This Wand Update is Pretty Bare Bones - 8/3

nelsonj3

Thank you for the pictures! I am getting so excited to finally see SSE on its own without any needless "enhancements" to an already beautiful structure!

Also, I'm REALLY glad they're taking the stars down. I think the stars bother me more than the wand itself did. (Although I didn't like the wand at all). The stars look VERY cheap on SSE. However, I agree with the above posters that taking down the stars would really be a tough and dangerous job!

tirian

I love it..I love it! Great progress- looking better already.

Now, If we could just do something about those gravestones......

I can't believe I'm saying this:

Once the wand structure and the stars are gone, and the area surrounding SSE is landscaped again, the LaL Tombstones may not look as bad as they did.

I like how they frame SSE now; it looks like the ball is hovering above them.

jt04

I can't believe I'm saying this:

Once the wand structure and the stars are gone, and the area surrounding SSE is landscaped again, the LaL Tombstones may not look as bad as they did.

I like how they frame SSE now; it looks like the ball is hovering above them.

No amount of Disney Magic make-up will fix that LaL tragedy of poor planning. The only hope is removal and relocation....with nice landscaping of course.

tirian

I'm not saying that the tombstones should stay there! But in the meantime, they don't look as awful as they did. Once the palm trees and other landscaping are restored to the SSE pavilion, the entrance will be a little greener than it is now.

If the WDC is going to spend the money to renovate the entire entrance, I think that the tombstones should be moved to a nicely landscaped area. But for now, I'm content with the wand's removal. :D

I have been to Epcot many times and this is the first time I ever notice this:

wtffb9.jpg

Are those painted onto SSE?????

SDav10495

Yes, the Millennium Celebration was a traumatic experience for Spaceship Earth in a number of ways. The wand is often cited first, then the LaL slabs, but the way LaL violated SSE's legs (waaayy past the thigh) is equally as vile.

teebin

I have been to Epcot many times and this is the first time I ever notice this:

Are those painted onto SSE?????

It was LaL. They wanted to mirror the LaL monuments. I hate this painting even more than the wand thang... and that is saying something. It's as if they hired a high school art department (combined vote) to decide how to best echo the LaL monuments.

It is a one dimensional el-cheapo cop-out. I am hoping that with the wand, so goes the the cheap cheap painting on the legs. I cannot even believe a Disney imagineer came up with that... it is more as if some exec's 9 year old came up with the idea.

Expo_Seeker40

It was done to make leave a legacy look like it was a part of the plaza.....which regardless, the LaL monoliths clash with the architecture and layout of the original plaza, rather than designing a monument that would flow with it......:eek:

DrWhat

My wife asks "When will they get rid of the tombstones?"

And I tell her "One eyesore at a time, my dear." :lol:

diddy_mouse

I just had a slightly random thought...

Will they just use old stock footage of SSE for promotional videos and such after the rest of the "wand-remains" are removed? Or do you think they'd actually take the time to get a whole new set of B-roll/fly-over footage? :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom