TheNo Distractions, Never say Never and let's eat a garbage can while we are at it Sept 2012 TR

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Something must be wrong with my refresh button - i've been clicking it for almost 2 hours and nothing is happening :) hee hee Just kidding! :) I cant wait to hear about the rest of your AK Day!!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Something must be wrong with my refresh button - i've been clicking it for almost 2 hours and nothing is happening :) hee hee Just kidding! :) I cant wait to hear about the rest of your AK Day!!

LOL.. Sadly it won't be today..we are back to school today so I will not be on the computer until later tonight..

plaz10

I was totally at EPCOT and at Hollywood Studios on the same days as you guys! But I don't see myself in the background of any photos :( I'll have to look for you guys in the background of ours!

During the storm - we were in France eating under cover because it looked like rain. Then it started POURING and we had to stand under our cover to not get wet. Then we bolted for the gift shop so we could at least walk around. We ended up sitting on the ground outside of the exit for Impressions de France because we were there for like 20 minutes. We eventually wandered the World Showcase more but we were moving in the same direction! As you moved towards Norway we were going to Japan. But we eventually turned back around for Le Cellier ADRs.

Alison1975

Original Poster
I was totally at EPCOT and at Hollywood Studios on the same days as you guys! But I don't see myself in the background of any photos :( I'll have to look for you guys in the background of ours!

During the storm - we were in France eating under cover because it looked like rain. Then it started POURING and we had to stand under our cover to not get wet. Then we bolted for the gift shop so we could at least walk around. We ended up sitting on the ground outside of the exit for Impressions de France because we were there for like 20 minutes. We eventually wandered the World Showcase more but we were moving in the same direction! As you moved towards Norway we were going to Japan. But we eventually turned back around for Le Cellier ADRs.

aw man! I have yet to see myself in anyone elses pictures.. whaa.lol

Alison1975

Original Poster
So I am back.. we had our first day of schooling today and it went remarkably well so I have some time..I'm hoping to finish AK day before we leave for dance and basketball!

So after our safari we took the kids to the Boneyard...it was one of the few things they asked to be sure we did. And let's face it..we are all much happier if the kids get to burn some energy once in awhile!
107_zps1b979f14.jpg

108_zpsb73bcb87.jpg

This is such a great play area.. We love this, the one at HS and now the small splash area in MK..I think the only park that is lacking for the kids in this area is Epcot. We love Epcot but they need at least 1 play area like this for the kids IMO!
109_zps97a553cc.jpg

110_zps9877e3d2.jpg

111_zpsb75b7653.jpg

112_zpsf1da1165.jpg

Noah and my mom arrived and Noah decided he just wanted to be alone to do AK today.. no problem. Declan was a little disappointed but not too much. After this Ziah wanted to ride Expedition Everest.. now before we came I said I was riding it.. I totally chickened out!
I swear she came off this loving it..despite her face!
Photo0103FourBySix_zps01c24acd.jpg

Well my almost 9 year old totally rocked the ride and wanted to go again.. and shamed her mommy into not being a wuss.. Declan wanted to ride but didn't.. he wanted to say he rode but didn't actually want to ride. He tussled with himself for a good 5 minutes right until we got in line.. then he did it..he didn't let fear win.. so proud..he ( and I) hated it..lol..but we did it.. even though you can't see his head:
Photo0104FourBySix_zps66b49078.jpg

114_zps2c0b53ef.jpg

Up next was Kali.. now this ride is just too short.. I love it... love love love it.. but it should be twice as long..just sayin..
115_zpse6ed819d.jpg

We ended up riding it twice.. and the 2nd time I got a lecture from a 6 year old about how I should wear a poncho because I will just be miserable all day now.. oh my.. I had to bite my tongue..not the kids fault her parents didn't teach her manners or thought it was ok to hear her lecturing me..LOL

After that we were all starving so we ended up at Yak n Yeti.. yum..
117_zps9af290a5.jpg

Then my mom and I had promised the kids they could play some of the games. I hate these things..mainly because I just have too many kids and it costs too much for them to each win! I also do NOT like that you can buy tickets from each stall.. it def holds up the actual playing.

But they had a blast so what can a parent do?
118_zps2319f2a6.jpg

119_zps8fc2de5e.jpg

120_zpsbec8bb29.jpg

Pretty soon we made our way to It's Tough to be a Bug..
122_zps21647c2c.jpg

seriously HATE this netting..I get WHY it's there..but I still hate it!
123_zpsaab39350.jpg

124_zps3ab56a14.jpg

Love that show.. it's still as funny now as it as in 1999 when I first saw it. Declan does NOT like it so he left about 3 minutes in and waited for us at the exit.

After this we really didn't have much else we wanted to do except get my mother on the safari..we had a much longer wait than we had in the AM..ugh..and a pretty dry and boring guide..but oh well..
127_zpsa1beac03.jpg

128_zps4c23c663.jpg

130_zps637967ce.jpg

Alison1975

Original Poster
About this time Noah texted us that he was also on the safari but they were stuck because a Giraffe wouldn't move.. good times!
132_zps406edccf.jpg

135_zps585fbb9e.jpg

136_zpsb5adba33.jpg

We ended up having issues with an Ostrich leading us very slowly..lol.. it's all good though.
138_zpse7fb1e8d.jpg

139_zps0762bfa5.jpg

141_zps87f63e14.jpg

003_zpsb20c5249.jpg

007_zps379bf888.jpg

Alison1975

Original Poster
After the safari we did the jungle trek... oh mind you.. I was now using the not good camera.. grrr.. the other one was acting up.
012_zpsf380dff5.jpg

these nest are so cool!
015_zps57bb9f6c.jpg

020_zps8bb10807.jpg

025_zps10d6db3c.jpg

026_zps1ddceb05.jpg

030_zpsa4fe5cdb.jpg

Then we headed off to Conservation Station ( or is it Rafiki's planet watch? eh..whichever)
034_zps0fb37ba8.jpg

038_zps6cce57e2.jpg

039_zpsc088385f.jpg

041_zps8a0af7ba.jpg

042_zps3643f736.jpg

043_zps9c82c78b.jpg

045_zpsd8c13b32.jpg

048_zps5cc8801b.jpg

Ziah spoke to a great CM there that is a vet of some sort. Ziah wants to be a vet bad and this CM took the time to tell her all the things she can do to make it happen..needless to say my almost 9 year old can't wait to be old enough to start volunteering at a rescue center..LOL.

We hopped back on the train and...

Alison1975

Original Poster
and we ran right into the parade..grr..same thing happened last year..will I never learn?? We couldnt go anywhere so we watched it on the other side of Tusker House..eh can't beat em join em right? Noah had texted us he was leaving the park and got stuck too..but he must have been closer to the front of the park.
049_zps2f199814.jpg

051_zps6c22040a.jpg

053_zps426f378e.jpg

Once we were able to leave the parade area we made our way to a bus for AKL..where we happened to see a familiar family. That morning we had ridden in with the most hysterical friendly family ( group of 8+ I'd say).. well as we get in line for AKL one of the moms says to taejan "i think you left this on the bus this morning"..it was his gold coin..lol..too funny! at this point Noah texted me asking where he was supposed to get off at AKL..um..no idea dude..mama didn't do her research apparently! All I could do was hope he made it alive.
We did and found him soon..I just followed the other family so I knew where to get off the bus..LMAO
This place is gorgeous! We were mad early because I wanted to explore!
055_zpsa962e7fe.jpg

056_zpse40a600f.jpg

057_zps7f8896ef.jpg

059_zpse1ce242e.jpg

062_zpsbf2f7074.jpg

063_zps9fa06ead.jpg

065_zps63600f17.jpg

069_zpsa7c3cc25.jpg

072_zps21070450.jpg

We had what had to be one of the BEST meals! We checked into Boma early..got taken right away..seated next to that funny family..lol..and ate and ate and ate. Was amazing! After the meal Noah and Declan left and we went into the gift shop then headed out. We ended up on a bus to HS with the same family..then switched there to one for POFQ. We got back..and no Declan no Noah ( and Noah's phone was dead)... ok well maybe they hopped a bus to a further park to switch..no biggie...

Alison1975

Original Poster
We got to the room..Mousekeeping was great again!
077_zps8d06e412.jpg

078_zps4d647c8c.jpg

079_zpsff131ae4.jpg

We took Ziah and Taejan to the pool..and still no Noah and Declan.. now I was actually getting worried... trying to be but I was. It had been an hour since we got back! Finally they arrived.. they hopped a bus to DtD and we all know what a nightmare that can be.. from DTD back etc..but they were back and safe...all that mattered! I let the kids swim some more, then the skies opened up and it poured..bad!
147_zps4885b7ec.jpg

146_zps286c68cf.jpg

the walkways and such hat turned into rivers!
147-001_zpscdbc494b.jpg

and thus ended park day 4.. oh and yep..still no ponchos!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I remember that night! It started raining like spitting and then after 5 mins it was full on soaking monsoon! Glad you made it another day with no ponchos! I think by this point, we had them on 4 or 5 times! Definitely this night as we were trying to get back to PORS! Crazy! Did you try the upside down pineapple cheese cake at Boma? Seriously changed my life they were so good! :)

Alison1975

Original Poster
I remember that night! It started raining like spitting and then after 5 mins it was full on soaking monsoon! Glad you made it another day with no ponchos! I think by this point, we had them on 4 or 5 times! Definitely this night as we were trying to get back to PORS! Crazy! Did you try the upside down pineapple cheese cake at Boma? Seriously changed my life they were so good! :)

We ate every desert..LMAO. The food was just amazing.. I could have eaten there 3 or 4 times and not gotten bored. That rain was insane.. I'm glad it waited until we were done for the day..lol. I think this was the day my mom went and bought umbrella's just in case...

PhilharMagician

So we finish up our Shaved ice and head along.. and the rain is coming..I feel the drops.. we book it for America..and we are just in time for a show.. I love great timing..so to get out of the rain we bound in! As we cross the threshold this gentlemen says to Taejan.. "Are you Taejan?" ( even says his name right..awesome!) Taejan looks at him carefully and says yes..then the gentlemen says "Ok good I just got a phone call for you, here let's call them back"..and walks Taejan over to this box that had a phone:
050_zps031c6180.jpg

he listened..probably thought he was in trouble..
051_zps2c81b70e.jpg

Soon a smile crossed his wee little face:
052_zpsb8db8f83.jpg

He proclaims that Goofy called him to wish him a Happy Birthday..the kid was beaming! The gentlemen then gave Taejan an american flag and we went to listen to the last bit of the singers:

The same CM caught us walking in the door in 2010 and my daughter had her birthday pin on. He did the same thing. What a special person!! He really makes a lot of people happy.

kasey1988

Ok..Park day 4 ( despite what it says above.. this is indeed day 4..not the Epcot day!).. Thursday Sept 20th 2012

We were also in the animal kingdom that day! great day :) we were in bed when the rain started that night! it was raining so hard / thundering and lightening! I just had to check with dbf to see if he remembered it raining that night, my notes are not that great and trying to remember every detail is hard !

kasey1988

We were also in the room next to you at pofq 5109. Well the walkway seperated the rooms. I thought it was you guys, i had been reading your trip reports/pre trip reports on here and had seen the picture of your daughter and cinderella in your window and mentioned to dbf that i thought that was someone from the disney blog :)

Alison1975

Original Poster
We were also in the room next to you at pofq 5109. Well the walkway seperated the rooms. I thought it was you guys, i had been reading your trip reports/pre trip reports on here and had seen the picture of your daughter and cinderella in your window and mentioned to dbf that i thought that was someone from the disney blog :)

OMG how cool!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom