TheNo Distractions, Never say Never and let's eat a garbage can while we are at it Sept 2012 TR

Alison1975

Original Poster
Saturday (9/15/12) morning we got up early.. I had done online check in for The Boardwalk and told them I'd be there by 8am..and I meant it! I was so hoping our room would be ready. we grabbed the few things we had in the room at DoubleTree and headed out. It was an easy drive and before too long I got to see this:
001_zps7ec9f692.jpg
If anyone else was driving by at the same time they saw a 37 year old in the front seat of a mini van squealing and bouncing with delight..yeah..that was me.. and I don't care who saw me..I was happy to be back in my Happy Place officially!

The grounds at The Boardwalk are amazing.. we parked and headed in..we on;y had 2 bags so no need for bell services.
002_zpsead8f4b7.jpg

Our room was ready.. score! The nice lady checking us in was even surprised..it was 8:03am! she gave us the map and sent us on our way.. um.. we got more than a little lost and ended up on the actual boardwalk:
003_zps6fad07aa.jpg

I was a tad frustrated..lol..we ended up asking th CM at the food kiosk that sells the pretzels and soon we were in the right area lol. once we were in the right area we still couldnt find our room.. the little signs were not listing it... asked a CM and bam.. there we are ( BTW the front desk lady should not have said to go outside to get to the building.. going thru the building was easier and we wouldnt have gotten turned around.
We had a ground floor room!
004_zpsdca88846.jpg

Ziah was VERY impressed:
005_zpsb7f67b7d.jpg

006_zps31674e47.jpg

008_zps7195c011.jpg

009_zps7cb7b27a.jpg

010_zpsfb79b2f6.jpg

that couch folds down to a nice twin bed.. Declan loved it!
011_zps01c4e690.jpg

Loved the rug in the hall!
012_zps5c0f46f4.jpg

We settled in the few items we had and went and grabbed a snack then...
up Next.. Exploring we shall go!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Yeah! Its begun! So excited! The Boardwalk rooms remind me of GF and YC. Love the carpet though!! DH and I have decided that we are spoiled for life and only Deluxes from now on! HA! :) How did you like the BW overall? Would you go back? Probably too many questions and you will answer those later but i'm so darn excited to live your trip now!! :)

Alison1975

Original Poster
Yeah! Its begun! So excited! The Boardwalk rooms remind me of GF and YC. Love the carpet though!! DH and I have decided that we are spoiled for life and only Deluxes from now on! HA! :) How did you like the BW overall? Would you go back? Probably too many questions and you will answer those later but i'm so darn excited to live your trip now!! :)

hee hee.. I loved the BoardwalkB BUT..well I'll get in to that later..LOL I would like to try each resort for a day or two but there are a few factors that will probably stop us.. I will get into that more later.

Englebabies

My two years olds name is Zander. We debated spelling it with an X. Congrates on the grandbaby soon you will be spoiling him and taking him to the world. LOL.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I totally completely forgot to post this! So that Friday...while we were at Downtown Disney Noah and Piff had their Ultrasound and my gran baby is a BOY!! Alexander Deric ( Xander for short)..so of course I had to head right to World of Disney and buy this:

408404_10151103313311655_388240664_n.jpg

What!?!? I missed this news flash! Was that the news that could change the trip? I'm assuming so! Congrats!

rufio

Ugh! I hate waiting for trip reports to be written!!! ;) Loving yours so far! I can't wait for the rest! :D

bethymouse

Love the pics Allison! Keep em comin.:)
Quick question- how do I post pics? I'm having trouble, and can't seem to figure it out. :( Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom