Politics Theme Park Reopening Guidelines to be released 10/20/20

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

SuddenStorm

That's just it Hans, he didn't "mess up" from a Covid perspective. He should have gone to that dinner party. Because the risk to him and his family by attending was very, very low.

You could make a valid argument that he messed up politically, because the optics and his initial lies about the dinner have made him look very bad. Plus the rampant hypocrisy. But messed up medically, or even make a bad judgement call as a parent? No, I don't think so.

The Newsom's did the risk assessment and analysis in their brains, and they knew they would be acceptably safe to do it, for themselves and for their children and live-in household staff they'd see a few hours later that night.

Many of us just wish Gavin Newsom allowed people to make the same personal decisions for themselves, for their businesses, and for their livelihoods.

If Newsom can enjoy French lingerie- er The French Laundry, I should be able to ride Splash Mountain and enjoy the Plaza Inn's outdoor dining.

lazyboy97o

You continually make it sound as if the global guidelines Newsom endorses are some kind of criminal sentence specifically concocted by Sacramento bureaucrats to wreak havoc on the livelihoods of Californians. For some of you this isn't about whether he should have attended the dinner or not, it is a political argument against a particular governor whose policies you generally disagreed with long before the pandemic began. Be angry at the pandemic, not the people doing what's required to control the spread.
You just don’t get it. SARS-CoV-2 is just not a problem. The real stumper is what causes the flu?

TP2000

You continually make it sound as if the global guidelines Newsom endorses are some kind of criminal sentence specifically concocted by Sacramento bureaucrats to wreak havoc on the livelihoods of Californians.

While I know many of us who are not Newsom fans can sound like that (I'm sure I have), I honestly don't think Sacramento is organized enough to pull off something that complicated. 😀

I think Newsom and his career bureaucrats have blundered through this mess just like the rest of us. But they seem to have been backed into a corner for the past four months, and Newsom and his ilk have become increasingly obstinate about his mandates and guidance and guidelines.

Heck, at today's press conference Newsom couldn't even offer the proof of the science he was using when questioned about it specifically by the lady reporter from the Associated Press.

I am increasingly convinced however that Newsom's complete disregard for California's theme parks is part of a broader strategy he has, mainly around remaking the California economy and lifestyle to eliminate unfashionable and wasteful vestiges of the 20th century; gas powered cars, residential gas stoves, plastic straws, red meat, Disneyland, etc.

lazyboy97o

I am increasingly convinced however that Newsom's complete disregard for California's theme parks is part of a broader strategy he has, mainly around remaking the California economy and lifestyle to eliminate unfashionable and wasteful vestiges of the 20th century; gas powered cars, residential gas stoves, plastic straws, red meat, Disneyland, etc.
What is Stefan Löfven’s goal?

lazyboy97o

Ah, okay. The Prime Minister of Sweden. I would assume his goal was to manage the crisis as best he could, but he also clearly had medical advice that lockdowns and a destroyed economy weren't the best answer to that.

He appears to be right, at least here in December, 2020.
Good to know that Löfven, who has just implemented new, stricter rules including closing upper secondary schools, was right to close amusement parks.

TP2000

Good to know that Löfven, who has just implemented new, stricter rules including closing upper secondary schools, was right to close amusement parks.

I didn't even know Stockholm had an amusement park.

I can only imagine the line they must have on Main Street for their deep fried herring pops! Lutefisk cones, anyone? 🤢

LastoneOn

Ah, okay. The Prime Minister of Sweden. I would assume his goal was to manage the crisis as best he could, but he also clearly had medical advice that lockdowns and a destroyed economy weren't the best answer to that.

He appears to be right, at least here in December, 2020.
They're having some problems health wise now, but their economy remains very strong despite

el_super

You continually make it sound as if the global guidelines Newsom endorses are some kind of criminal sentence specifically concocted by Sacramento bureaucrats to wreak havoc on the livelihoods of Californians. For some of you this isn't about whether he should have attended the dinner or not, it is a political argument against a particular governor whose policies you generally disagreed with long before the pandemic began. Be angry at the pandemic, not the people doing what's required to control the spread.

Exactly.

If Newsom can enjoy French lingerie- er The French Laundry, I should be able to ride Splash Mountain and enjoy the Plaza Inn's outdoor dining.

That's not how it works. Newsom shouldn't have gone to dinner with his friends and you cannot ride Splash Mountain in a pandemic.

D

Deleted member 107043

But they seem to have been backed into a corner for the past four months, and Newsom and his ilk have become increasingly obstinate about his mandates and guidance and guidelines.

Huh? Newsom and his Ilk? Obstinate? Backed into a corner?

milordsloth

I didn't even know Stockholm had an amusement park.

I can only imagine the line they must have on Main Street for their deep fried herring pops! Lutefisk cones, anyone? 🤢

Gronalund is one of my favorite parks! Beautiful small park right on the water with a ton of history behind it. Thats where I saw Lady Gaga live in 2008!

And to be fair, they would absolutely not be open during the winter months anyway when the whole city is frozen over.

lazyboy97o

Gronalund is one of my favorite parks! Beautiful small park right on the water with a ton of history behind it. Thats where I saw Lady Gaga live in 2008!

And to be fair, they would absolutely not be open during the winter months anyway when the whole city is frozen over.
They were not open in the summer.

lazyboy97o

I didn't say they were. While, in my opinion, year-round California theme parks should be open, it makes sense that Sweden just kept their few parks closed until next season. Those parks not being open this time of year isn't relevant to Covid.
So it makes sense that the government of Sweden kept parks closed with no announced plan for when they could reopen but not for California to have a plan for when they can reopen? That’s not at all a double standard?

milordsloth

So it makes sense that the government of Sweden kept parks closed with no announced plan for when they could reopen but not for California to have a plan for when they can reopen? That’s not at all a double standard?

Yes. They have not said they can't open next summer at this point. This is normally when those parks would be closed anyway. Newsom keeping Disneyland closed with no plan is COMPLETELY different.

lazyboy97o

Yes. They have not said they can't open next summer at this point. This is normally when those parks would be closed anyway. Newsom keeping Disneyland closed with no plan is COMPLETELY different.
Parks in Sweden are and have been closed indefinitely. There is no timeline, plan or criteria for when they can reopen. That they would be closed now is irrelevant to the fact they were closed all summer and have not been told they may reopen in 2021. California, no matter how much you dislike it, has a plan with criteria for when parks can be open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom