TheNo Distractions, Never say Never and let's eat a garbage can while we are at it Sept 2012 TR

Alison1975

Original Poster
OMG- these outfits are beyond ADORABLE!!! Were they marketed as costumes? Or were they actual outfits? Just wondering if they'd be considered seasonal. We're heading down to visit w/family after our trip next month and now that my nephew is out of the woods and out of preemie clothes I want to pick up some things for him. So cute! Do you remember which store these were in? We only have one DHS day and I'll need to add some time for shopping. :D

I also highly dislike ToT. The attention to detail is amazing, but I hate freefall style rides. I had to try it once, but that's it. I'll stick to roller coasters.

Can't wait to read more.:)

One on the left ( it even has a tail) is clothes the other 2 are jammies technically and don't come smaller than 2t but they are snug fitting so they will fit him sooner!

and yep..that free fall..over and over and over..sucks!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
That is probably the day you saw us!! We were at Epcot all day!!! I can't wait for the rest of your Epcot day TR!

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
All caught up. More please.
PS - Not quite as fun without the girlfriend from H - E - Double hockeysticks.

Tinkerbella16

Your kids are so cute! I love every one of their names.. they are so different! :D Ziah is so adorable!! I can't believe I did not run into you last week at POFQ, but I was also finished breakfast by 7:30am every morning and headed out right after until later in the day! When you get to the 2nd half of your trip I will be looking for myself in the background of your photos haha! :D

Alison1975

Original Poster
Your kids are so cute! I love every one of their names.. they are so different! :D Ziah is so adorable!! I can't believe I did not run into you last week at POFQ, but I was also finished breakfast by 7:30am every morning and headed out right after until later in the day! When you get to the 2nd half of your trip I will be looking for myself in the background of your photos haha! :D

LOL..We only ate breakfast twice there..first and last day..lol

Alison1975

Original Poster
Epcot day 1 part 2
So we had sent Noah up ahead for FP's and then met him in The Land and got our 5.. the boys were planning to spend the day together again so off they went:
006_zpsad295681.jpg

007_zps56d0d375.jpg

Low and behold look who we run into:
008_zpsa04218b9.jpg

yep..we all ended up on Living with the Land together.
I love this little ride.. I want to do Behind the Seeds so bad..but this was just not the year. Taejan has way better control of himself than he did last year..BUT he is still prone to touching things he does not belong touching and other unpredictable nonsense..so maybe next year.
009_zpse028faae.jpg

010_zps7cfbe32c.jpg

After this Noah and Declan went to have coffee or something and we went to go ride Soarin.. we had 20 minutes until our FP's were due and the wait was 15 minutes..so um.. standby line here we come! All silly Taejan..no anger..no issues..just Taejan being Taejan..we call him Jim Carrey Jr with the faces!
011_zpsbe9f9905.jpg

012_zps323a207a.jpg

and before long..we are on Soarin!
013_zps5a6cbb11.jpg

We got off and it was FP time so back up we go to ride again! Love this ride..

Alison1975

Original Poster
After Soarin' we headed out of the Land.. and went on over to The Seas..yest again thanking my youngest for no stroller lol. We rode with a posted 15 minute wait..which, for those of you that have ridden this know, is pretty much the time it takes you to wind around and around that queue..

Last year when we got off it was so packed I grabbed the kids and bolted..this time though we headed upstairs..saw some Divers:
014_zpsa9cefca5.jpg

and fish
015_zps338836eb.jpg

oh and walked right into the Dolphin demo..perfect timing ( which was literally the mantra of this trip BTW)..
016_zps08364ee7.jpg

I still miss the original ride..well at least the version I saw in 1999 and 2000.. I get why Nemo is in the ride..I do..but I miss the straight educational zone it once was.
The kids played in that little play zone:
017_zps9bce135e.jpg

018_zps9b2649cf.jpg

019_zpsf6b6b292.jpg

020_zps059972d3.jpg

Up next.. Taejan and more women!

Alison1975

Original Poster
After The Seas World Showcase was open and we were all hungry..so we headed in that direction..but we literally ran into a meet n greet with NO wait.. usually that means the characters are leaving ( that is always our luck and my kids will not wait in lines for characters)..but yet again we had perfect timing and we got to meet two of Taejan's dream women! ( no photopass photographer sadly)
021_zpsf7d01a93.jpg

022_zps3187fd93.jpg

This Rapunzel was great.. something about her..she was good!
024_zps52e70374.jpg

See..she musta been good cus Taejan is not into blondes much...lol
025_zps362fbdda.jpg

Ziah is so shy..Rapunzel picked up on this and kinda called her back over for a solo hug and Ziah went..but you can see..it was with reservations and I am pretty sure Taejan musta said something.. hence Rapunzel laughing..lol
026_zps77a802e1.jpg

And now finally what we had been waiting 13 months for..we actually made it to the counter before it opened and waited..we got the first 3 batches of the day!
027_zpsf0ca65aa.jpg

I love this place...
028_zps0893ef29.jpg

029_zps00717890.jpg

030_zps8e996cd6.jpg

032_zps8232ed55.jpg

right over there..on the other side of that pretty little hill is The Boardwalk.. not gonna lie.. I wanted to go there...lol
033_zpsd54504a4.jpg

oh and what is this?? anyone? or rather..where is this item and other like it located??
034_zpsc770506d.jpg

Next...we explore the countries!

Alison1975

Original Poster
No agenda for this day except we had a meal later.. Noah and Declan were off doing their thing.. not sure what except I know the rode Soarin and Imagination and did an Agent P mission..and not sure what else.Oh I know they rode Maelstrom and Noah took this picture of Declan for me:
062_zpsfdd9f3e6.jpg

We got the 2 wee ones some cool items:
035_zps2e102921.jpg

we just walked around..
037_zps7d8e4516.jpg

038_zpsa23e71c0.jpg

039_zpsdbbd87a0.jpg

040_zps4ad6e835.jpg

041_zps101543b2.jpg

They were actually leaving ( and we wouldnt have waited in line anyway) but I had to take pictures because Belle is Taejan's #1 this trip!
042_zpsee1617e9.jpg

043_zps8d3db046.jpg

044_zpscffed25d.jpg

The kids worked on some Duffy's
045_zps3ac00a33.jpg

Ziah looks thrilled eh? Without Declan as a buffer we had some issues with Oil and Water.. it's ok..they both survived..and I just had another adult beverage..don't judge!
046_zpse3ac4961.jpg

047_zps44d45070.jpg

this was walled off last year..so pretty!
048_zps832c4c1c.jpg

and now what the kids have been waiting 13 months for:
049_zps4acacc18.jpg

after the shaved ice ( we split 3 between the 5 of us) the clouds started to change.. oh yeah..it wound't be Epcot for us without some rain.. would today finally be the day we had to buy ponchos?
up next..rain!

disneygirl76

OMG! We seriously were on the same loop! We did the same thing! Got on Soarin' and FP it and then off to the Seas and we were going to wait for the Dolphin thingy but decided to get going and instead of going to UK we went to Mexico for lunch! HA! Great minds think alike!! :)

disneygirl76

after the shaved ice ( we split 3 between the 5 of us) the clouds started to change.. oh yeah..it wound't be Epcot for us without some rain.. would today finally be the day we had to buy ponchos?
up next..rain!

I wonder where you were for the rain? we were in Norway!

Alison1975

Original Poster
OMG! We seriously were on the same loop! We did the same thing! Got on Soarin' and FP it and then off to the Seas and we were going to wait for the Dolphin thingy but decided to get going and instead of going to UK we went to Mexico for lunch! HA! Great minds think alike!! :)

See we were just behind you..so I am guessing this is when I noticed you..and prolly more than once..lol..

Alison1975

Original Poster
So we finish up our Shaved ice and head along.. and the rain is coming..I feel the drops.. we book it for America..and we are just in time for a show.. I love great timing..so to get out of the rain we bound in! As we cross the threshold this gentlemen says to Taejan.. "Are you Taejan?" ( even says his name right..awesome!) Taejan looks at him carefully and says yes..then the gentlemen says "Ok good I just got a phone call for you, here let's call them back"..and walks Taejan over to this box that had a phone:
050_zps031c6180.jpg

he listened..probably thought he was in trouble..
051_zps2c81b70e.jpg

Soon a smile crossed his wee little face:
052_zpsb8db8f83.jpg

He proclaims that Goofy called him to wish him a Happy Birthday..the kid was beaming! The gentlemen then gave Taejan an american flag and we went to listen to the last bit of the singers:
053_zpsa1b34c5b.jpg

Then we went to see the show..I love the American Adventure..it has to be one of the highlights of Epcot for me.. I love History and it makes me tear up every time!
After this it was raining..up.. not super hard but it was..we did potty runs and then the plan was to finish the countries but it was just raining to hard..we then decided we would head to Norway to ride the Maelstrom..I'd rather be in line then in the rain. Before we made it there though the weather got BAD.. thunder, lightening , driving rain..now I can deal with rain..I dont take my kids out in lightening!
So there was this little food stand ( ya know..the one with the drums before Norway ( or after depending on your direction of travel)..it has mostly a cloth roof..but hey it kept is slightly dry. We eventually just packed into a roped off food line where there is an actual roof.. it was getting that bad!
388779_10151109296796655_1500798811_n.jpg

now I felt bad being there and not buying anything.. but they didnt sell hot beverages..if they did..I would have gotten one!
The place was packed with people trying to stay dry! Was under there a good 20 minutes then once it seemed the storm part of the rain was past we headed back out into it.. and made our way to Norway.. it was still raining so people were everywhere. Noah and Declan had texted us that they had the same thoughts and were in Norway and had just ridden the ride and were hanging in the store. We rode Maelstrom and met up with the boys for a few:
055_zpsf7cdffb0.jpg

by then it was either done raining or it was so light it no longer mattered so off we went again:
056_zps1829ad4b.jpg

We all went to Mousegears and road Space Ship Earth together ( all 7 of us):We got stopped for a good 5-7 minutes on SSE..
057_zps4a29cccd.jpg

058_zpsf71d68a9.jpg

after the games we split up again..no idea where Noah and Declan went ( and neither here to ask).
Sky was still icky looking:
059_zpsa28fa066.jpg

we headed over to Club Cool.. we drank our drinks then Taejan joined the dance the CM's started..

060_zps6ae8b18d.jpg

Up next..more..

coachwnh

When I last left you we had just left AoA and hopped another bus to somewhere from MK. Before I continue I want to say that so far, yes it's only day 3, things are going great. The kids are behaving, Taejan has not had a meltdown ( anyone remember last year??) and not having a stroller is DA BOMB!!

Ok so we hopped that bus and ended up:

062_zpsc1b6d679.jpg

063_zpsea6fa440.jpg

We hopped on a boat with the intention of taking it to BWI..we got as far as The Swan and Dolphin stop and once the Captain told us how long until we were at BWI we jumped ship..literally. It is a 3 minute walk to BWI from there...
064_zps5d1bf7c0.jpg

065_zps42c068c9.jpg

We got back to the room ( ha we found it..easy..going thru the interior walkways!) just in time too..
066_zpsb96f6aad.jpg

067_zpsa0f39e0a.jpg

we waited for the storm part of the rain to be over and the kids did some pin organizing while they waited:
068_zps9cbfa467.jpg

Then we headed down to the main pool..I mean it was warm and the kids were already gonna be wet anyway right?

I have to say this pool freaked us out in pictures.. well the clown did...but once we were there it didn't bother us in the least. My daughter went from being scared of it to yeppie the clown pool in about 3.1 seconds!

They had a BLAST.. seriously a great pool!!Oh and here is where I say this.. the last year of swim lessons were worth their weight in gold! Last year Ziah was still a struggling swimmer and Taejan needed a swim vest.. this year.. they were both fish ( Declan has been a fish for a few years).. I even texted the kids swim instructor and thanked her! Being at the pool with little to no worries was a huge perk of the trip!
070_zps24b2e2ce.jpg

071_zpsbc2d850f.jpg

072_zpscc67f285.jpg

073_zps1d04aa8f.jpg

Eric and I snagged a table to stay as dry as we could..lol..I then had the first of many adult beverages..which was way better than the nasty thing we had at the pool bar at The Doubletree!
074_zps09032c21.jpg

075_zpsf5186f3f.jpg

078_zps89540ee9.jpg

079_zps9988168f.jpg

080_zpsf149906b.jpg

after the swim we.....
Love the boardwalk slide. We wil be there for the kids bdays in Feb!!! Lokks like you guys had a blast. Adult bevs look good!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom