished WDWā€™s Tron rideā€”and that thingā€™s a clone. Iā€™m sure theyā€™ve had ā€œRetheme Splashā€ talks and concepts kicking around for years, waiting for the right time to green light.

The Tiana rideā€˜s progress has been, very likely, going through the same ridiculous corporate hoo-hah that slows down nearly everything they do.

No Name

I honestly thought as soon as they said that, the missing ingredient was going to be... us, at the party. They will be celebrating our arrival...
I never thought of that but now Iā€™m convinced that this is the story. Itā€™s a more impactful ending than being like ā€œhey I found the sugar, who put it in the wrong cabinet?!ā€

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Screenshot_20220917-154421_eBay.jpg

The reselling has begun

Rich T

Last scene before unload: A star falls out of the night sky and Ray pops up out of the grass and exclaims, ā€œIā€™m ALIVE again thanks to the power of your hearts!!!!ā€

waltography

Weird. I mean, they could be worth more someday, but why bother at such low prices? $7.99 isn't even worth my time to list it, package it and ship it. That's like the price of a happy meal.

I guess they are hoping for a bidding war. They're gonna be waiting a long time. Clearly, nobody wants them.
Seriously. Meanwhile people are reselling the freebie D23 Lorcana cards for $100+ (and truthfully I'm tempted to list mine at that price).

Screen Shot 2022-09-17 at 7.14.08 PM.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just to be clear: we're losing a mountain and gaining a salt mine?
To be clear, the mountain of Splash Mountain was never a mountain and just a brilliant idea of Eisner to promote the movie Splash.

In both the telling of the ride's narrative, and in the external facade of the attraction (the way it looks), and in the actually of the height of the attraction... it's not a mountain. A briar patch does not a mountain make.

Parteecia

To be clear, the mountain of Splash Mountain was never a mountain and just a brilliant idea of Eisner to promote the movie Splash.

In both the telling of the ride's narrative, and in the external facade of the attraction (the way it looks), and in the actually of the height of the attraction... it's not a mountain. A briar patch does not a mountain make.
A shame. I used to enjoy dropping in just to ride the range, sometimes including Grizzly. I would've bought the t shirt they had but I recall it saying Mountain Man.
julydisneyland19902.jpg

Last edited:

LittleBuford

Youā€™ve said this before, but it felt pretty mountainous to me by Disney standards, regardless of how its name came about.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
? If Disney called it a mountain then it was a mountain. Do you dispute their other mountains?
I'm disputing people who are making the point (a false one) that TBA can not effectively be put into that ride-building, because there are no mountains in NOLA. The only reason why that ride-building is called a "mountain" is because of marketing and that the previous ride did not present the ride-building as a "mountain" except in name only. Thus, the new ride does not have to find a way to include a mountain into its narrative.

Disney can call a theme park "The Magic Kingdom," but, in fact, it is not a monarchy.

LittleBuford

I'm disputing people who are making the point (a false one) that TBA can not effectively be put into that ride-building, because there are no mountains in NOLA. The only reason why that ride-building is called a "mountain" is because of marketing and that the previous ride did not present the ride-building as a "mountain" except in name only. Thus, the new ride does not have to find a way to include a mountain into its narrative.

Disney can call a theme park "The Magic Kingdom ," but, in fact, it is not a monarchy.
Like you, I agree that the current structure works perfectly well for the new theme; the elevation of Louisiana is totally irrelevant to a fantasy ride. However, Iā€™m puzzled by your insistence that the structure is a mountain in name only. It is up there (pun intended) with the other Disney mountains in terms of the vertiginous impression it makes. That doesnā€™t make it a mountain by real-world standards, of course, but by Disney standards, it more than qualifies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom