Thoughts on "holding" quick service tables?

John park hopper

Our trip in May 2017 we went to EPCOT and did the Fish and Chips QS at the England pavilion. There were no tables available so I ordered our food while the wife looked for a table as I was standing in line she found a table and sat down. I have no problem with holding a table I do have a problem holding a tray with food and drinks and no place to sit.

Last edited:

Patcheslee

It does not matter how many people are in the queue. They are still ordering for the same amount. So when the order for the family of 6 is done, they are all leaving at the same time. It does not take any longer for you to order or get your food because it is still for the same amount of people. What does hold up the line are the people who are not ready by the time it is their turn to order. You should not get in line until you know what you want.
1 person ordering for a large party waiting elsewhere makes the line "look" like it will take less time to get food. Reality is it didn't change.

Chi84

Premium Member
Disney has tried to enforce such a policy in the relatively recent past, but I think they have stopped trying. There really is no place for parties to wait other than at a table.
I heard they do this at the busiest times of the year, which we avoid. I don't know if they've stopped altogether.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Our trip in May 2017 we went to EPCOT and did the Fish and Chips QS at the England pavilion. There were no tables available so I ordered our food while the wife looked for a table as I was standing in line she food a table and sat down. I have no problem with holding a table I do have a problem holding a tray with food and drinks and no place to sit.

At that place in particular. Those gulls are obnoxious - I had one swoop down and grab the piece of fish in my hand I was about to take a bite out of. And bonked me on the head doing so. That gull was lucky it didn't end up feet up, floating in the lagoon...

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
1 person ordering for a large party waiting elsewhere makes the line "look" like it will take less time to get food. Reality is it didn't change.
That's not true. More bodies clog up the line and make the cashiers less efficient. They can't start the next order when there's not enough room for the next family to advance to the register.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I have no issue with families with young children in strollers or members in wheelchairs/scooters waiting at a table. It can be a struggle for some to get in and out of a wheelchair or scooter. Plus, better than them clogging up the lines in a cramped place like Casey's. We stand in line to order and then one of us goes to find a table while the rest wait for the food.

Most of my trips are solo. I have no problem offering to share my table. What I do have an issue with is someone deciding because it's just me, I should give up my table and/or seat to their family members. I actually had a woman, while eating by myself at Casey's, ask if I would finish so her family could have my CHAIR - they'd already taken the empty chairs from my table. She kept looking at me with that "hurry up and finish" look, so I proceeded to eat slowly and enjoy my hotdog.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I
I have no issue with families with young children in strollers or members in wheelchairs/scooters waiting at a table. It can be a struggle for some to get in and out of a wheelchair or scooter. Plus, better than them clogging up the lines in a cramped place like Casey's. We stand in line to order and then one of us goes to find a table while the rest wait for the food.

Most of my trips are solo. I have no problem offering to share my table. What I do have an issue with is someone deciding because it's just me, I should give up my table and/or seat to their family members. I actually had a woman, while eating by myself at Casey's, ask if I would finish so her family could have my CHAIR - they'd already taken the empty chairs from my table. She kept looking at me with that "hurry up and finish" look, so I proceeded to eat slowly and enjoy my hotdog.
Should have slung it right at her obnoxious face tbh.

correcaminos

Disney has tried to enforce such a policy in the relatively recent past, but I think they have stopped trying. There really is no place for parties to wait other than at a table.

They were doing it in some places in 2015. I hated it because there were so many families standing around clogging up the areas. At Columbia Harbor House the CMs were almost downright rude about it too since it was so chaotic. Only good thing was they had HA area for us to go to which was nice. Otherwise my family in wheels would've been more of a problem to the line than not.

I haven't seen it enforced much since that trip thank goodness.

LAKid53

Premium Member
They were doing it in some places in 2015. I hated it because there were so many families standing around clogging up the areas. At Columbia Harbor House the CMs were almost downright rude about it too since it was so chaotic. Only good thing was they had HA area for us to go to which was nice. Otherwise my family in wheels would've been more of a problem to the line than not.

I haven't seen it enforced much since that trip thank goodness.

Part of the problem I've witnessed is that certain QS locations have insufficient seating to accommodate peak times. No guest should have to eat their meal on top of a trash can, which I've resorted to at Casey's.

correcaminos

Part of the problem I've witnessed is that certain QS locations have insufficient seating to accommodate peak times. No guest should have to eat their meal on top of a trash can, which I've resorted to at Casey's.

Casey's does have a real problem. I noticed they did rope the one indoor area off from the interior of Casey's last week, which almost makes no sense because you can walk in from the other door on the outside (how I noticed it was roped off). In general though the QS places that were enforcing it more and aren't now didn't really have that much of a need.

We kind of stopped eating at Casey's for that reason though. The food isn't good enough to have to walk and eat.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Well hey now. We are talking Disney Prices, that’s extortion. You want $24 to watch the kids for 6 minutes?
That sounds about right. Not that your kids aren't precious, adorable little people, but... my time is valuable.

Roakor

Usually one of two ways with me.

1. We all wait in line until we order. Then I send DW and the kids to find a table while I wait for the food to come out.
  2. I mobile order and they immediately go find a table while I go get the food.
I have more of a "problem" with the folk that want to sit and engage in a 20 minute conversation AFTER they've finished eating - thus tying up a table unnecessarily. You want to sit around and gab at a TS, fine. But don't do it at a QS where space is limited.

this is what we do, and I agree 100% about hanging around after your done eating.

ppete1975

I'm sure a lot of people are annoyed at cosmic rays, I was the first time that the cast members didn't let us sit without food. Its a common thing to do anywhere but Disney. But once I saw how busy they were I totally understood the need for the rules of you have to have your food. I don't blame Disney at all and I'm glad they do it. I also feel horrible for the cast members who prob get the most abuse of any cast members in the park.

Minthorne

Should You hold a table? Should you all stand in line?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom