Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

waltography

Wait. Mama Odie does voodoo too right? So the lack of Facilier has nothing to do with the Inclusion Committee. So what the heck is wrong with WDI? Is some of it pride? Like “we can’t give them exactly what some dude on YouTube posted a day after the retheme was announced.”
Could be a card they're keeping close to their chest for now; I can't fathom a Tiana Splash takeover without "Friends on the Other Side" on the final lift hill, and the ride model with the purple lights in the lift hill before the drop does nothing to quell those thoughts.

Brer Panther

Remember how people online were claiming that animatronics and props were already being built for the retheme? If that were true, don't you think they would've showed them off at D23?
So the lack of Facilier has nothing to do with the Inclusion Committee. So what the heck is wrong with WDI?
My guess is that they think having Facilier will make the ride "too scary" for kids?

TP2000

They could make a really interesting ride based on a true Louisiana incident involving salt mines and water. An oil rig drilled into a salt mine back in 1980 and an entire lake was sucked into the ground. You could ride the last log down into the salt mine.

Are you not tracking this thread correctly? Did you not keep the wdwmagic.com refrigerator magnets aligned properly? I already suggested that here months ago...

Oh, dear. That YouTube video with Ms. Charita Carter was a tad messy. 🧐

And just as Joe Rohde did with all his "research trips" for roller coasters, WDI decided to play up New Orleans because it has an operating Ritz-Carlton downtown where they can set up camp on the corporate card. Never underestimate the power of Imagineering execs to spend lavishly on themselves and pretend they have to do endless expense-account "research" for a log ride. :rolleyes:

As for salt domes, sure why not?!? The salt dome theme has endless possibilities for drama and mayhem. But at least in the 1980 Louisiana disaster, all the miners made it out alive. Barely.

Tiana's Bayou Adventure - Presented by Morton Salt

But seriously, it's not a half-bad idea for a theme park ride... Tiana's Bayou Adventure, Presented by Morton Salt.

Or, since it's a Pixar property designed by WDI, it will need colons and a lengthier title and a corporate sponsor that makes no sense.

Something like Princess Tiana: Inclusive Salt Dome Jazzy Jubilee!, Presented by Ziploc.

truecoat

Are you not tracking this thread correctly? Did you not keep the wdwmagic.com refrigerator magnets aligned properly? I already suggested that here months ago...

But seriously, it's not a half-bad idea for a theme park ride... Tiana's Bayou Adventure, Presented by Morton Salt.

Or, since it's a Pixar property designed by WDI, it will need colons and a lengthier title and a corporate sponsor that makes no sense.

Something like Princess Tiana: Inclusive Salt Dome Jazzy Jubilee!, Presented by Ziploc.

For a forum thread like this one, there are days where I just skip to recent but smart-axx people think alike.

Professortango1

Don't they say that "a woman of [Tiana's] background" is better off not owning the building or something like that?
Exactly, because she has no wealth or collateral. She also has no knowledge of running a business nor any family to have learned it from. The movie tried incredibly hard to avoid any instance of racism, yet set the turn of the century New Orleans with leads of color. Its one of the shortcomings of the film.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Exactly, because she has no wealth or collateral. She also has no knowledge of running a business nor any family to have learned it from. The movie tried incredibly hard to avoid any instance of racism, yet set the turn of the century New Orleans with leads of color. Its one of the shortcomings of the film.
The ending of the film very explicitly shows her using her princely husband's wealth (and threat of alligator) to buy and invest in the property she wants to create a very successful restaurant. As for the "business" she's running, it's not a hedge fund. It's a restaurant, of which she is very familiar.

The threat of alligator should alert everyone this isn't a documentary.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So does anybody still really think that this was indeed "in the works for a year"?
Yep, and its way past time to let that go. Whether it be the current iteration of the salt mine or the Jim Hill rumored Louis hunts for his trumpet idea or some other PotF idea, it clear that they've been looking for some PotF idea to change the attraction since at least 2019 if not before.

If you want a similar example just look at the Avengers E-Ticket at DCA. It was announced in 2019 with a vague piece of concept art but clear its been in the works for at least a year before that and its been changed multiple times, sound familiar.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom