Theme parks for sale

jt04

After Disney, the Busch family would be my next choice, followed by Cedar Fair.

I'm not sure I'd like to see them shutter Busch Gardens, just up the quality. Disney could really turn that park around being just okay to being a real jewel.

I'd hate to see them rename SeaWorld, I would hope that they would respect the heritage of the park, but I would love for them to port over some stuff from Tokyo DisneySea. And great point about The Living Seas, it should be more about sea exploration technology rather than the sea life itself.

They also own Knott's Berry Farm near Disneyland in California.

Not arguing but I just don't see Disney keeping BGT open if they bought it since it is so close to what AK offers and draws people off property. Now Sea World would do the same but I think you would see Disney run a major transportation system (busses probably) between WDW and SW. And then they would create an all-in-one resort at SW similar in scope to Universal.

The Sea World name was lifted right from the name of WDW so personally I think they would change it. If Disney did buy Sea World, I think it would end up much more like Animal Kingdom than Disney Sea. It would really be apples/oranges.

I 100% agree that Epcot's Future World should be about futuristic technology though. And AK and SW should be complimentary animal parks.

Imagine Joe Rohde unleashed to reimagine Sea World! :D

ms9220

Here is Dan Snyder's chance to own a majority of major theme parks across the country. Heck, he just spent $160 million on two football players.... why not buy up another theme park franchise. Then he can run around and claim he is the 21st century's Walt Disney.... except he never built any of his crumbling empire from the ground up. All through acquisitions.
not him he will ruin Sea World that would be sad I love to see The Disney Family push the Disney Company buy them Walt Always love animals anyways.

828tnt

Here is Dan Snyder's chance to own a majority of major theme parks across the country. Heck, he just spent $160 million on two football players.... why not buy up another theme park franchise. Then he can run around and claim he is the 21st century's Walt Disney.... except he never built any of his crumbling empire from the ground up. All through acquisitions.

please don't mention dan snyder and disney in the same sentence again! ever! ever! ever! ever! lol!

i'm a season ticket holder,but he makes it hard to be a skins fan......

Figment1986

I have herd that Blackstone / Merlin was interested in the 10 parks.

I think BGW is too landlocked and that the Yorkcounty and williamsburg bigwigs have too much controll over BGW. I for one dont want Disney coming to Williamsburg. I live 30 min away and theres no way they could turn that park into a Disney park without darn near rebuilding everything.

They have more land than you think... :lookaroun though they have to also figure out what land is for the park and what land is for the brewery still. There is also the Kingsmill Resort to the south that Busch Owns and Operates.

WDW1974

It's going to be very difficult to sell the parks in this enviornment ... Blackstone and Uni have been the big two legit suitors, but each has reasons as to why it can't/won't happen.

I believe Disney has talked about the SW in San Diego in conjunction with the DCL expansion ... but that's just due dilligence.

Disney looked into buying Knott's as well a decade or so ago before Cedar Fair did.

I just don't buy the idea Disney would buy someone else's parks ... it goes against the way the company has already operated ... and considering that most of their parks have many 'issues' of their own, well ... it would be a huge jump to see The Mouse buying some else's and trying to retrofit them with the Disney MAGIC!

rcapolete

Cool can we start a "i heard from a monorail driver that Disney is buying Sea World and extending the monorail to it" thread cause i figure that is bound to happen anyway.

DDAY

I believe (given they have the money) that Disney should buy it. Bring in Disney's touch to Seaworld and they can actually make improvments to an already great park. They could make it like a low-key Animal Kingdom not too much characters running around but enough to let people know it is another House of Mouse.

PhilharMagician

It's going to be very difficult to sell the parks in this enviornment ... Blackstone and Uni have been the big two legit suitors, but each has reasons as to why it can't/won't happen.

I believe Disney has talked about the SW in San Diego in conjunction with the DCL expansion ... but that's just due dilligence.

Disney looked into buying Knott's as well a decade or so ago before Cedar Fair did.

I just don't buy the idea Disney would buy someone else's parks ... it goes against the way the company has already operated ... and considering that most of their parks have many 'issues' of their own, well ... it would be a huge jump to see The Mouse buying some else's and trying to retrofit them with the Disney MAGIC!

Yes, but as you have said in many other posts. Disney is not the same company it used to be.

Dinsey parks are still tier 1, but they are becoming more mainstream as time goes by. Also what happens if Uni comes up with the $$$ and buys the AB parks. That puts a huge question mark on the what will happen in the Orlando tourist market. By adding Sea World to Universals offerings it could become a week long tourist destination and this could affect WDW as the vacation destination.

If Universal is a threat to buy, I can see Disney at least attempting to bump the price out of range or at least trying to buy only the Sea World if AB/Inbev will split.

hardcard

Yes, but as you have said in many other posts. Disney is not the same company it used to be.

Dinsey parks are still tier 1, but they are becoming more mainstream as time goes by. Also what happens if Uni comes up with the $$$ and buys the AB parks. That puts a huge question mark on the what will happen in the Orlando tourist market. By adding Sea World to Universals offerings it could become a week long tourist destination and this could affect WDW as the vacation destination.

If Universal is a threat to buy, I can see Disney at least attempting to bump the price out of range or at least trying to buy only the Sea World if AB/Inbev will split.

This arguement is baseless considering Disney MADE A BID for Sea World back in the 90s

epcotWSC

By adding Sea World to Universals offerings it could become a week long tourist destination and this could affect WDW as the vacation destination.

This would not be a bad thing for the consumer. More competition means more improvements and innovation.

It's a short drive though (I believe 10 minutes from the entrance of Disney). Although IDK, it would just seem weird leaving Disney property to go to another Disney park.

JWG

I would be another in favor of Cedar Fair. That would make their Premium Pass incredible. Just start in Canada and work your way South. Canada's WonderLand, Cedar Point, King's Island, King's Dominion, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Carrowinds, Sea World (stop off at WDW) and off to Busch Gardens Tampa.

King's Island opening in a little over a month :sohappy::sohappy:

Cedar Fair won't be buying anything. They're actually talking about selling current offerings.

They're looking at possibly putting two parks on the block to buy down debt including Worlds of Fun in Kansas City, MO and Valleyfair in Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN:

http://www.startribune.com/local/40962672.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUUr

There's also talk of them selling California's Great America to the SanFran 49'ers to be turned into a parking lot for their new stadium.

I think that's a clear indicator they're not buying/adding any new properties.

I'm not a Valleyfair regular, but I try to go once every year or other year. It's my only fix between Disney trips as I live in the Mpls/St. Paul area.

Mecha Figment

my opinion is that if Disney does get it's hands on the two florida based parks. it's going to salvage what it can from BG close it and sell everthing it can and level it and then sell the land. Sea World and Discovery Cove will probably stay open, Discovery cove meets the needs of what they have been wanting to build. And They have been wanting a new water park. Aquatica needs a lot of work, and who better to make it better.

Dwarful

This arguement is baseless considering Disney MADE A BID for Sea World back in the 90s

Not really. In the 90's Disney was trying to buy from the Busch family. Auggie IV still didn't want to sell AB to InBev. But cousin Adolphus sold him out. Auggie IV was able to keep Grant's Farm, and donated Bevo Mill to the city of St. Louis before the InBev takeover took place. Rumor around our area was Auggie and some of the family wanted to keep the Sea World parks as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom