Thoughts on "holding" quick service tables?

Lensman

This is exactly why Disney should have some rule or policy in place concerning this issue. Guests should never be placed in that position. I agree 100% that not getting a table until you have food is a better system - but only if everyone else has to do it. Otherwise, I'm the one standing there holding a tray with no place to sit while others are saving tables, and that is not an acceptable solution to me. That's why I don't believe it matters what people think "should" be done. We go to Disney 2 or 3 times a year, usually at less popular times, and we always see people sitting at tables with no food. Disney obviously allows it. Even if everyone following this thread agreed that saving tables is bad and promised never to do it again, it would have no impact whatsoever on what goes on at Disney.
But fighting about it endlessly and repeatedly on an online message board is so much fun.

lazyboy97o

So you will force people to stand and eat just so your family can hog a table for 20 minutes while you are in line? Love the consideration for others. And they ar plenty of places they can wait.
Making people go elsewhere just shifts when the table is under utilized. Instead of people waiting for food you just get food waiting for people.

Kingoglow

The QS registers at Disney are NOT made for a full family to go up and order together. There is simply not enough space at the register or in the line leading to the counter or at the counter itseld.

They are not even made for two people to stand in line together. Even a parent one child take up too much space for what they are trying to accomplish in those tiny ques. I cringe at the families that decide that they all need to be standing in that tiny space together, taking up all the real estate, and backing up the line behind them.

Disney obviously designed ordering ques, like the one in Columbia Harbor House or Casey's, for one person to order. They did not allow for enough space for full families to stand there together. Being what it is, the rest of the family should go gather condiments and grab a table. That obviously is what Disney designed for.

I am sorry that you are having troubles finding a table.

katieee

You are the people I have issue with, yes, a disabled person who can not stand is one thing, but you are holding a table, which could make another party have to stand and eat while your family is hogging the table and chances are they can probably eat and be finished by the time you are out of line, children can stand and wait.

I have an issue with people like you, those that think they’re perfect 😏 this thread is ridiculous, and yes il be getting a table whilst my husband goes to get the food, a 7 month old baby can’t stand 👏🏽 so if you’re there in 3 weeks il be the one table hogging 🙌🏼

Lensman

My concluding thought on this is that rather than setting its guests into conflict with each other over whether we're supposed to hold quick service tables before we get our order, maybe Disney could just put in more seating? Let's not fight with each other, we have a common enemy. With the prices we pay for admission, the least we can expect is for there to be adequate seating available when we're buying overpriced CS food.

jaklgreen

The QS registers at Disney are NOT made for a full family to go up and order together. There is simply not enough space at the register or in the line leading to the counter or at the counter itseld.

They are not even made for two people to stand in line together. Even a parent one child take up too much space for what they are trying to accomplish in those tiny ques. I cringe at the families that decide that they all need to be standing in that tiny space together, taking up all the real estate, and backing up the line behind them.

Disney obviously designed ordering ques, like the one in Columbia Harbor House or Casey's, for one person to order. They did not allow for enough space for full families to stand there together. Being what it is, the rest of the family should go gather condiments and grab a table. That obviously is what Disney designed for.

I am sorry that you are having troubles finding a table.

I agree that there is very little space, but some families have no choice. When I went with my kids when they were young, I couldn't leave them at a table by themselves out of my site. But going to sit down is not the only option other then sitting at a table. Bigger families can wait outside and only send 2 people in to order. Once the order is taken then the second person can go get the others to sit down and then go back and help carry. And everything depends on how many people you are ordering for. One person can't always carry all of the food for a large group so you need more then one person in line. There are many ways to handle things other then to take up a table for a long time before actually getting your food. Sitting down is just the easiest. I think a good solution is to give out restaurant fast passes. Go tell them where you want to eat and they assign a time for you to go depending on capacity.

disneyfireman

Pecos Bills and Cosmic Rays have policies where they won't let you sit and hold a table all the other quick services need to follow suit.
Not enforced. We do it every time we eat. Wife and or one of the kids get a table while I or wife orders. No one stops them. We will continue as most others in holding a table while one orders. It’s the common sense way to do it.

Last edited:

DisneyGigi

Why can't the rest of your party wait out of the way for you to get the food then go get a table, sorry , but I have stood up eating at Casey's one too many times while people who were sitting there not eating were hogging a table, and I finished eating before their party showed up with food , so we could have eaten at the table and been finished before the table hog's party even showed up.
I don’t eat at Casey’s. Twice in 21 years. And only because I was starving. If I want hot dogs and fries, of that quality, I will get them at a gas station. And I have never held a standing, or sitting table there. 🤢 That food is Nasty!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
One other aspect to this that I hate is the people who ask if they can have your table when you done, I don't mind that except for example the last time we were at Disney we were finishing up , a woman comes and ask if we are leaving and if she can have our table, we say yes, before we can even get our trash cleared another woman comes and plops her tray down, we point to the women's tray that we said could have the table, new women declares that she has small children so she is taking the table, we tell her we already told the other group they could have it, she goes into a rage on the other group because her kids are younger than the kids of the promised group. We leave as a cast member is coming over to try to break up the fight that has ensued over the table.
Hmmm. Since Disney is monetizing just about everything they can, why can't the park guests monetize table succession?

"Lady 1, how much are you willing to pay to get this table right now?"

"Lady 2, are you willing to beat that offer?"

PolynesianPrincess

Unless there is only one person in your party then there is no issue other people getting a table whilst someone else queues for the food! it’s just as annoying when the queue is 3 miles long because people in huge parties all queue up for the food! some people on here need to grow up and if people want to find a table whilst one person gets the food then so be it 👍🏼🤦🏻‍♀️

If people think holding tables is a no-no, who are you to tell them their OPINION is wrong? sounds like you're the one who needs to grow up :)

John park hopper

Disney a new way to make money --coin operated tables and chairs. Just like parking meters you select how much time you want to sit and eat --put your money in the slot. When your time is up red light flashes on table and horn blows. Disney can have table maids just like meter maids.

Chi84

Premium Member
If people think holding tables is a no-no, who are you to tell them their OPINION is wrong? sounds like you're the one who needs to grow up :)
Opinions are only as good as the facts and reasoning supporting them - they're not all just as good as anyone else's. It's fine to debate the relative merits of people's opinions, but personal attacks and name-calling are a waste of time because they persuade no one. At least in my opinion . . .;)

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Holding tables is not going to end unless Disney implements another system. Honestly, people staying around hogging tables after they're done eating bothers me more! 😠

PolynesianPrincess

Opinions are only as good as the facts and reasoning supporting them - they're not all just as good as anyone else's. It's fine to debate the relative merits of people's opinions, but personal attacks and name-calling are a waste of time because they persuade no one. At least in my opinion . . .;)

Not really sure what post you read but nowhere in my post did I call anyone a name. The poster simply said people on here needed to grow up. I simply stated she might be the one who needs to grow up ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom