TheNo Distractions, Never say Never and let's eat a garbage can while we are at it Sept 2012 TR

Alison1975

Original Poster
Yeah.. I know how rotten it is when the days drop down and theres only a few left. But we all are begging for more.
Loving the trip report and what great family pictures. Really shows what a great time you and the kids are having.

I'm writing..I promise..LOL..just finished another day. Watching E.T. with my kids so I will get a lot done before we get moving to sports..lol

ExtinctJenn

ARGH ARGH ARGH with parents who don't watch their kids. It's one thing when you're at the park (locally at home in your town) or something but when you're at a pool and/or on vacation, so many reasons to keep a glued eye to your kids. Things like peeing in the bushes would be an example but other things like ohhh I dunno them falling in and drowning or being kidnapped also come to mind. As it is I feel incredibly guilty when I'm texting while grocery shopping with my son. Unfortunately these are the types of people who need something horrible to happen before they'll wake up to the problem with their complacency.

Ok rant done sorry! LOL!!!

Alison1975

Original Poster
ARGH ARGH ARGH with parents who don't watch their kids. It's one thing when you're at the park (locally at home in your town) or something but when you're at a pool and/or on vacation, so many reasons to keep a glued eye to your kids. Things like peeing in the bushes would be an example but other things like ohhh I dunno them falling in and drowning or being kidnapped also come to mind. As it is I feel incredibly guilty when I'm texting while grocery shopping with my son. Unfortunately these are the types of people who need something horrible to happen before they'll wake up to the problem with their complacency.

Ok rant done sorry! LOL!!!

yep..the pee thing was like..ok..but if your kids can do that across the pool from u and u don't know what else can happen? I dont even read when I am at the pool or lake with my kids..no way!

Alison1975

Original Poster
So Sunday we slept in, had breakfast at the food court then hopped a bus to AK..the bus stop was packed..but not with many going to AK..lol
Now it's nearly 10:30 in the morning and here's WHY we don't do many late nights at the parks:
out cold!
001_zps333e7cbe.jpg

002_zpsd7411801.jpg

Up first..of course..was the safari..prolly the only one that wasn't good. Our driver drove too fast and had no personality and it was already way too hot out for the animals..it was lackluster at best..oh well.
004_zps5364f89d.jpg

006_zpsa67ed9ba.jpg

009_zps4daba018.jpg

011_zps16555597.jpg

012_zpsdb3974da.jpg

014_zps04a232f8.jpg

015_zps2b0c4fe0.jpg

016_zpsba4c8ee9.jpg

After the safari we headed in the direction of Asia and ran into ( whom I have never seen before so I was excited!)
020_zps6324b6fc.jpg

021_zps72894fc2.jpg

022_zps17304b8c.jpg

023_zps2408f96d.jpg

Everyone was hungry ( and a few were grumpy!!) so we grabbed some food:
024_zps74f0cfb6.jpg

darn ducks are everywhere!
026_zpse2dd385c.jpg

After we ate my mother and Noah decide they are done..it's hot and they both are kinda grumpy..lol.. Declan jumped on this and asked to go back with them.. sure dude! This was the point in the trip I knew next time we come..it's just us. I've never not taken my mom and I do have some guilt now, but with just 5 of us we only need ONE room if we stay at PORS and the cost difference will be huge for us!
So off they went and we decided all we wanted to do was explore all the trails and such..Taejan had been wanting to this since last year!
Up next just the 4 of us..

lebeau

Wendy and Rapunzel are rare in Epcot, aren't they? We'd be thrilled to run into them there. They are both high on our must-see list.

JIMINYCR

Yeah ducks and birds at the table. My son HATED birds when he was younger. He got panicked by a macaw that was at our travel agents office when he was 3 years old and had a phobia about birds. When we went to Disney he HATED those birds and ducks trying to mooch food of of you at every table & bench you sat at with food. He was so watchful of them approaching that he couldnt concentrate on eating.

By the way, how do your kids like the photos you took of them ?

Alison1975

Original Poster
Wendy and Rapunzel are rare in Epcot, aren't they? We'd be thrilled to run into them there. They are both high on our must-see list.

I believe so and they literally had no line..they were almost hidden so we didn't even know they were there til we walked right into them! same with Marie and Belle

Alison1975

Original Poster
Yeah ducks and birds at the table. My son HATED birds when he was younger. He got panicked by a macaw that was at our travel agents office when he was 3 years old and had a phobia about birds. When we went to Disney he HATED those birds and ducks trying to mooch food of of you at every table & bench you sat at with food. He was so watchful of them approaching that he couldnt concentrate on eating.

By the way, how do your kids like the photos you took of them ?

The birds were crazy and the sleeping ones..they don't much care..LOL

Englebabies

My kids would love the ducks when we go to the lake around here we always have to take bread so the boys can feed the "ducks" they are actually geese but grandma called them ducks so thats what the boys call them

Alison1975

Original Poster
My kids would love the ducks when we go to the lake around here we always have to take bread so the boys can feed the "ducks" they are actually geese but grandma called them ducks so thats what the boys call them

We live between 2 lakes and we are up north..we have ducks, geese and more..lol.. I could have done without them in Disney..lol

Alison1975

Original Poster
So everyone had abandoned us and it was just us 4... We decided to just walk around and explore.. I love AK and could just walk and be happy!

030_zpscf88099d.jpg

031_zps29788f23.jpg

032_zps84787c48.jpg

033_zpsa5f038f5.jpg

034_zps61950318.jpg

035_zps1bce6e90.jpg

036_zps5609d2e3.jpg

038_zpse2d012c0.jpg

039_zpsa1ff7d7b.jpg

We actually had a really nice time..it was ultra weird having only 2 kids with us. I loved it and didn't at the same time.

Alison1975

Original Poster
We walked by this guy just in time:
040_zpsc7b19e88.jpg

We decided to go in and watch. Taejan and Ziah love birds. Taejan loves hawk's so I picked us out the perfect seats...
042_zps938a6cf6.jpg

This guy landed about 2 feet from Taejan's head... pretty sure I made a memory for him that's going to last his whole life..he was sooo happy!
044_zps5152acc0.jpg

Oh and before I go on..a little PSA..when at Flights of Wonder.. please stay sitting..don't try and exit or walk around or allow your kids to walk around. These birds are in motion.. and it's dangerous..not to mention RUDE!
046_zps4c0492dd.jpg

We happened upon D'Vine again.. Taejan kept insisting she was a robot @@..no son..no she's not!
047_zps9e551faf.jpg

048_zps8ff5a421.jpg

More exploring
049_zps1915b7f9.jpg

050_zps70ed9315.jpg

051_zpsa2dbbcda.jpg

052_zps7a9af42e.jpg

053_zps21aa3ba5.jpg

054_zpsd9fc9e13.jpg

055_zps1e91e802.jpg

057_zps38d3e67a.jpg

058_zps293203ac.jpg

059_zpse51013c6.jpg

There is a Kangaroo in there I swear!
060_zpsb594b96a.jpg

We opted for a small snack.. we had ressies for dinner soon so we didn't want to much..we shared one of these:
061_zpsd0661e4c.jpg

062_zpscbfc13f2.jpg

063_zpsf2e712e2.jpg

Up next...best meal EVER!

Alison1975

Original Poster
We headed out before the parade so we didnt get caught AGAIN..lol.. it was def too early for our ADR's but it was that or risk being late. We hopped a bus to The Beach Club... It so pretty..this is where Declan wants to stay for our pre-vacation resort next year..let's hope we can get a room only discount!
064_zpsfd62479b.jpg

065_zpse508de72.jpg

So since we were early we decided to go over to BWI and chill..we knew that place and where to go..lol
066_zpsc6c53aaa.jpg

067_zps50e6b1a3.jpg

We ended up in this little area..and the funny thing is when we were staying here it had people in it every time we went out..but it was empty today...score!
068_zpsa9811365.jpg

I got a text from Noah that they were at the boat launch so we walked over and met up. We went in and checked in.. and before you know it we were having the best meal ever!
069_zpsf56ccc40.jpg

070_zpsb011b7d8.jpg

Noah ate for an hour..not kidding.. pretty sure he ate his body weight in seafood!
071_zps22a79be0.jpg

Ziah loved the desserts...and we figured out why Beach club is so expensive.. well the kids did..its because they literally put there name on every dessert...wish I had gotten a picture of that..lol
072_zpsba604c4b.jpg

taejan loved coloring on the table
074_zpsaf651d08.jpg

We then hopped the boat to HS and bus to POFQ. I started some laundry then went to the pool. Taejan got kicked right in the back into the pool..darn other kids..parents punished the kid but didn't even make the kid say sorry...grrr. I sent Eric off to book the bounceback. He wasn't pleased because I usually handle all that stuff and he "didnt know how to"..I said dude..your 40 years old.. you can manage..and he did..lol. So we are booked for 12 nights of free dining at PORS in September 2013. I wont know until March if we can finish paying for it but at least it's booked and held kwim?
We then went to the green and watched the 2nd half of UP:
388863_10151114333366655_1896498013_n.jpg

back to the room where I packed up all the clean clothes..we wouldn't need them again. Then it was bed time!
My mom and Noah were not feeling well.. not from the meal but they were coming down with colds..grr..so they crashed early!
Tomorrow we had no ADRs so we could go wherever.. oh where shall we go?
So ends park day 7.. no rain today.. and so that means NO ponchos still!!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
You had the perfect AK day! So jealous! We got soaked on both of our days! I love experiencing it through you!! And D'vine twice! WOW! :)

ExtinctJenn

I wish I could fall in love with AK the way you have. I don't know how to describe it but I just don't feel like I'm at Disney when I'm there. It's probably because I have this childhood association with places like the MK and Epcot and AK is just so far from those two. I absolutey love the concept of it and the theming is just fantastic but I just don't have that passionate attachment to it that I have with the other parks. Even DHS I have a certain love for though it's mostly a love for what was and not what is but that's a whole other subject. LOL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom