Tiana’s Bayou Adventure SPOILER Thread

flyerjab

I rode it today and found it to be somewhat underwhelming.

Obviously there are top notch AAs throughout this ride. And they looked great and were all functioning as programmed. And they look better than any of the AAs from Splash.

The numerous critters are cute and they remind me of the AAs from Splash: no complicated movements or anything but they still looked good.

To me, the final scene after the drop is just as impressive as Splash’s big scene. It was big, had a lot of AAs, used screens effectively to create depth, and had great music. In fact, the music throughout the ride and the queue was fantastic. The zydeco music was probably my favorite.

Also, I loved the lighting effects when you get shrunk. That is really well done.

That being said…

There is just too much emptiness in this ride. Although I never found the AAs in Splash to be anything to write home about, the sheer number them is what really sold that ride. Well, that and the music. IMO, you simply can’t go from a ride that has that much theming and AAs…to this. This should have wowed me the way Splash first did when I rode it, but it didn’t. Is it a good ride? Yeah. Is it as impressive as Splash? Overall I would say no.

The real issue is again, this shoehorning in an IP that this ride layout was not designed for. You can tell when you ride it; the timing is awkward throughout the entire ride. And because they spent so much on the advanced AAs, there are just stretches of swamp (i.e. nothing). I was hoping the firefly projections would have helped create some depth but they didn’t. And the room with the big Tiana and Louie screen with them bouncing is just…odd. And that room also had this empty feeling to it.

The story doesn’t bother me that much. Honestly, the way some people on here talk about the plot of Splash and the tension or whatever, you’d think Disney should have won some sort of award lol. Literally, it’s a fox and a dumb bear trying to catch a rabbit. It isn’t that complex.

In the end, it is just like wdwmagic stated: a mixed bag.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom