This is why I hate college!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilt Dasney

In_before_the_lock.jpg

Disneykidder

I think everyone at one point has come across a teacher that has been less than sensitive or a bit biased. I mean, we have had over 100 different teachers between elementary school, MS, HS and especially college or grad work. I think it is a fair assessment to say that at some point we have all encountered such a person.

But again, to make a broad generalization is wrong. I have devoted my life to helping children and making sure that their education comes first. Heck, I even went to 2 days of parent conferences 2 weeks ago right from being in the hospital where I was TOLD to stay home for a week. My job is stressful and very taxing and I don't make the six figure salaries that people think.

I don't know if you would approve of us making such remarks at your profession. Just be kind to others and understand that some take their jobs seriously, that's all.

yankspy

It's a joke. Would all you teacher types please stop being so hyper-sensitive. Sheesh. I'm have a public education so you should cut me some slack. (that is a joke too).

Actually, if more teachers would challange their marxist peers I think you would be suprised by how quickly all those sterotypes you all complain about dissolve away.

Now back to the topic. Walt loved freedom. Marx and Hitler didn't. End of lesson.

PS- To a previous poster/teacher, Einstein and Newton were primarily physicists. Please don't teach your students they were school teachers.
Perhaps. However, you are splitting hairs here. I am quite familar with the lives and careers of both. I will admit that Einstein was not necessarily thrilled with the classroom setting but he enjoyed the general spreading and discovering of new ideas. He did it primarily through papers and discussions with colleagues but it is still teaching in some way.

The same could be said of Newton. He corresponded with many of his colleagues, sharing his observations. (except Leibniz).

BTW, I am not a teacher yet. I have the degrees, I just cant find a job in the field.:)

scarpiapiano

From 1950 - 1964 when Walt was in his hey-day did he have any liberal college professors killed when they were teaching at USC or UCLA (close to the Disney Studios)? Sadly, how many professors were sent to the death camps from unversities in Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt, Vienna etc.

BTW, you might want to ask your professor how Marxists such as Stalin, Castro, Pol Pot, Mao Sei Tung, and currently Hugo Chavez felt or feel about the free exchange of ideas and differing opinions in colleges and universities. :mad:

scarpiapiano

Just an interesting side note on Hitler and Uncle Walt. The Walt Disney Studios along with other movie studios benefited from the dispicable racism of Hitler and his henchman. On April 7, 1933, Germany passed the "Law for the Restoration of the Professional Civil Service" which forbade Jews from employment in State Universities and Orchestras such as the Vienna and Berlin Philharmonics.

During this time many great musicians such as Paul Hindemith and Arnold Schoenberg fled Germany and Austria and held teaching posts at universities throughout the United States. Many other Jewish musicians found employment in American orchestras and the Hollywood studio orchestras of the day. If you listen closely you can hear a huge difference in the orchestral playing from movies made after 1938 and 1939 than the quality of the playing in movies made before that time. Listen to how out of tune the orchestra is in Snow White (1937) vs. Pinocchio (1941) or Bambi (1942). I just thought this trivia might be interesting.

P.S. Fantasia (1941) is really not a fair comparison since it used the Philedelphia Orchestra and not a studio orchestra.

yankspy

I never said they never taught. I said they were primarily physicists and not teachers by any means. Your comprehension ability is lacking. I have read Marx. It is one dark philosophy and if you think otherwise it is a reflection of my first point.

:rolleyes: I feel pity for you. Actual pity.

You are all free to believe what you want and even express such (this isn't Cuba, China or North Korea afterall). Just don't tread on me! :cool:
Most western political philosophy is dark. Plato, Hobbes, Rousseau, Locke, Aristotle, Marx, etc. I would also add the glowing view of humanity that some of America's founders had. Political philosophies are dark because they try and address the proper way to control that flawed but fascinating being known as man. They try and take an honest look at humanity, which is not always pretty.

Figment632,

Sorry if I missed it in the thread, but if you don't mind me asking, what is the title of the class?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom