This could be bad for Disney folks

Glasgow

I'll give you Potter and Spidey...but the Simpson's ride was an incredible let down for me. Queue was fantastic and funny, but the ride was incredibly bland and didn't have the laughs that the rest of the experience.

And Potter isn't even done yet. I'm excited about it(obviously) but I'll hold my judgment until it opens.

I agree that Potterland and the new coaster will be great additions to USF. However, I went back to USF/IOA this year after not having visited since 2000 and was pretty disappointed -- not much had changed in my opinion, so as far as I'm concerned, there is a lot of work to be done just to get where they should be.

People keep jumping up and down wondering when Disney will counter these new developments but I think that USF/IOA are so far behind that they need these new attractions just to get back to being competitive. Again, just my opinion.

SirGoofy

I agree that Potterland and the new coaster will be great additions to USF. However, I went back to USF/IOA this year after not having visited since 2000 and was pretty disappointed -- not much had changed in my opinion, so as far as I'm concerned, there is a lot of work to be done just to get where they should be.

People keep jumping up and down wondering when Disney will counter these new developments but I think that USF/IOA are so far behind that they need these new attractions just to get back to being competitive. Again, just my opinion.

Yup I'll agree wtith hat also. I went 4 times while on my CP, and I found Universal lacking in a lot of areas. Maintenance at some rides was aweful. Half the animatronics on Jurassic Park were down each time I went on it. Also they really need to work on cleanliness. There was always food containers all over. Now, I'm not saying Disney is perfect, but it's bad when my family and friends noticed this before I did.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'll give you Potter and Spidey...but the Simpson's ride was an incredible let down for me. Queue was fantastic and funny, but the ride was incredibly bland and didn't have the laughs that the rest of the experience.

And Potter isn't even done yet. I'm excited about it(obviously) but I'll hold my judgment until it opens.
Really? I was the opposite. No joke, after our first ride I had to ride again straight away since I didn`t catch half the dialogue I was laughing so much.

Regarding Unis upkeep, in their defence I have to say this year they have begun to fix EVERY tiny thing on EVERY attraction. 3rd shift no the most part have been amazing. There are one or two areas yet to join in the fun, but daily CMs are noting every little item that needs attention. Honestly, this summer the parks were a joy. From each and every of The Mummys 13 types of smoke systems to the fire trench in Jaws - effects in both parks were flawless. Kudos to all involved. Disney could learn a thing or 3 from them.

I`ll agree in the 18 years since USF opened and the 9 since IOA did additions havn`t been as forthcoming as they could have been, but neither has the MK in the bigger picture. Twister, Shrek, The Mummy, MIB, Disaster and The Simpsons (the latter 2 overhauls I know) have all been great additions IMHO. IOA needed help, not just from the overhead skyway who`s name I can`t remember finally being able to be run to the current investment. Money (and ownership) hasn`t been easy as we know, but hopefully now with Potterland, RR&R and what`s to follow both parks will finally get the success they deserve. Not that they were quiet in July!

Lee

Adventurer
Really? I was the opposite. No joke, after our first ride I had to ride again straight away since I didn`t catch half the dialogue I was laughing so much.

Gotta disagree with Martin here.
I thought the Simpsons was just awful. Terrible. :hurl:
Word's can't describe how much I disliked that redo. I want the Deloreans back.
And I'm not a Uni basher. Got my annual pass to prove I like it over there. But, wow........huge step backwards, in my not-so-humble opinion.:cool:

Silvermist

Firstly, I am a huge Disney fan - the movies, the characters, the parks and now the cruise line. :kiss:

But, we've always ALWAYS visited other parks when we've visited Florida.

I'm looking forward to Universal's new additions as it's been great to see how each park has evolved over the years. I don't understand why some people disrespect either USF or WDW and then follow up their comments by saying they've never set foot in whichever park they are putting down. :shrug: I don't compare USF and WDW - they are completely different experiences with their own unique features and thrills. :)

Agree! We don't come from anywhere near the distance you do, but we ALWAYS include 2 days at USF & IOA on every trip.

I love Disney through and through. There is a heart at Disney that is not present at USF and when leaving WDW and entering the parks there, we feel the difference. But we continue to go because they are still very good parks with a lot to offer. What they lack in heart, they manage to compensate for in some really fun and impressive rides.

If I had to choose, I would always choose WDW first. But I have to say when we went in 2005, I was for the first time, a little disappointed in WDW in some ways. Maintenance was poor and it showed. I almost cried when we entered and rode one of my most beloved rides, SSE. The shabby ride load area, the jerky, squeaky, loud ride system, audio that cut out repeatedly, etc. etc. Over and over we noticed repairs that needed to be made throughout the parks and on the rides themselves and many things were looking dated and worn. Part of that has apparently been corrected and I hope on our trip next summer the difference will be clearly noticible.

Disney can't afford to rest on it's laurels. They have to continue to be known for setting the bar on quality, innovation and exceeding customer expectations. They have to continue to capture the hearts of their guests, while staying one step ahead on technology and originality.

Just my opinion.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Gotta disagree with Martin here.
I thought the Simpsons was just awful. Terrible. :hurl:
Word's can't describe how much I disliked that redo. I want the Deloreans back.
And I'm not a Uni basher. Got my annual pass to prove I like it over there. But, wow........huge step backwards, in my not-so-humble opinion.:cool:
In that case we won`t ride the Omnimax together when Michelle and I next take a trip west.

I`ll take you up on that walkthrough you once mentioned though.... ;) :D

imagineer boy

While the ride looks thrilling, its not up to disney standards. Its just a roller coaster with a rock and roll theme. No story, no themeing, nothing.:shrug:

Besides, Disney has rockin rollercoaster. Which is similar but acutally has story and themeing.

fosse76

No they don't.

Yes, attendance does increase for any theme/amusement park that adds a roller coaster (well, a non-kiddy coaster that is). Both Six Flags Great America AND Six Flags Great Adventure saw increases in attendance this year thanks to the addition of rollercoasters (and they aren't even good coasters). It is extremely rare for a theme park to see no increase in attendance after a large addition. Last year Bush Gardens in Virginia added a coaster and saw attendance increase 12%. Having worked at Six Flags, we were privy to attendance figures. Each time a park added a coaster management was boasting about the increase in attendance...so don't tell me parks don't receive an increase in visitors. If people are lining up for the lameness of the new disasters, I mean rollercoasters, at Great Adventure and Great America, they'll ride anything!

Oriolesmagic

Original Poster
Don't get me wrong here, I love Uni also! And btw I saw someone say earlier that Uni was mainly purposed on on getting customers to come for a day while they are not at Disney...ok I'd like you to name one park that goes by thoses words.:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom