They Like What More???

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Aladdinjrstar:

Don't get discouraged by those that feel the need to criticize your posting style, typing skills or spelling. Any web forum has its share of people who try to "correct" others, thinking they're doing them a favour. If you get upset about it and react, they'll just jump all over you more. Ignore them and read the answers to your questions, lots of people have answered your question, so you obviously communicated what you wanted to get across adequately.

Don't give up on WDWMagic just yet, most of us are nice people who like to share information along with our love of Disney.

Thanks! That made my day/night

disneydudette

:ROFLOL:

It's too funny to read these last few posts and notice the thread two spots down:
Cheesy WDW Pickup lines

Something tells me this kid is getting a whole lot more than "AK is better than MGM" from this site

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Hey, aladdinjrstar. Try not to take things personally on any message board.

I know it can be tough, believe me, I've thrown some barbs myself when I got too involved.

Hang in there, and try to laugh along with some of the best Disney fans around! :wave:

slappy magoo

I keep reading there fourms and people say they hate MGM and LOVE AK. I was reading one and they said if Disney got rid of ak they would HAVE to go to mgm. I think MGM is great and fun and AK needs some new Major Atractions. But what do you like more and why?

Hey aladdin...

No offense, and I don't want to feel like so many people are dumping on you, but I have to be honest: Until you asked "But what do you like more and why" I had zero idea what you were talking about. First you say some people hate MGM and love AK, then you say some people say if AK was gone they'd have to go to MGM. Are they the same people? Which forums are you talking about? THe forums here on WDWMagic or forums somewhere else ("I have read on there forums")? If they like AK more than MGM, why would they HAVE to go to MGM if AK were closed? Why wouldn't they go to Epcot or MK? And why bring up Disney getting rid of AK, as the odds of that happening are slim to none? It almost seems like you just wanted to ask "Which park do you like more, MGM or AK, and why" but you felt you needed to write something more...

I can understand getting defensive when you just ask a question and get criticized instead, but it does address a valid point: If you're trying to get a point across, wouldn't you want everyone to understand your point? It doesn't have to have perfect spelling or absolutely perfect grammar. But I know that unless I'm pressed for time, I'll double-check something I've written, even kinda read it out loud, to make sure it's legible.

Look at the bright side; you're still young. You have time to learn how to correct these problems before it becomes a major issue, when you either go to college or you possibly have a career where you need to communicate effectively. It might seem like people are picking on you, but it's really meant to be constructive criticism. Sure, this is just an internet forum, and maybe you don't feel the need to be thoughtful with what you say or how to say it. But on the flip side, it's also a great, anonymous place to learn how to argue and debate and defend an opinion without friends or teachers dumping on you.

Back on topic, I find myself apppreciating AK more than MGM. A nice thing about Fastpass is it allows you to spend time appreciating some of the other attractions you might normally run past, in order to wait on line for the next e-ticket attraction. But those smaller or lesser attractions at MGM seem to be getting old and stale, with the exception of the tribute to Walt Disney himself. The Studios park seems to be fighting over an identity (and why not? It's currently trying to settle on a name! :D ) But at Animal Kingdom, you have the beauty of the animals themselves, to educate and enlighten as well as entertain. I personally have no problem with two animal walk-through exhibits, and find them more enjoyable than the Lion King/Pocahontas/defunct Tarzan shows. Both parks need more added on to be full-day parks,,but IMHO, AK is closer to that goal at the moment. But I'd certainly hope the additions will be thoughtful and well-integrated, nothing as slapdash as tearing down some trees and throwing up a big ride.

Dwarful

Hmm...I love MGM at the Holidays. With the constant improvements to AK they are making it more than a half day park on busy days. Still, we can easily go in early, tour the park and have time for a swim before dinner. In the summer I just can't stand to be in the park during the heat of the day, get in early, get it done and get out is my motto. But we certainly could do two mornings in the park. It isn't my favorite, nor is it my girls favorite, I'd still place AK 4th on our must do list.

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
Original Poster
With a lot of help:D I was able to edit the original post. Please check it out. ANd i posted it and i understood it so thats why i posted it

With a lot of help:D I was able to edit the original post. Please check it out. ANd i posted it and i understood it so thats why i posted it

WOW, that actually made a world of difference! Let me offer you a piece of advice! Try typing your post in Microsoft Word, and run spell check. That will correct all the spelling issues and most of all point out the grammar issues.

This is just some friendly advice, as I(And I am not alone) don't want to see you discouraged to post here. You have brought some good points and discussions to the boards.

People here will be mean and negative, but the majority are very nice.

Thats my 2 cents! :cool:

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
Original Poster
WOW, that actually made a world of difference! Let me offer you a piece of advice! Try typing your post in Microsoft Word, and run spell check. That will correct all the spelling issues and most of all point out the grammar issues.

This is just some friendly advice, as I(And I am not alone) don't want to see you discouraged to post here. You have brought some good points and discussions to the boards.

People here will be mean and negative, but the majority are very nice.

Thats my 2 cents! :cool:

Please never say 2 cents JK. I said that to this girl and she strated making fun of me and calling me old fashioned and stuff. Then she started getting in to other stuff but i said Just becasue you say ONE thing thats old fashioned does not mean YOU are old fashioned or like, Just becasue you are a cheerleader does not mean you are a prep.

ThinkTink721

Aladdinjrstar:

Don't get discouraged by those that feel the need to criticize your posting style, typing skills or spelling. Any web forum has its share of people who try to "correct" others, thinking they're doing them a favour. If you get upset about it and react, they'll just jump all over you more. Ignore them and read the answers to your questions, lots of people have answered your question, so you obviously communicated what you wanted to get across adequately.

Don't give up on WDWMagic just yet, most of us are nice people who like to share information along with our love of Disney.
I agree!!!:D
:wave:

Wilt Dasney

Please never say 2 cents JK. I said that to this girl and she strated making fun of me and calling me old fashioned and stuff. Then she started getting in to other stuff but i said Just becasue you say ONE thing thats old fashioned does not mean YOU are old fashioned or like, Just becasue you are a cheerleader does not mean you are a prep.

Hang in there. That world doesn't last forever. ;)

Make it past your middle/high school days, and you'll find plenty of people who appreciate outdated phrases and fun turns of the language. :D

Love_RnR

Is this just an act?

Is all this aladdinjrstar stuff just an act?

It's kind of Mr. Pickles style... just say things and do things to draw people offsides, then sit back and laugh.

TwoTigersMom

Is all this aladdinjrstar stuff just an act?

It's kind of Mr. Pickles style... just say things and do things to draw people offsides, then sit back and laugh.

I don't see that at all. If you remember, Mr. Pickles posted in 3rd person. He implied and sometimes even said that the person typing wasn't actually "Mr. Pickles" he was just typing for him. I think Aladdin is just someone young, in high school maybe, who hasn't posted much on boards that are frequented by, mostly, post high school folks. A lot of folks, in the beginning, post IM style or chat room style. Sometimes it just takes someone to point out that this is not the way it's done on a forum. That has been done now and like he said, he has corrected his initial post in the thread. :)

Love_RnR

I don't see that at all. If you remember, Mr. Pickles posted in 3rd person. He implied and sometimes even said that the person typing wasn't actually "Mr. Pickles" he was just typing for him. I think Aladdin is just someone young, in high school maybe, who hasn't posted much on boards that are frequented by, mostly, post high school folks. A lot of folks, in the beginning, post IM style or chat room style. Sometimes it just takes someone to point out that this is not the way it's done on a forum. That has been done now and like he said, he has corrected his initial post in the thread. :)

I wasn't thinking of the third person stuff, just the act of saying things only to provoke a negative response. Just look... mostly I just read and enjoy people's opinions, yet I've responded... so it worked on me too! :(

BTW: If those posts are by a high schooler (who's not just messing with everyone), I'm scared for the future of our country!

TwoTigersMom

I wasn't thinking of the third person stuff, just the act of saying things only to provoke a negative response. Just look... mostly I just read and enjoy people's opinions, yet I've responded... so it worked on me too! :(

BTW: If those posts are by a high schooler (who's not just messing with everyone), I'm scared for the future of our country!

Then you should be afraid, be very afraid :lol: Go poke your head in VMK :lol: It's vewwy vewwy skeewwy in there. :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom