Politics Theme Park Reopening Guidelines to be released 10/20/20

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

Sailor310

TP, you're worse than Darkbeer at dropping little hints about something cool and then not following through. You've intimated that you have a convertible with a "neckscarf" that young men at a strip club think is really cool. OK, give. What kind of convertible is it?

SuddenStorm

TP, you're worse than Darkbeer at dropping little hints about something cool and then not following through. You've intimated that you have a convertible with a "neckscarf" that young men at a strip club think is really cool. OK, give. What kind of convertible is it?
TDA doesn't pay him to talk about that. They just pay him to sway public opinion to be favorable about Disneyland reopening.

TP2000

Greetings from the glamorous Hampton Inn located in beautiful Redding, California! I'm en route to Thanksgiving, and I thought of this thread and my friends here when I drove through Sacramento this afternoon. 🤣

I wanted to take the long route through downtown Sacramento so I could visit the Capitol and sign the guest book in the rotunda using my forum handle TP2000, with maybe a "WDWMAGIC.COM ROCKS!!!" below the signature line.

But realizing they probably have strict Covid restrictions for the guest book since it's not located inside The French Laundry, I had to be satisfied with just honking once on the freeway and saying out loud "Science and Data!".

It's a 1994 Chrysler LeBaron. :cool:

4-68216083-770-0@2X-1080x675.jpg

Last edited:

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Yes. I did. I specifically didn't leave my house until after 10pm. Target was busy, but I got my non-essentials.

In-N-Out was very busy, but I got my chocolate shake. That's actually essential.

It was a brisk fall evening, but I turned on the heat and put the top down and drove over to the Anaheim Resort District.

Here are my photos from about 11pm from Harbor Blvd. and Katella Avenue. The surface streets leading to the Resort District were busy as usual even with the "curfew", but the Ball Road Starbucks and In-N-Out and McDonald's and liquor stores were all open and busy offering essential services. Once I turned south off Ball Road onto Harbor though, the traffic disappeared in the Resort District proper.

View attachment 514658

The area was mostly empty. The only "pedestrians" were actually in sleeping bags passed out in all the bus stops.

View attachment 514659

And since the last time I've driven through, more and more signs are gone off of all the stores and little mom n' pop places that are all covered in black plastic and butcher block paper. The entire Resort District is closed up tight, except for the 7-11 and Downtown Disney itself.

Former home of Jimboy's Tacos and Park Tickets Exchange. None of these Harbor businesses are operating. All the big corporate locations are also closed and boarded up, surrounded by chainlink fencing for the longterm; McDonald's, Starbucks, Panera Bread, all the hotels and motels, etc., etc.

View attachment 514660

Heading back home, I drove east on Ball Road and once you got a few blocks from Harbor the traffic picked up again and life returned to normal. At about 11:30pm as I drove east on Ball Road, I did spot an Essential Business that was booming! It's a place called "Satin Topless", and as you can see their parking lot was packed and gentlemen were parking a block down Ball Road and walking down to the location to wait in line to get in.

As I pulled into this auxiliary parking lot next door and took this quick photo, a few young gentlemen headed towards the Essential Services at Satin Topless complimented me on my choice of car. They asked if I was going inside, and remembering a line that my friend @TheDisneyDaysOfOurLivesrecently gave me, I just shook my In-N-Out milkshake towards them and said "My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard", and they laughed hysterically. I wished them luck and drove away. Phew! That was a bit of a close call.

Essential Services being offered at 11:30pm in Anaheim!

View attachment 514664
You gotta try the neopolitian shake my good sir. Change your life.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

There's no earthly way of knowing
Which direction we are going
There's no knowing where we're rowing
Or which way the river's flowing

Is it raining, is it snowing?
Is a hurricane a-blowing?

Not a speck of light is showing
So the danger must be growing
Are the fires of Hell a-glowing?
Is the grisly Reaper mowing?

Yes! The danger must be growing
For the rowers keep on rowing
And they're certainly not showing
Any signs that they are slowing

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Not that there are any graduates anyways. Just helpless students being shoved through a system to get hem out of it with a severe lack of needed skills for their future.
You know there is an Education related thread where your complaints about the US Education System can be discussed, I suggest you take this there:

LastoneOn

Walked into a gas station, paid for couple of things. It was an even amount.
I asked the guy "How did we manage to do that?"
He says "There are some things better left unknown."
I agree.

Stevek

Original Poster
Yes. I did. I specifically didn't leave my house until after 10pm. Target was busy, but I got my non-essentials.

In-N-Out was very busy, but I got my chocolate shake. That's actually essential.

It was a brisk fall evening, but I turned on the heat and put the top down and drove over to the Anaheim Resort District.

Here are my photos from about 11pm from Harbor Blvd. and Katella Avenue. The surface streets leading to the Resort District were busy as usual even with the "curfew", but the Ball Road Starbucks and In-N-Out and McDonald's and liquor stores were all open and busy offering essential services. Once I turned south off Ball Road onto Harbor though, the traffic disappeared in the Resort District proper.

View attachment 514658

The area was mostly empty. The only "pedestrians" were actually in sleeping bags passed out in all the bus stops.

View attachment 514659

And since the last time I've driven through, more and more signs are gone off of all the stores and little mom n' pop places that are all covered in black plastic and butcher block paper. The entire Resort District is closed up tight, except for the 7-11 and Downtown Disney itself.

Former home of Jimboy's Tacos and Park Tickets Exchange. None of these Harbor businesses are operating. All the big corporate locations are also closed and boarded up, surrounded by chainlink fencing for the longterm; McDonald's, Starbucks, Panera Bread, all the hotels and motels, etc., etc.

View attachment 514660

Heading back home, I drove east on Ball Road and once you got a few blocks from Harbor the traffic picked up again and life returned to normal. At about 11:30pm as I drove east on Ball Road, I did spot an Essential Business that was booming! It's a place called "Satin Topless", and as you can see their parking lot was packed and gentlemen were parking a block down Ball Road and walking down to the location to wait in line to get in.

As I pulled into this auxiliary parking lot next door and took this quick photo, a few young gentlemen headed towards the Essential Services at Satin Topless complimented me on my choice of car. They asked if I was going inside, and remembering a line that my friend @TheDisneyDaysOfOurLivesrecently gave me, I just shook my In-N-Out milkshake towards them and said "My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard", and they laughed hysterically. I wished them luck and drove away. Phew! That was a bit of a close call.

Essential Services being offered at 11:30pm in Anaheim!

View attachment 514664
"Nice" to see the Flamingo Theater directly across from my old office complex is still getting it's intended usage 😂

Giss Neric

It was actually a bit warmer tonight and I got an earlier start a few minutes before curfew started at 10pm, so tonight the Airscarf stayed off and it was a much more successful Milkshake Topless Tour of Anaheim Resort District to celebrate curfew!

I got my milkshake at about 10:15pm and the nice young man working the drive-thru line told me that In-N-Out isn't changing it's hours for California Curfew and will stay open until 1:30am. In his own words "We aren't changing anything, everything is staying the same". Amen young man!

I headed west on Taft that became Ball Road around 10:30pm, and sure enough that convertible tops store was still doing gangbuster business after curfew. I didn't see the same young gentlemen nor their fancy Jeep in the parking lot tonight, so their mother's won't be getting a phone call from me in the morning, but I did pull into the busy overflow parking lot and snapped this pic for you all. Cheers to milkshakes and late-night convertible top stores!

View attachment 514835

That topless store can stay open and packed full of gentlemen perusing new tops for their convertibles after curfew, but this place has been closed for over eight months now. Sacramento Science & Data!

View attachment 514836

The traffic was busy once you left the Resort District, but the streets around Disneyland were noticeably quieter than the rest of Anaheim. Oddly, I did notice some non-homeless pedestrians walking around; I got the feeling they were kicked out of Downtown Disney at "curfew" but weren't in the mood to go home so they were just strolling the Resort District with their kids and shopping bags on the lovely fall evening. Like in the photo above. Kind of weird.

I also noticed a different crew camping at this bus stop tonight. World Class Resort District!

View attachment 514837
Speaking of In-N-Out. In-N-Out is good but no way more than one hour wait good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom