Third parking garage coming to Disney Springs

Monorail_Red_77

It’s really weird to drive by this garage. The section at the top, near Buena Vista Dr is being supported by massive steel poles propped up to stabilize the garage section. Not sure why this section wasn’t finished with the rest. Maybe it’s where the cranes were placed? You can barely see them here. They look like toothpicks leaning against the garage. This was back in late July timeframe.

96367463-58E8-4D6E-8089-4781272A318C.jpeg

8440917D-5519-45AF-B994-E0EBE6A2A367.jpeg

peter11435

It’s really weird to drive by this garage. The section at the top, near Buena Vista Dr is being supported by massive steel poles propped up to stabilize the garage section. Not sure why this section wasn’t finished with the rest. Maybe it’s where the cranes were placed? You can barely see them here. They look like toothpicks leaning against the garage. This was back in late July timeframe.

View attachment 306530

View attachment 306531
This is a pretty standard method of construction.

Monorail_Red_77

This is a pretty standard method of construction.
Yes I understand it is standard construction methods. Similar to what’s used with tilt up construction. But just commenting that it’s weird that they built the garage in such a way that it looks like there’s a hole in it. I know it’s standard, doesn’t mean it still doesn’t look weird.

Monorail_Red_77

I think I have finally figured it out. This is where they are going to put the larger than life Bob Iger Statue (Shrine). Either that or his Money Bin..... That's why they still have the crane there. Those bonuses are heavy you know... LOL

1535480781332.png

mm121

I think I have finally figured it out. This is where they are going to put the larger than life Bob Iger Statue (Shrine). Either that or his Money Bin..... That's why they still have the crane there. Those bonuses are heavy you know... LOL

View attachment 306794
Leaving a hole like that is so weird, seems like they are making it unnecessarily complex by building outward in instead of from the inward out.

mm121

Is the ground level of this garage taller than the rest of the levels like in the other two?
Or is the first level the same heightas the upper levels?
Can't really tell from the pics

Disstevefan1

Things aren't totally rosy. Come back in 9 months.

I miss Downtown Disney and especially Paradise Island I also miss Disney Quest.

I am surprised the Disney Mall, err, I mean, Disney Springs is doing as well as it is. If you were to put a mall anyplace, this would be the place! Folks who cant afford to go to a Disney Park, or have used up their Disney tickets can go to Disney Springs for a little bit of Disney.

One thing we can agree on about Disney Springs, its tenants come and go, but in any case, Disney always wins as Disney is the landlord and Disney always collects the rent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom