Tiana’s Bayou Adventure SPOILER Thread

ChesireCat11

1717539374621.png

This picture is really funny, I guess the logs actually do exist, and they use it to transfer food?? They also didn't bother to match the logs to WDW version but kept it as disneylands

SuddenStorm

View attachment 789518
This picture is really funny, I guess the logs actually do exist, and they use it to transfer food?? They also didn't bother to match the logs to WDW version but kept it as disneylands

This oversight is amusing, considering how the entirety of the marketing for this was on how 'authentic' it would be with an incredible attention to detail.

But their digital artist couldn't be bothered to mock up a new painting for Disney World.

Sectorkeeper71

View attachment 789518
They would make terrible transport vehicles though since they have defined rows vs the open space in the Disneyland ones.

Not that I condone the use of hollowed out logs to move inventory when much better options exist

Last edited:

FettFan

A few more random thoughts based on various lines said:
  • "Hey, any musicians down here who can play a horn and jam?" says Louis, in the garden of Tiana's Foods. Why is he looking there? It still makes no sense. Tiana just said we were going to the bayou, but he's looking for grasshoppers in the okra?
  • "They're all going to play at the party, but we have to keep exploring HIGH and LOW!" says Tiana, after we found the two critter bands. Why? We just found a whole bunch of critters.
  • "Time to think big! Time to get tiny...tiny...tiny..." Whose idea was this? Tiana? She doesn't mention Mama Odie once, and then it seems to be a surprise to her that we're tiny, because she can't find us for a minute. Then they find us, but they don't seem at all affected by the fact that we're tiny. They don't even mention it; they just bop their CGI heads to the music.
  • "Hope you enjoyed being tiny!" exclaims Mama Odie. One of my least favorite lines. It's painfully simplistic.
  • "We gotta get you to the party!" Weren't we with Tiana like two seconds ago? Why did she leave without us? Especially after we helped her find the critters she needed!

Obviously the same caliber of writers that brought us “Do you remember learning your A-B-C’s?”

notcurlybrace

@wdwmagic 's video is by far the best one out there, and really lets you appreciate the scenic details of the ride.

As others have said, the faults of the ride are more to do with its story, writing, programming, staging and pacing than any technical craft. That and they took a ride literally and figuratively centered around a big drop, and made it totally incidental to the experience.

The ride is a series of disjointed elements that look nice in isolation, but don't work together as a whole.
agreed; their POV is a marked improvement on the other ones that have been put out.
on the bright side, as far as things like the story and writing come, they're fixable. i don't really expect changes to be announced and made immediately, but they have a decent foundation and just need to do something with it. this could be a great ride, it's just unacceptable that this is how the story and whatnot turned out.

...disney add facilier k thx bai :)

JohnD

Looks like they also removed the splash effect that would activate when one log plunged down the drop. :(
On the one hand, I can understand why. It's no longer "Splash" Mountain. OTOH, Mama Odie, does say "splash" before going up the lift hill which could be a reason for keeping the effect.

Brer Panther

I know. I think her specifically turning us into frogs could have been an explicit reference that would tie it back to PatF.
Funny thing is, the whole reason why they set the retheme after the movie was to avoid that complaint about how the first black princess is an animal for most of the movie. Apparently, it's okay to turn the RIDERS into frogs?
I think your supposed to be shrunk the whole time because one of the early scenes have these giant cat creatures
The bobcats? I don't think that's supposed to be an indication that we're shrunk. They're just normal bobcats.

Musical Mermaid

Putting Dr. Facilier as conflict aside, this is such a bland trip to a Louisiana bayou for a thrill ride. With "adventure" in the ride's name, I would've thought we would see some snakes and gators, especially since it's nighttime in there. We just happen to only cross paths with friendly musical bears and critters and everything is convenient to get everyone to the party on time.

Ayla

Yes, like the one that could get you wet if it was timed just right before the first climb of the ride. For people who don't want to get super wet, that was annoying to get hit with.
Yep. It never got any of the riders going down the plunge, it soaked whoever happened to be unlucky enough to be waiting to go up the first lift hill.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Yep. It never got any of the riders going down the plunge, it soaked whoever happened to be unlucky enough to be waiting to go up the first lift hill.
I think that was the point of it. When I was a young lad, that part of the ride was scarier than the drop. I grew attached to it though by the time I was older.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom