Those little sparks...memories.

matt_taylor1985

Original Poster
I thought this would be a great place for some nostalgia. To share those little moments, like when you've visited Disney years past, and what little random things do you remember.

For me:

Even though I was really young, I always remember the Delta Dreamflight, flying over Paris, I think it was.

And also, there's a store across from the Haunted Mansion that sells candy, and I seem to always remember those multi coloured lollies with character faces on them.

BuddhasHomeGirl

Even though I was really young, I always remember the Delta Dreamflight, flying over Paris, I think it was.

YES! I have always missed that! I still remember the song and the little couple that was sitting at the bistro table, that was my favorite. :)

I have pics (i will try to find them) of when they were just building Splash Mountain and feeling the excitement & the anticipation, and then being able to go the following year and riding it.

HeatherK

I remember my first time to Disney, June of 1993. My mom, sister (then 9) and I (then 5) riding the skyway and watching my dad from above walking through the park because he does not enjoy heights, so he walked to the other side of MK instead of joining us on the skyway.

yankspy

I remember "If you had wings" because that was a free attraction so we rode it a lot. I remember the House of Magic, Teriyaki burgers at the Verandah, breakfast at Oscar Mayer, River Country, the Empress Lilly, the Village Restaurant, the gourmet shop, Epcot Center, 20,000 leagues, etc....:)

diddy_mouse

I definitely remember the Skyway. I also remember my dad buying ponchos in the Norway gift shop during a signature summer downpour back in '88, then staying up "late" to watch IllumiNations. That was also the trip I got my Figment plush :D

Disney_Belle

I remember my first visit to WDW, I was 4 years old (it was 1988). I remember we walked into the Magic Kingdom, and we had a stroller (and the back part of it layed backwards so whoever was in it could sleep). Well I had it in the "reclined" position lol, and I was laying back looking up at a lamp post which had a plant on it, it was right in front of city hall. And as I was laying there just staring at the sky (we were waiting for my grandmother to do something, I'm not sure what lol), all of a sudden this figure was towering over me. I was speechless, I froze. I realized I was face to face with....

Goofy :)

It was my first character experience, and I will never ever forget it.

wedway71

I remember "If you had wings" because that was a free attraction so we rode it a lot. I remember the House of Magic, Teriyaki burgers at the Verandah, breakfast at Oscar Mayer, River Country, the Empress Lilly, the Village Restaurant, the gourmet shop, Epcot Center, 20,000 leagues, etc....:)

I remember "If You Had Wings " too. Just like you said, we rode it a bunch of times since it was free during the days of tickets.

Im 37 and went there the the first year it opened. sad to see all of the attractions and shops that are long one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom