Politics Theme Park Reopening Guidelines to be released 10/20/20

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

lazyboy97o

Pretty much.

But seriously. I’m not a professional. Just a guy with an opinion. A doctors or governors words carry much more weight.
Have you ever noticed that professionals are described as practicing? They practice architecture or practice law or practice medicine. A business of doctors is also called a medical practice. That choice of words is not coincidence. While these professionals are highly technical and require care and skill there is also no one way to do them. They are fields were even professionals continue to learn and improve there skills but there is never complete mastery. They’re not gods, they are still humans who can and do make errors in judgement.

mickEblu

Have you ever noticed that professionals are described as practicing? They practice architecture or practice law or practice medicine. A business of doctors is also called a medical practice. That choice of words is not coincidence. While these professionals are highly technical and require care and skill there is also no one way to do them. They are fields were even professionals continue to learn and improve there skills but there is never complete mastery. They’re not gods, they are still humans who can and do make errors in judgement.

Everything except practice what they preach.

Cough cough Newsome and those sitting next to him at the indoor restaurant.

I think you need to acknowledge that these people think that they are capable of managing the risks how they see fit while obviously thinking us low class peasants do not possess those same skills.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Are you running a telethon we don't know about??

lazyboy97o

Everything except practice what they preach.
This isn’t the case of a few aristocrats insisting on something and ignoring it themselves. The concerns and recommendations are from across the medical and public health community all across the world. Even in “no lockdown” Sweden, where amusement parks were never allowed to open or had a path to opening, doctors and health officials still encouraged people to minimize their interactions with others.

D

Deleted member 107043

So true. The complexity of governing a large city, state, or nation isn't necessarily an ability for which one can train. Winning an election in our democracy is often more akin to winning a popularity contest than an acknowledgement that the winning candidate has the best policies or the sharpest leadership skills. Newsom messed up, but the public guidance he's promoting isn't invalid because of it.

mickEblu

This isn’t the case of a few aristocrats insisting on something and ignoring it themselves. The concerns and recommendations are from across the medical and public health community all across the world. Even in “no lockdown” Sweden, where amusement parks were never allowed to open or had a path to opening, doctors and health officials still encouraged people to minimize their interactions with others.

I’m not saying that none of what they are saying isn’t working. I just think that when you have these people displaying that level of arrogance/ hypocrisy and breaking their own rules while people are losing their livelihoods and businesses BECAUSE of the very guidelines/ rules they implemented is unacceptable. It doesn’t mean we shouldn’t follow the guidelines. I think masks and social distancing work. With that said I also think many of the arbitrary guidelines that come after those 2 things need to be looked at and I question how much or what science/ data they are really based on. For example the whole indoor/ outdoor thing. I believe you are much safer in a socially distanced line inside Pirates of the Caribbean with masks on then you are with your mask off eating outside at a restaurant. Because common sense. But what do I know? I also think that stay at home orders don’t work as you re making sure more people stay at home and spread during more private gatherings as opposed to being in public with a mask with people who are largely following all the rules.

So yeah these arbitrary rules need to be looked at because people are losing their businesses, jobs and mental health. Meanwhile others are flying to Maui or having a $400 plate of pasta inside a restaurant when they told the rest of us we can’t.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

I just think that when you have these people displaying that level of arrogance/ hypocrisy and breaking their own rules while people are losing their livelihoods and businesses BECAUSE of the very guidelines/ rules they implemented is unacceptable.

The guidelines are not theirs. They are universal recommendations most nations are following to protect their citizens and relieve the onslaught of patients at hospitals. People's livelihoods are being destroyed globally as a result of the virus not because of Newsom. DLP and HKDL aren't closed because of a mandate made by the governor of California.

el_super

I’m not saying that none of what they are saying isn’t working. I just think that when you have these people displaying that level of arrogance/ hypocrisy and breaking their own rules while people are losing their livelihoods and businesses BECAUSE of the very guidelines/ rules they implemented is unacceptable.

Maybe its worth pointing out again that Newsom, who is not a medical professional, is not the one creating the guidelines. They are coming from the Cal Dept of Public Health.

And Newsom hasn't done anything that thousands of others (and even some on this board have done). Are we going to start calling out the posters here who have openly defied the same rules? Maybe we should start sharpening the pitchforks.

Maybe fines and/or jail time will change attitudes and if people violate them, they will have an actual debt to society to make up.

mickEblu

Maybe its worth pointing out again that Newsom, who is not a medical professional, is not the one creating the guidelines. They are coming from the Cal Dept of Public Health.

And Newsom hasn't done anything that thousands of others (and even some on this board have done). Are we going to start calling out the posters here who have openly defied the same rules? Maybe we should start sharpening the pitchforks.

Maybe fines and/or jail time will change attitudes and if people violate them, they will have an actual debt to society to make up.

Ummmm weren’t some of the people next to him medical professionals?

mickEblu

The guidelines are not theirs. They are universal recommendations most nations are following to protect their citizens and relieve the onslaught of patients at hospitals. People's livelihoods are being destroyed globally as a result of the virus not because of Newsom. DLP and HKDL aren't closed because of a mandate made by the governor of California.

But they are the ones implementing them in California... and breaking them

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom