Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

shambolicdefending

Are we all under the assumption that Splash Mountain's swan song will be in mid-January? Any rumors saying earlier or later? I can't imagine it could be much later if they want it ready to roll in 2024.

shambolicdefending

I said...

So let me be more specific:

That's a leftist ideology? Are The Right for being associated with racism?​

The B'rers are going bye bye because of the racist company they kept.

Disney had decades to formalize a separation. They knew it was problematic. They waited until it was too late.
Yes, I do think the "don't be associated with..." argument is where there's a division in views that will tend to fall along ideological lines.

That's a very broad standard and not everyone will reasonably agree on how far and wide it should be applied.

Racial issues are such a constant in the world that it can be nearly impossible to find anything NOT associated with racism in one way or another.

The Mom

Premium Member
And I’m very tired of it. All of that mumbo-jumbo should go . That way, those of us who have moved on can actually discuss the ride and those who haven’t can talk about whatever they want.
Exactly. The Politics and Social Issues forum is gone, so there is no place to discuss social issues on this forum. There are other websites for those discussions.

el_super

I'm sure that, whatever theme ends up going in, the ride will still be great. Log flumes are best when they are fast and feel slightly out of control, which is part of the reason I never really enjoyed WDW's Splash Mountain as much as Disneyland's. Story is secondary.

Disneyland's Splash traditionally has closed in the winter months, and if they are serious about getting this open in 2024, I could see it lasting through the Holiday Season and closing in January for the refresh. I think the toontown ride is schedule to open in March of 23 right... so that would make up for losing Splash capacity over Spring Break and Summer.

PiratesMansion

DLR's Splash story is not secondary, it's more dialog based with less visual cues.
I think he's just saying that's the case for him personally. I can't dispute him that the DL version feels more thrilling than WDW's.

I do think that the WDW/Tokyo version of the story is better told, though people could certainly make a case for any of the Splash Mountains as their favorite version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom