TheNo Distractions, Never say Never and let's eat a garbage can while we are at it Sept 2012 TR

Alison1975

Original Poster
Love the pics Allison! Keep em comin.:)
Quick question- how do I post pics? I'm having trouble, and can't seem to figure it out. :( Thanks.

I upload all mine to an offsite server then u grab the url and click the tree up there and paste the url in it :)

luv

Your kids are cute. I'm waiting to see if the older girl wore that Funky Night Princess costume to MNSSHP. I hope you didn't hit a rainy MNSSHP. It has rained for many of them, lol.

Alison1975

Original Poster
Your kids are cute. I'm waiting to see if the older girl wore that Funky Night Princess costume to MNSSHP. I hope you didn't hit a rainy MNSSHP. It has rained for many of them, lol.

thank-u! MNSSHP was towards the end of the trip..

Alison1975

Original Poster
A big part of why we added 3 NO park days to our trip was to explore. So much time is spent running from attraction to attraction that we don't get to see much else. So after we settled in at The Boardwalk we headed to the bus stop and grabbed a bus to MK.

303159_10151104077126655_1037026958_n.jpg

We arrived at MK and let's just say walking PAST the entrance was mighty hard.. but I managed. All Taejan wanted was to see a geyser and since we don't have many in Western Mass we knew Disney could help us out!We got in line for the boat to Wilderness Lodge. Of course pin trading happened while we waited.

Bye bye MK:
014_zps642da814.jpg

Hello Wilderness Lodge!
015_zps1e599da5.jpg

Hello geyser
016_zps4737a801.jpg

Not realizing it only goes off once an hour ( my bad totally) we decided to look around a bit first.
017_zpsb279bdcb.jpg

We did some more pin trading, explored the lobby and store and then we had a yummy snack:
018_zps9fed0192.jpg

"Mom..these cupcakes are really good"
019_zpsf12eff2d.jpg

we finally made our way back to the geyser to find out we missed it..and it was going to be 50 minutes until it went off again..sorry Taej...mama messed up!
We hopped on the boat back to MK..at this point it started raining..not much..but ya know.. we got a little wet..such is life in Disney in Sept:
020_zpsd0bf7016.jpg

021_zpsa603680d.jpg

oh please note the socks and crocs..dont judge my fashion backwards youngest son.. the crocs rubbed on his foot and this was his solution..lol

022_zpsb6348183.jpg

023_zpscfd270b1.jpg

humm...where shall we go next?

Up next.. Exploring part 2!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Forgot to add that while at the bus stop to MK that morning we saw 3 scooter accidents..yep.. 1 guy took his wife out , one nearly flipped the scooter going up the ramp to the bus and another person ( 2 of them from the same group of 7 that seemed to be sharing 3 scooters) almost rolled off the curb. I have no issues with scooters..but um..practice a little people. The group with 3 scooters was less than pleased when they were told the bus could only handle 2 at a time. I honestly felt bad for them.. the amount of time it was going to take them to go anywhere must have been crazy!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Once we were back at Magic Kingdom we hopped a bus for Art of Animation. I have been wanted to see this resort so badly. Be warned..I took a LOT of pictures and I intend to post each one :)

the themeing is amazing.. I love the bright, in your face stuff!
024_zpse31bdaf1.jpg

Of course there was pin trading.. see that cross bag Declan now has? Got that at Wilderness lodge.. it was a lifesaver for my pin obsessed son! 1000 times better than a lanyard!!

025_zpscfacba88.jpg

Ok here we go.. the resort We walked around the entire place.. I am in love..I seriously wish the suites were not so expensive..

026_zps01248db5.jpg

027_zpsac0c10f7.jpg

028_zps90f37c09.jpg

029_zps52ac51fd.jpg

Disney did not miss a trick here..
030_zpsb551757f.jpg

031_zpsc31bb102.jpg

032_zpsbeabeb97.jpg

033_zpsf9be4b19.jpg

034_zps417c396b.jpg

035_zps2941caf9.jpg

Even the pools were great..honestly except for not having a waterslide they kick butt!
036_zpse47d7a17.jpg

037_zps743e5ea6.jpg

038_zps8e7b2683.jpg

039_zpsbaf9c285.jpg

040_zpsdbb85bc9.jpg

Up next.. More AoA

Alison1975

Original Poster
After seeing the Cars section we headed off for more.. I really loved this place. I am a big fan of the POP in your face animation style of Pop and now AoA.. I FEEL like I am in Disney.

041_zps5fb6792b.jpg

my kids were not happy ( well the youngest) because I wouldnt let them play. Told them the play area was for AoA guests and we were not! It was actually very busy with people...and I wanted to move along!
042_zps7cf1029a.jpg

043_zpse7dbf830.jpg

Oh Pop.. I miss thee.. last year we looked at AoA from Pop..this year we did the opposite. At this point the plan was to walk across the bridge after we explored..but that would change..darn heat and humidity!
044_zps5866e68a.jpg

045_zps13c1eaba.jpg

046_zpsa4d46eec.jpg

047_zpsc2b022bd.jpg

We were super impressed with the amount of greenage..it was so rich and beautiful!
048_zpsd185bd48.jpg

Ok I let them check this one out..
049_zps0cd2d254.jpg

051_zps965bb93c.jpg

052_zps0e679b8f.jpg

053_zpsd4f2508c.jpg

Up next..AoA part 3

Alison1975

Original Poster
Yep..more AoA pictures..

054_zps1cd674c7.jpg

anyone else think Sonya from Operation Repo and Ursala were seperated at birth?
055_zps618bdfe5.jpg

056_zps6cbaa0d3.jpg

057_zpse2544bd3.jpg

Notice the faces on the boys..they were beat..it was HOT ( and I think it rained a bit more..so steamy too).. we had planned to get a snack here or at Pop..but that wasn't gonna happen!

058_zps6fd22250.jpg

059_zps3e794121.jpg

060_zps728db03c.jpg

So the heat and humidity won..seriously people..it's HOT and it rains and it humid and it can mess ya up.. make sure you don't let it get you down! It def didn't us.. as much as I plan pre-trip..I am mega go with the flow once we are there..so instead of our "plans" we hopped another bus
061_zps3eb4b5c4.jpg

and...

Up next...where are we now?

ExtinctJenn

hee hee he started something too cus everyone waiting to take pics did the same thing..LOL.. he is just THAT kid..lol
Well I can 100% gaurantee you that if I show DS6 that picture, when we are there next year (God willing), he will definitely do the same thing. :D

popcenturylover

Great TR so far!!! Again congrats on grandbaby!!! Ours is also a boy! I went overboard & bought tons of stuff for him! He's due in 2 weeks & 2 days!!! Love ur AOA pictures!!! We stayed in the LMR for 5 nights & stayed at POP for 2 nights!!!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Great TR so far!!! Again congrats on grandbaby!!! Ours is also a boy! I went overboard & bought tons of stuff for him! He's due in 2 weeks & 2 days!!! Love ur AOA pictures!!! We stayed in the LMR for 5 nights & stayed at POP for 2 nights!!!

Sweet..the relationship with our family and the baby's mother's has become very difficult so not sure how much I will see this baby but I am still excited for this new life.

JIMINYCR

Great AoA photos, I'll have to wander over there to see it for myself. So many great places for photo opportunities. Tell your son , he's OK, I'd probably be the one wearing socks with Crocs too.:p ( I'm not too fashion adept either, but I make do with whats comfortable! ) Boy, I'd have a difficult time being so near to MK and not go in. Can't wait to see the MK photos when you cross over the entrance.

meeskamickey

Loving your trip report. I LOVE the pic of your son with his crocs with socks. My DS8 wears his crocs (green as well) with socks whenever he can...even in winter (unless I catch him before hand).

Also, I love the pics of AoA. I am hoping our family will be staying there on our next visit! Can't wait to read more!!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Great AoA photos, I'll have to wander over there to see it for myself. So many great places for photo opportunities. Tell your son , he's OK, I'd probably be the one wearing socks with Crocs too.:p ( I'm not too fashion adept either, but I make do with whats comfortable! ) Boy, I'd have a difficult time being so near to MK and not go in. Can't wait to see the MK photos when you cross over the entrance.

Yep.. it was hard but we didn't have tickets anyway so ..lol.. and yes..he is the type to put comfort first..which is a good thing!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Loving your trip report. I LOVE the pic of your son with his crocs with socks. My DS8 wears his crocs (green as well) with socks whenever he can...even in winter (unless I catch him before hand).

Also, I love the pics of AoA. I am hoping our family will be staying there on our next visit! Can't wait to read more!!

yes but are they those oh so fashionable knee socks?? Mine kills me with his "high socks" and shorts..but hey.. so many other battles to fight..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom