This Wand Update is Pretty Bare Bones - 8/3

JWG

Even after they put "the hat" up in Disney/MGM Studios, I've sill talked to people from overseas saying "we went to Universal yesterday and did the Star Wars ride". :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

This happens more than you may think... Our trip two weeks ago had a family from overseas trying to use their Universal tickets to get into MGM. They couldn't understand why they didn't work or that they were at Disney and not Universal. The CM tried so hard to explain the situation - many of them show so much patience and consideration...

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
A Wand tribute video on Youtube. Kinda sad but there will always be change I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8NGinnTHB0&eurl=http://www.epcotswand.com/video.html
hmmm, i cant believe that someone could actually be that upset they would place a country song to it. im not trying to be harsh, but most of the time when people get attached to things they are physical things that you interact with or ride. huh? who knew.

Whenever they get to taking down the stars they should really do something about this too.

Wow...Thats much dirtier than I envisioned. It's probably all of the smoke particles that are rising to the top from the fires that take place during the SSE attraction...:lookaroun
im not certain, but im wondering if this is either lightning strikes or exhaust from the ventilation system. martin?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
didn't we have a earlier post that mentioned A/C repair was going to take place at SSE? If that is the case then I bet they will remove the stars all in one job with the A/C, seems the post mentioned that the A/C would have to be removed through a roof panel. The last few times I rode SSE, the A/C seemed to be off or hardly working.
Yes and no - it seems AC work will be done during the rehab, but the roof hatch is far too small for this.

It`ll either be the side doors (again, rather small and with the outer Alculobond panels in the way) or more likely the service elevator.

Yes and no - it seems AC work will be done during the rehab, but the roof hatch is far too small for this.

It`ll either be the side doors (again, rather small and with the outer Alculobond panels in the way) or more likely the service elevator.

And even if for some reason they did take it out through the roof, I would think it is 2 separate crews...one working on the AC and refurb of SSE and one working on the removal of the Wand and stars. I don't see them being done at the same time by the same crew!

jmvd20

The A/C units would only be exchangers for the chilled water system. These units are very simple - basically all there is to them is the coil, a sheet metal case, and a fan to move air over the coil. In numerous tight situations they can actually be assembled in place, I highly doubt they would have to do anything drastic to change the units out, after all they are a regular maintenance item.

Pete C

I think the LAL tombstones look really cool...I hope they stay. However, the brown paint on the pillars of the sphere looks stupid. I think they should slab all of the pillars entirely in brown marble to look like the tombstones so it all matches...that would look killer.

TestTrack

A rather large section of the structure was removed today. It is quite apparent via the webcam.

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

JML42691

Is this true? NO WAND thread for the day today for pics?
I guess they musn't have done much if anything for work over Sunday night.
I'll be there from the 16-24 but I'm not sure if I'll be able to upload my pics on time for everybody to see unless if they are from the 23rd or 24th. Does anybody know of a good place for internet access near Saratoga Springs as I won't be bringing down a computer?

Figment82

DSCN2143.JPG

DSCN2145.JPG

DSCN2146.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom