Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

MoonRakerSCM

The Frozen ride takes place after the movie and yet we still hear the songs from the movie.

To have an E-ticket based on a movie and leave out a major character from said movie seems odd.

“Why would you expect to see Ursula in a little mermaid ride? - what’s wrong with you!?”
Agreed. It's delusional to suggest people with that expectation are delusional.

Lets see, Film based Disney rides.... hmmmm-

Snow White- all the film music
Peter Pan - all the film music
Mr. Toad- all the film music
Pinocchio- all the film music
Alice- all the film music
Winnie the Pooh- all the film music
Little Mermaid- all the film music
Tarzan's Treehouse- instantly recognizable film theme music
Star Tours- main theme, instantly recognizable film music
Indiana Jones- main theme, instantly recognizable film music
Aladdin stage show- all the film music (+ more)
Lion King stage show- all the film music (+ more)

How dare guests assume that one of the most popular songs from Princess and the Frog be in a Princess and the Frog ride!

mickEblu

This actually makes me somewhat hopeful. It suggests that there will be something magical and interesting preceding the drop.

Right or that she's there to help defeat some sort of evil presence but again with all things considered its just not skewing that way. Maybe they know how much people want "Friends on the other side" and are leaving it as a surprise? It just seems more likely that in the era of the inclusion committee black people doing voodoo didn't make the cut. Then again Faciler is still a face character so Im not sure. I'm 50/ 50 right now on there being some suspense. 20/80 on Facilier/ friends on the other side. I really hate the back story though. We re helping Tiana find an ingredient. Worse than I though they could have ever cooked up. With that said, all of their back stories are garbage and it may not necessarily translate that way on the ride.

Last edited:

No Name

It’s very possible that the ride is about Tiana running her food business with a b-story of Louie finding his trumpet, all in preparation for a big Mardi Gras celebration at the end. I think everything we’ve heard can be true.

DrAlice

All this backstory is just corporate noise anyway, right? I mean, let's be real for a second. Most people are NOT going to know this backstory. They will get in line, then ride the ride. If it was fun, they will ride it again and tell their friends. If the experience is a downgrade, they will say that too. BUT, they aren't changing the ride itself, so it will still be fun. It's just crazies like us that are obsessing over these details. This is going to be a hit, regardless of what they do to it. It's not like they are going to turn it into a music-less lecture on economics of the 1920s. Although, now that I think of it, the crash of '29 could be the climax over the big hill.... 🤣🤣

PiratesMansion

This is actually starting to sound more and more like Knott’s Bear-Y Tales. Maybe on the way to the Mardi Gras, Dr. Faciler’s sister steals one of Tiana’s recipes. 😄
Will it involve the shooting of Boysenberry Juice or a similar blandcorporatenameproduct substitute?!?!?

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Carter, Smith, and Ted R just took the stage at D23
Update: Aninka now singing Almost there live.
No new updates about ride.

Last edited:

TsWade2

I’m sorry, guys! But there’s nothing we can do to make Disney change their mind about rethemeing Splash Mountain. We’ll just have to give up and let it go. I’m sorry.

DavidDL

After todays presentation, I’m 99.9% certain now that Facilier won’t be anywhere in the attraction. I was holding onto hope they’d find a way to work him into the ride even though he’s gone to the other side after the movie. But when they were showing off the voice actors, his wasn’t listed. Pretty sure they’d of wanted to show that off if he were featured.

Then again, returning voice actors was sort of a given. Talking about it and having their big song and dance routine was just a big waste of time to pad the panel out because they really didn’t have anything new to share with us today.

Nothing worthwhile, anyways. Guessing that’s why they just replayed and repeated their Disney Parks post to the audience. :/

mickEblu

After todays presentation, I’m 99.9% certain now that Facilier won’t be anywhere in the attraction. I was holding onto hope they’d find a way to work him into the ride even though he’s gone to the other side after the movie. But when they were showing off the voice actors, his wasn’t listed. Pretty sure they’d of wanted to show that off if he were featured.

Then again, returning voice actors was sort of a given. Talking about it and having their big song and dance routine was just a big waste of time to pad the panel out because they really didn’t have anything new to share with us today.

Nothing worthwhile, anyways. Guessing that’s why they just replayed and repeated their Disney Parks post to the audience. :/

I agree but they don’t really need him. Especially if he’s coming back from the other side. They just need to play the music/song

mickEblu

Wait. Mama Odie does voodoo too right? So the lack of Facilier has nothing to do with the Inclusion Committee. So what the heck is wrong with WDI? Is some of it pride? Like “we can’t give them exactly what some dude on YouTube posted a day after the retheme was announced.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom