Third parking garage coming to Disney Springs

DisneyFreak

If we are going to go with citrus fruit, the 12 year old in me would like to suggest "kumquat".:p

My head says Tangerine, my heart says Buddha's Hand.

1539867026335.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Thats a lot of steps up! Thought they were gonna do an escalator. Guess not..
It will be similar to the one near Void

The one in Marketplace has an elevator and no escalator, yes, but, it doesn't get crowds, like a walkway to a garage will get on busy weekend nights. So, I'm surprised there's no escalator, unless those two cut-outs will become escalator portals.

mm121

Thats a lot of steps up! Thought they were gonna do an escalator. Guess not..
Agreed an escalator would have been appropriate for this bridge since it goes to a garage versus the other bridges that aren't used as much leading to cast parking and thge hotels.

mm121

I think one of the goals of this garage is to open up more parking in the existing garages by forcing Cast that currently use orange and lime to now use lemon.
True, which is probably the prime motivation for installing the license plate camera system

To make it easy to track and punish employees that park in the wrong place

Jon81uk

Agreed an escalator would have been appropriate for this bridge since it goes to a garage versus the other bridges that aren't used as much leading to cast parking and thge hotels.

I've read that this garage is expected to be mainly for cast and staff parking. Therefore the bridge is likely to be busy at shift start times and then quieter the rest of the day so probably not worth spending on escalators that won't get busy enough to be needed.

True, which is probably the prime motivation for installing the license plate camera system

To make it easy to track and punish employees that park in the wrong place

Don't forget the majority of employees at Disney Springs are not employed by Disney.

mm121

I've read that this garage is expected to be mainly for cast and staff parking. Therefore the bridge is likely to be busy at shift start times and then quieter the rest of the day so probably not worth spending on escalators that won't get busy enough to be needed.

Don't forget the majority of employees at Disney Springs are not employed by Disney.
I know most aren't employees of Disney. Doesn't mean they can't be ticketed. My sister works at a big mall in South Florida and the mall security cars have plate readers on them and if they catch you in the wrong place they threaten a fine and if you do it to much they threaten to notify your employer.

GAVB

I know most aren't employees of Disney. Doesn't mean they can't be ticketed. My sister works at a big mall in South Florida and the mall security cars have plate readers on them and if they catch you in the wrong place they threaten a fine and if you do it to much they threaten to notify your employer.
Should anyone be punished with garages paid for with public bonds?

WDW Monorail

Nothing good will come of this.
  • It will be used to track how many guests are parking at D'S to go to the parks by how long cars stay there or how many consecutive days
  • It will be used to track employee license plates to punish those who park in lime and orange instead of the new garage.

You just named two good reasons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom