Things you don't get

marksniles

Fallen Angel said:
1 - Illuminations - it's not that great

Let the flames begin
Illuminations not that great! It's the best show that WDW has to offer. Now compared to all of the fireworks show I'd have to say Disneyland's current show is the best but for WDW Illuminations ROCKS!

ilovepluto23

disney.co.nr said:
Some people dont agree with a lot of their beliefes, such as gay days, where disney either could please the homosexual community or the religious community and they chose the larger gay community. or another example is labor issues in this and other countries. You have to look at it from a buisness stand point, which would be a bigger loss, the boycott from gay or religious people, and disney saw that the gay community was spending more cash then the religious group therefore that was a no brainer... but I wouldnt go as far as calling them EVIL... thats too harsh.

I'm not trying to affend anyone who is homosexual, just for the record.

I've heard many people tell me they've called to make reservations but then found out it was "gay week" (first week of June). Then, when they found out and they went to cancel...the Disney person on the other line always gave them really good deals on their room.

I've also heard a rumor that Disney wishes it could get rid of "gay week" b/c so many people are turned off by it and cancel. Not just religious people. Dunno if it's true.

will_rogers

The hat at D/MGM is where it is at b/c of an issue with photo rights of the chinese theatre. Disney/Kodak would be unable to sell /take pics in the front of the park so they needed something to block it while having SOME SORT OF rhyme/reason, etc. IT's kinda tacky but it makes sense as opposed to stopping photogrpahy in the front of the park or re-doing the theatre.

North and Central Florida water sucks.

IllumiNations: RoE is the best pyrotechnic show at WDW. A few years back I read a stat that it was the most popular, expensive and technologically advanced fireworks/pyro/light show on Earth.

To keep to the theme of this post:

I don't get that stupid mirror or why they butchered the TDR Cinderellabration show and put in MK. Everytime I have to see it I want to slit my wrists.

I also don't get why people come down here after saving and anticipating for years just to complain about every little thing. Maybe they'd enjoy themselves more (and quit ruining it for others) if they'd just let things go and try to enjoy their time.

Life is too shaort to be p!ssed of at everything. You live once. And 6 feet over is way better than 6 feet under.

CARS was AMAZING!!!!

disney.co.nr

ilovepluto23 said:
I'm not trying to affend anyone who is homosexual, just for the record.

I've heard many people tell me they've called to make reservations but then found out it was "gay week" (first week of June). Then, when they found out and they went to cancel...the Disney person on the other line always gave them really good deals on their room.

I've also heard a rumor that Disney wishes it could get rid of "gay week" b/c so many people are turned off by it and cancel. Not just religious people. Dunno if it's true.

you are absolutely right disney doesnt like gay week at all, however if they banned gay week, they could be facing a potential boycott from the gay community, that is not something that disney is willing to risk, weather or not they like it.

disney.co.nr said:
you are absolutely right disney doesnt like gay week at all, however if they banned gay week, they could be facing a potential boycott from the gay community, that is not something that disney is willing to risk, weather or not they like it.
Also throw in the fact that a sizable portion of their Cast Members are gay. Wouldn't be smart on Disney's part. (Hey that rhymed, Yay me LOL)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
People who slag Universal but have never been.

Why the speedway continues to use stinky noisy cars.

People who wear vests but no deoderant

baseball

getting excited about somebody dressed as a cartoon character

why people say AK is a half day park

stuck up bee aches who look down their noses at FW guests

why their is no decent Itallian food anywhere at WDW

why some people preffer Coke to Pepsi

how some people can get so confused by a simple system like fast pass.

why time at WDW seems to go at three times the pace of time spent anywhere else.

ilovepluto23

disney.co.nr said:

Yeah, I figured that much. The gay community would be seriously ed off.

Pongo

1. Peter Pan's Flight. I mean, I understand it. What I don't understand is why it is so well loved and always has such a long line. I can understand the nostalgia factor, but otherwise, it just seems to me to be a short ride through some crummy sets.

2. Honey I Shrunk the Audience. I'm not even sure I know what happened on that. It was just weird.

3. Mickey's Philharmagic. It's a good show, but I don't go raving about it. Maybe it's just because 3-D shows aren't my thing. They make my eyes hurt.

4. Star Tours. Again, why is everyone going crazy about this one? The ride system is SO LOUD and makes the most AWFUL creaking and squealing noise I have ever heard. I thought my ears were going to bleed. Wild Arctic at Sea World is much better.

5. Why people go to AK but don't walk the animal trails... :veryconfu

gatordoc

Pumbas Nakasak said:
why their is no decent Itallian food anywhere at WDW.

Have you been to Palio? Not the greatest Italian food in the world, but certainly decent (as are some of the selections at Portobello). Agree that the in-park Italian offerings are pretty poor, though...

Rora

why time at WDW seems to go at three times the pace of time spent anywhere else.[/quote]

amen to that! it's like you blink and the day is already over.

Things I don't get:

-People who let small children push strollers.

-when parents force their small children to watch the fireworks even though they are clearly terrified of them. I'm not even a parent and that really bothers me.

-People, like my sister, who when I tell them I'm going DW say, "I've had enough of Disney". And then proceed to go themselves every year. Must be jealousy.

Dragonrider1227

I don't get;

1. Country Bears. Never have
2. Why people want something like the old Imagination back but think the wand on Spaceship earth is "Disneyfying" EPCOT
3. people that don't understand Fastpass. IT'S A GODS SEND!
4. I never disliked the idea of SpaceShip Earth but have never been compelled to ride it. I've been there twice and never really considered going on it.
5. The long lines on Peter Pan's flight. I love ther ride but WOW!
I know there are others but can't think of them right now.

CThaddeus

Dragonrider1227 said:
I don't get;

1. Country Bears. Never have
2. Why people want something like the old Imagination back but think the wand on Spaceship earth is "Disneyfying" EPCOT
3. people that don't understand Fastpass. IT'S A GODS SEND!
4. I never disliked the idea of SpaceShip Earth but have never been compelled to ride it. I've been there twice and never really considered going on it.
5. The long lines on Peter Pan's flight. I love ther ride but WOW!
I know there are others but can't think of them right now.

Yikes. I know those are just your opinions, but I have to say that there is a MAJOR difference between the wand and the original Journey Into Imagination. The wand is a cheap, tacky marketing tool that was tolerable for one year (it was a novelty for 2000). Now it has no function except to remind those who are too ignorant to know where they are that they are in "Epcot." It defaces the elegant-looking Spaceship Earth, which, by the way, is an excellent attraction and, unlike much of what is left in Future World, truly embodies the original spirit of EPCOT.
Journey Into Imagination, though not futuristic, inspired people to use their imagination to conceive ideas that might better our future. It used two characters who helped symbolize EPCOT's spirit - Figment AND The Dreamfinder. It was not all just funhouse nonsense like the most recent versions have been. I came out of the original feeling exhilarated and inspired. I come out of the most recent versions feeling like I visited an above-average carnival ride.
Personally, I feel they can "Disneyfy" EPCOT as much as they want. "Circle of Life," for example, is an excellent attraction...and I think the Living Seas will be a much less dry place - no pun intended - with Nemo and Friends. I just think they need to make sure they maintain the edu-tainment that made it so special to me when I first visited.

Dragonrider1227

CThaddeus said:
Yikes. I know those are just your opinions, but I have to say that there is a MAJOR difference between the wand and the original Journey Into Imagination. The wand is a cheap, tacky marketing tool that was tolerable for one year (it was a novelty for 2000). Now it has no function except to remind those who are too ignorant to know where they are that they are in "Epcot." It defaces the elegant-looking Spaceship Earth, which, by the way, is an excellent attraction and, unlike much of what is left in Future World, truly embodies the original spirit of EPCOT.
Journey Into Imagination, though not futuristic, inspired people to use their imagination to conceive ideas that might better our future. It used two characters who helped symbolize EPCOT's spirit - Figment AND The Dreamfinder. It was not all just funhouse nonsense like the most recent versions have been. I came out of the original feeling exhilarated and inspired. I come out of the most recent versions feeling like I visited an above-average carnival ride.
Personally, I feel they can "Disneyfy" EPCOT as much as they want. "Circle of Life," for example, is an excellent attraction...and I think the Living Seas will be a much less dry place - no pun intended - with Nemo and Friends. I just think they need to make sure they maintain the edu-tainment that made it so special to me when I first visited.
In a way, I agree. I feel though, in keeping with EPCOT's theme, the original Journey ride didn't really fit though you're right. The old ride did inspire my imagination. I was in a bad mood when I wrote that so excuse me for being a little harsh. Sorry. And I didn't feel like I came out of a carnival ride. Carnival rides are WAAAAAY cheaper than that XD I just thought the new ride in ways kept up with EPCOT's theme of a scientific world of Tomorrow than the old one did

Blue0ctane

Why people say Test Track breaks down a lot. I've been three times and it's never had so much as a fifteen-second delay.

Why people bag on Mission: SPACE. The ride's incredible for a mere motion simulator.

Why people ignore distinct warnings and then end up sueing the park for what happened to them. COME ON! If that little kid's parents and that old lady paid attention to the warnings on M:S, there wouldn't be any controversy over it.

Why the ENTIRE PARK POPULATION starts off with Tomorrowland and goes counter-clockwise around the park. Honestly, I've been able to walk right on Splash Mountain twice in a row at park opening while Space Mountain was half an hour.

Why my father still says "Fast Track" and "Test Pass".

Why Summit Plummet's riders are so incompetent. Wow. It's a water slide with a drop. It shouldn't take you three minutes to let go of the handles and it shouldn't take you three minutes to stand up, walk away from the slide, and THEN adjust the wedgie they recieved. By the way, I never got one on Summit Plummet.

Why people underestimate Teamboat Springs. Best slide at Blizzard Beach, and the line is almost always a walk-on!

shmmrname

I don't really 'get' a couple things... Dinoland USA, non-Disney buses, and more I can't think of. But, those are tiny little tid-bits that are a part of the place I love.

Gucci65

popsicletrees said:
I have a sister who is eight years older than me. I think it was hers when she was little. So yes, it is a hand-me-down.

I went to a record show a few years ago and saw some WDW records that they were selling for around $60.

Made me wanna go dig mine up:wave:

Nut4Disney

I have an old Haunted Mansion story book record from my trip in 1978 when I was 7. On the other sided it has sound effects. I wonder what it's worth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom