Theme parks for sale

wdwmemories

To me it seems unlikely that Disney would purchase them. They seem much more into 'building' vs. 'buying'. If they were to buy there would be a huge job to bring them in line with how Disney does things.
I would not be surprised to see Cedar Fair purchase them - they have slowly but surely added to their line up of parks over the years...

ryguy

Cedar Fair is the logical pick. I wouldn't be surprised to see a foreign investor move in maybe some oil sheik, they have money to burn. I would much rather see Cedar fair at least they have experience running parks. Truthfully competition is good for Disney, so count me out for being in favor of them buying AB theme parks.

Figment632

Cedar Fair is the logical pick. I wouldn't be surprised to see a foreign investor move in maybe some oil sheik, they have money to burn. I would much rather see Cedar fair at least they have experience running parks. Truthfully competition is good for Disney, so count me out for being in favor of them buying AB theme parks.

I've never heard of Cedar Fair what do they currently own?

jt04

Yup thats what they should do.

Disney buying BGW would be a boom for Jamestown, Yorktown and Williamburg too. This is where Disney should have been looking back in the 90's anyway. Location killed that project. So this could be a different but much better application of the Disney's America concept without the potential of revisionism that might occur if Disney owned the whole thing.

In any case, BGW is a potential gold mine in the right hands.

PhilharMagician

If they were to buy it, I don't think it would carry the Disney name.

I would suspect you are correct on that.

The talk of Disney being interested in Seaworld has been around for a while. There was info on Screamscape today about the city of San Diego trying to get Disney Cruise line to dock one of the new ships and it sounds like Disney may be interested. This could tie in with Sea World San Diego. Only time will tell.

Duckberg

Busch Gardens

I think I would be very much in support of Disney purchasing the Busch parks. I think Busch Gardens Tampa (Africa? :hammer:) would surely benefit. And imagine the attractions that might be built at SeaWorld. We know that Disney has had some marginal success building a theme park around a "Sea" theme.

Having gone there to BG last year the overall park has a worn down look to it. However the location & what they do have may work for Disney :confused: as a mini park?? Duckberg :cool:

1disneydood

But AB rides aren't all *gasp* " family friendly". :rolleyes:

Ohnooo, then they may own attractions that sacre some kids. :eek:
:sohappy:

Face it, Disney is ACTING like they can't afford the upkeep of WDW attractions, they'll never buy anything like other parks. At least at present.

wickedsoccer22

That would be Cedar Point. :animwink:

I just heard last night at work that Univerdal has a HUGE bid on Sea World.

And they're getting this money from where? :shrug:

I thought they had to scale back a bit on some of the proposed attractions at WWoHP, and now they're going to buy a theme park...?

Zip-D-Dude

Sea World could easily be turned into a Disney park. The most important key would be to retrain the employees and re-establish the Disney culture into the park.

Seaworld 's infra structure is very decent and the entertainment offerings would be on par with Disney's. The quality of the staff is the biggest concern.

Disney would need to not only nvest in the parks, but invest in adding the Disney magic to it. That means People and themeing. It would take some excellent change agents with the understanding of the Disney Zone.

That's just my 2 cents :wave:

WildcatDen

I would be another in favor of Cedar Fair. That would make their Premium Pass incredible. Just start in Canada and work your way South. Canada's WonderLand, Cedar Point, King's Island, King's Dominion, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Carrowinds, Sea World (stop off at WDW) and off to Busch Gardens Tampa.

King's Island opening in a little over a month :sohappy::sohappy:

RSoxNo1

I think that it makes more sense for Universal to buy these parks as a way of competing with Disney. That would give them 3 parks, 2 water parks and a boutique park to compete with Disney.

WDWRLD

Disney buying BGW would be a boom for Jamestown, Yorktown and Williamburg too. This is where Disney should have been looking back in the 90's anyway. Location killed that project. So this could be a different but much better application of the Disney's America concept without the potential of revisionism that might occur if Disney owned the whole thing.

In any case, BGW is a potential gold mine in the right hands.

I think BGW is too landlocked and that the Yorkcounty and williamsburg bigwigs have too much controll over BGW. I for one dont want Disney coming to Williamsburg. I live 30 min away and theres no way they could turn that park into a Disney park without darn near rebuilding everything.

bosoxrock3410

it would be real awesome for disney to buy seaworld cause they would add alot to it and make it better. but i rather see them spend time on there parks instead.im wondering if getting seaworld might be better thou instead of us all waiting for a star wars or new ride when a new park might get them to actually to something.

Mr.EPCOT

After Disney, the Busch family would be my next choice, followed by Cedar Fair.

Exactly. I'd like to see them buy BGT and get the animals and some attractions for AK. Then shut it down and develop the real estate or sell it off.

I'm not sure I'd like to see them shutter Busch Gardens, just up the quality. Disney could really turn that park around being just okay to being a real jewel.

Turn Sea World into Disney's Seas Orlando. This would give them the boutique park they desire and another water park. Close the "Living Seas" at Epcot and send those animals to Sea World and convert the pavilion to a "oceanography" pavilion rather than a marine biology pavilion which is a subject better showcased at the potential Disney's Seas Orlando.

I'd hate to see them rename SeaWorld, I would hope that they would respect the heritage of the park, but I would love for them to port over some stuff from Tokyo DisneySea. And great point about The Living Seas, it should be more about sea exploration technology rather than the sea life itself.

I've never heard of Cedar Fair what do they currently own?

They also own Knott's Berry Farm near Disneyland in California.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom