this rumor has gained legs......Pepsi

MagicHappens1971

Keeping my fingers crossed that this opens the door for Dr Pepper in the parks
Dr.Pepper isn't exclusive to Pepsi only restaurants, there's tons of restaurants by my house that only serve Coke but have Dr.Pepper. The difference with WDW & DLR is that TWDC must have a "Coke products only" deal, which makes sense. I would be more then shocked if Pepsi was brought into the parks.

Kamikaze

I have from a very very good source that Pepsi will be making a strong push back into theme parks specially Disney world. With Pepsi being the soda beverage of shanghai Disneyland has put a spark back into Pepsi so expect some announcement soon.

There is zero chance of this happening. Literally zero. Whoever started this 'rumor' (if it wasn't just something you made up when you saw that they have Pepsi at Shanghai) has no source.

Wdw62114

I don't even drink soft drinks so I could care less.
3f2fe3e445ca64da0d3f1fb858eb3edd.jpg

bhg469

You can make your own Pepsi really easy. Just open a Coke, pour a little water in it, and wait for the entire thing to go flat. Bam! Pepsi!
Pepsi has a much cleaner taste, not so much spice to it and if I'm choosing it would be that.

I'm usually downing water or unsweetened tea. Lately I've been making some electrolyte water but the parks might make that difficult.

Last edited:

Brad Bishop

It always amazes me how products come and go. In the 1970s there was a pretty intense battle between Coke and Pepsi. Coke kind of screwed that up in the 1980s with New Coke (quickly pulled back on that - how those folks made that call is beyond me). Anyway, I remember it getting fairly quiet towards the end of the 1980s (not a lot of ads) and then in the 1990s it felt like Pepsi ads everywhere.

In the 2000s it seemed to die out again and now it feels like they aren't even relevant products. I don't know anyone who drinks Coke or Pepsi on a regular basis. Everyone has switched to water and coffee.

I think they kind of screwed up a bit by going to cheaper corn-based fructose. It changed the taste. It's not as good. I don't even think it's as good for you. I think it disassociates people who really liked their product before, even if they don't realize it - like in the back of their head they know something's not right/not quite as good, but they don't think about it and just stop purchasing.

Domino's Pizza did something similar in the late 1980s by changing the recipe for their sauce. It used to be just a bit sweeter and was pretty good. They changed it to cut costs and people noticed right away but eventually stopped complaining. Now it's just thought of as mediocre pizza when, at a time, it was thought of as pretty good delivery pizza.

It makes me wonder: Are you really better off selling a sub-standard/mediocre product when you pulled people in with a quality product? I know on the books that you can look at a spreadsheet and see: Before we were earning $3 on a pizza and now we're yielding $3.05!.. Across all of those pizzas throughout the year that's a pretty huge take considering we just cheapened one of the products.. It doesn't account for lost sales, though, or lost loyalty. On a spreadsheet it looks good, though.

Last edited:

raymusiccity

I can confirm what others said about Pepsi and Coke living together in sin at Disney. I have an old wall-size map of WDW's Magic Kingdom from sometime in the 70's, and some restaurants have Coke and others have Pepsi. I would like this. I know it's different in different areas of the country, but here in Central Florida, it seems like Coke has a monopoly on the theme parks and restaurants. Sea World was the last holdout, but eventually they, too, switched to Coke. I like both Coke and Pepsi products, with a slight leaning towards Pepsi (Mountain Dew!), but I would like to see more variety when going to the theme parks.
Coke even took over the local Subways. There was nothing better than a meatball sub with a Mountain Dew! Now I have to have the sub with Coke.

Problem solved:

image.jpeg

Obobru

Seems like people have a bad coke habit. The parks should change all the options to Zero as the onky sugar free fountain option is diet coke last time I visited.

G00fyDad

Seems like people have a bad coke habit. The parks should change all the options to Zero as the onky sugar free fountain option is diet coke last time I visited.

If Pepsi came into the parks they could sponsor the ECV's as most of the people I see using them have a gallon of coke in their fat mitts.

Nice assumption. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom