This Wand Update is Pretty Bare Bones - 8/3

Spyne

Thanks for the update. :)

Well, now what's left of the wand has become a pointless steel structure. :lol: Now just the countdown to how long it will take for the steel structure itself to be dismantled...oh, and the stars up top SSE as well.

jiminy.cricket

Sometimes I think I'm outgrowing Disney. Every time I see the pictures in a new wand update thread, I scream. A lot. So, I guess I'm still not sane!

jessfriends

ToTBellHop

Wow, they are making progress fast. Anyone think SSE will be to its old wandless self in about a month?

I wasnt one that really hated the wand, it wasnt something that bothered me, and I must admit it is going to take a lot of getting used to to see it in its original state.
I think it will be wandless in about a week. It may take a bit longer to get the stars off just b/c it's dangerous (not that it isn't all a bit dangerous, but if I had to pick a job on this project, removing the stars would be my last pick), and then they'll have to do some landscaping to hide where the wand's foundation will surely remain, and they'll have to clean SSE, so THAT will all take us into September, I'm sure. How were the stars mounted? What are the bolted into? I am unsure of how much they may or may not need to completely replace on SSE. Were they just bolted into the drains?

GymLeaderPhil

Hopefully the draining system also is cleaned after the stars are removed...

IMG_9702.JPG

Don't want this grand and miraculous spaceship to spring another leak. :lookaroun

goofyfan13

Great pics! Thanks!

It's amazing to see how much bigger SSE is looking already, and not only that, how much more "balanced" it seems now. :D

Number_6

I'm getting so excited and can't wait to see how it looks and how much of the remaining structure/stars are gone when I get down there on the 16th. We're taking our daughter to the Princess Storybook Breakfast at Akershus on the 17th, so I should be able to get some nice pics on the way in that day with minimal crowds. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom