TheNo Distractions, Never say Never and let's eat a garbage can while we are at it Sept 2012 TR

JIMINYCR

Welcome back. Waiting patiently to see some great photo shots. Can't wait to hear about how the costumes went over and CM comments about them!

harveyt0206

Well, since you are the first family I've ever heard of eating a garbage can at Disney, you bet! I have to know how that came to be. :)

Alison1975

Original Poster
Ok before I get going if you want to know more about who I am or who the cast is you can read the PTR here.

So let's get going!!

Details: Vacation is from Sept 13-Oct1 ( yep I am still not home). We would be at The Boardwalk Inn Sept 15th and 16 and POFQ Sept 17-27. We were due to arrive in the Orlando Area on Sept 14th but had not made any reservations because that's just how we roll!

Ok ready??

Alison1975

Original Poster
Day 1.. we are outta here!

So originally we planned to leave on Sunday the 16th..but between the room only discount I got at the Boardwalk and our desire to just LEAVE we ended up heading out on Sept 13th.The few days before we had major drama and it was iffy if we were even going to be heading down on time!

For this leg of the trip it was just Eric, Myself and the 3 littles. Now mind you..we drive.. its about 21 hours driving time..oh and I do NOT drive on the highway.. and I am the worlds worst passenger. So before the trip I bought a big bottle of Fireball Whisky and filled a flask..yep.. I did. It was def a huge help! So when you see me refer to Fireball.. you are now in the know!

7am on Sept 13th Noah went off to work.. 8am we finished showering and loading the kids up:

001-001.jpg

003.jpg

We had a really easy drive..well for Eric..me.. the first 3 hours of the drive resulted in about 6 shots of Whisky..don't judge ( LMAO)..
004.jpg

005.jpg

This bridge alone was a 2 shot deal..

006.jpg

7 hours in and the kids are still troopers..I swear they complain more in the 5 mile drive to Walmart than they do on the 1250 mile drive to Disney!
008.jpg

010.jpg

Potty stop and we decided to let them play tag for about 20 minutes in the dark..
012.jpg

011.jpg

We loaded em back up and headed on down the road..

Up next..rest of the drive and we hit Orlando!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Day 2.. we arrive!!

after 23 hours in ( and out) of the car we were close..
001_zpsafab813f.jpg

after horrific traffic getting past Orlando we arrived in the Downtown Disney area.We had no reservations anywhere...
002_zps1a35e576.jpg

We decided to try one of the 7 Downtown area resorts.. Doubletree Suites.. The kids and I stayed in the car and I sent Eric in to see if they had a room for us..mind you it was like 8am..lol.. they DID! It was $89 for a one bedroom suite.. and it was ready..score! Bonus they give ya warm cookies when you check in too!
003_zps535d9d3b.jpg

004_zps29f5c800.jpg

we got settled then walked to Downtown and had Earl of Sandwich.. I forgot the camera this day...we walked around then came back and napped..
005_zpse4ddc2bb.jpg

We took the kids swimming, where I had the worst Rum n Coke ever..yuck, walked back to DTD..came in and crashed...Mind you we had to avoid the hard sell on timeshare guy every time we went into the lobby..but we managed to!Plan was to be up and out of the room by 7:30 and head off to The Boardwalk!!

Up Next..We go Deluxe!

Englebabies

Took me two days to go through your ponchos ponchos trip report. I just finished your Pre Trip Report. Now I am just waiting for you to get on with this one LOL. You really know how to keep us in suspense. I hope to see more of the mousekeeping pictures they are so cute.

Alison1975

Original Poster
Took me two days to go through your ponchos ponchos trip report. I just finished your Pre Trip Report. Now I am just waiting for you to get on with this one LOL. You really know how to keep us in suspense. I hope to see more of the mousekeeping pictures they are so cute.

hee hee..I swear if I was home I'd be on day 5 by now..my friends internet is sooo slow it takes forever to upload pictures!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom