Third parking garage coming to Disney Springs

mm121

While I'm sure a 4th garage is still a ways off, if they built it just south of the new 3rd garage the two could be connected together (The green line) to enable good pedestrian access so employees for the West side could access the more southern existing pedestrian bridge

Also the 4th garage could have a direct connection to the i-4 ramp

Screenshot_20180922-200128.jpg

Creathir

Just looking at the most recent aerials, what are the chances a second pedestrian bridge is being added at the southern portion of the garage?

It appears there is dirt being turned on the median and just south of the Lime garage.

mm121

Just looking at the most recent aerials, what are the chances a second pedestrian bridge is being added at the southern portion of the garage?

It appears there is dirt being turned on the median and just south of the Lime garage.

I'd guess its for left turn lanes into the garage, as none of the existing pedestrian bridges have center supports

mm121

Is it weird that I really enjoy and appreciate the pedestrian bridges? I like walking to dhs from the hotels on hotel plaza blvd.
No not weird, its good they included this important upgrade especially with all the increased traffic and the new ULTRA wide roads.

It was pretty dangerous crossing especially at night during alot of the constriction of D'S and even before then on busy days at DTD

winstongator

No not weird, its good they included this important upgrade especially with all the increased traffic and the new ULTRA wide roads.

It was pretty dangerous crossing especially at night during alot of the constriction of D'S and even before then on busy days at DTD
We went to DTD one summer day in 2015 and it was miserable. Nowhere to park, not much open. I said, 'I'm never going back there'. My never doesn't mean anything, so we get back there at some point and I'm like, 'I actually like this place.' A lot of it was just the logistics being so smooth.

It's also a reason why the skyliner is encouraging to me. I have this dream of a carless disney world. I know that will never happen, but getting people walking and using dedicated transit helps in many ways.

Slowjack

I have this dream of a carless disney world. I know that will never happen, but getting people walking and using dedicated transit helps in many ways.
Well, the original plan was to park once at the TTC and then use Disney transport from there out.

Also, though, I don't think anyone can argue that a trip to WDW doesn't involve enough walking.
:)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The site which cannot be named is reporting that a permit was filed for a $2.37 million project to do licenses plate scanning in the Disney Springs garages. No indication of what the purpose would be, but there are a lot of possibilities, some good, some not so much. I am not sure where this permit was filed since I have been unable to find it through my normal sources.

Rteetz

The site which cannot be named is reporting that a permit was filed for a $2.37 million project to do licenses plate scanning in the Disney Springs garages. No indication of what the purpose would be, but there are a lot of possibilities, some good, some not so much. I am not sure where this permit was filed since I have been unable to find it through my normal sources.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/disney-springs-garages-will-get-new-parking-technology-system/

mm121

Nothing good will come of this.
  • It will be used to track how many guests are parking at D'S to go to the parks by how long cars stay there or how many consecutive days
  • It will be used to track employee license plates to punish those who park in lime and orange instead of the new garage.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The license plate scanning has already been in use, with the data going to law enforcement.

ThatMouse

Here is one of the new parking features from Indect:

PREMIUM PARKING AREAS CAN BE CREATED IN THE PARKING GARAGE USING THE UPSOLUT SYSTEM.

There is no need for extra equipment, such as gates and ticket machines, in the Premium Parking areas. This is enabled through an interface to your revenue control system.

When your customer pays for their parking at the payment machines, the revenue control system asks INDECT where the car is parked. INDECT sends this information to the revenue control system. If the customer is parked in the premium area, the revenue control system applies the higher rate to the ticket. Maximize your revenue and provide a tailored parking solution to your customers.

The INDECT system can also signal the current occupancy to the PARCS to enable demand based parking rates. As the garage fills the rates increase. INDECT sends a signal to the PARCS as each occupancy step is reached. This can dramatically increase revenue.

This interface is also used to allow customers to see the location of their car when they insert their ticket into the payment machines. INDECT will send the vehicle location to the PARCS allowing the information to be displayed in the screen or to be printed on the ticket.

These abilities are dependent on the PARCS system being able to display this information or change rates based on vehicle location. Please consult your PARCS supplier for details.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom