Politics Theme Park Reopening Guidelines to be released 10/20/20

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

October82

Ok, I think I figured this out.

Due to the Governor and his spouse attending a risky event.

His whole family should isolate for at least 14 days.

That means everyone in his household must stay at home for 2 weeks, no going out for anything.

Also, nobody shall enter their residence for 14 days.

Meetings with his staff and others by phone and video conferencing only.

The Kids can't go to school, or have tutors come to the residence.

Food must be ordered online and dropped off on the patio.

But I am not holding my breath.

I am not sure what you think you figured out. The CDC only recommends quarantining if you have been in close contact with a confirmed (either positive test or symptomatic) case of Covid-19.

People who have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19—excluding people who have had COVID-19 within the past 3 months.

People who have tested positive for COVID-19 do not need to quarantine or get tested again for up to 3 months as long as they do not develop symptoms again. People who develop symptoms again within 3 months of their first bout of COVID-19 may need to be tested again if there is no other cause identified for their symptoms.

What counts as close contact?

• You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more
  • You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19
  • You had direct physical contact with the person (hugged or kissed them)
  • You shared eating or drinking utensils
  • They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you

TP2000

How dare someone post about wanting to go to a theme park on a Disneyland board! The audacity!

Don't worry, I'll change the subject...

I took a nap today. So at 10pm tonight to celebrate the first night of the 10pm statewide curfew that no one is actually enforcing, about an hour from now, I'm going to drive down the hill to Target and pick up a few non-essential items; Downy "Calm" scented fabric softener, some of those fake twigs with the little twinkly LED lights in them, and Fiji bottled water and packs of mixed nuts to take on my upcoming drive to my niece's house in Oregon.

Target is open until 11pm because it's "essential". Next week it starts closing at Midnight for Christmas! Essential.

Then I'm driving up the street to In-N-Out for a chocolate shake. Then maybe enjoy my shake with a drive over to the Anaheim Resort District and see how the homeless guys partying in the bus stops are doing on this beautiful fall evening.

In-N-Out is open until 1:30am because it's "essential".

Happy California Covid Curfew everyone! :D

I took a nap today. So at 10pm tonight to celebrate the first night of the 10pm statewide curfew that no one is actually enforcing, about an hour from now, I'm going to drive down the hill to Target and pick up a few non-essential items; Downy "Calm" scented fabric softener, some of those fake twigs with the little twinkly LED lights in them, and Fiji bottled water and packs of mixed nuts to take on my upcoming drive to my niece's house in Oregon.

Target is open until 11pm because it's "essential". Next week it starts closing at Midnight for Christmas! Essential.

Then I'm driving up the street to In-N-Out for a chocolate shake. Then maybe enjoy my shake with a drive over to the Anaheim Resort District and see how the homeless guys partying in the bus stops are doing on this beautiful fall evening.

Going out in direct order of Lord Newsom's decree.... are you that intent on killing grandmas?

Darkbeer1

I was just here...

20201120_201633-XL.jpg

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Curfew doesn’t start until tomorrow (Saturday) night at 10pm.

TP2000

Going out in direct order of Lord Newsom's decree.... are you that intent on killing grandmas?

Yes. I did. I specifically didn't leave my house until after 10pm. Target was busy, but I got my non-essentials.

In-N-Out was very busy, but I got my chocolate shake. That's actually essential.

It was a brisk fall evening, but I turned on the heat and put the top down and drove over to the Anaheim Resort District.

Here are my photos from about 11pm from Harbor Blvd. and Katella Avenue. The surface streets leading to the Resort District were busy as usual even with the "curfew", but the Ball Road Starbucks and In-N-Out and McDonald's and liquor stores were all open and busy offering essential services. Once I turned south off Ball Road onto Harbor though, the traffic disappeared in the Resort District proper.

IMG_0529 (2).JPG

The area was mostly empty. The only "pedestrians" were actually in sleeping bags passed out in all the bus stops.

IMG_0537 (2).JPG

And since the last time I've driven through, more and more signs are gone off of all the stores and little mom n' pop places that are all covered in black plastic and butcher block paper. The entire Resort District is closed up tight, except for the 7-11 and Downtown Disney itself.

Former home of Jimboy's Tacos and Park Tickets Exchange. None of these Harbor businesses are operating. All the big corporate locations are also closed and boarded up, surrounded by chainlink fencing for the longterm; McDonald's, Starbucks, Panera Bread, all the hotels and motels, etc., etc.

IMG_0539 (2).JPG

Heading back home, I drove east on Ball Road and once you got a few blocks from Harbor the traffic picked up again and life returned to normal. At about 11:30pm as I drove east on Ball Road, I did spot an Essential Business that was booming! It's a place called "Satin Topless", and as you can see their parking lot was packed and gentlemen were parking a block down Ball Road and walking down to the location to wait in line to get in.

As I pulled into this auxiliary parking lot next door and took this quick photo, a few young gentlemen headed towards the Essential Services at Satin Topless complimented me on my choice of car. They asked if I was going inside, and remembering a line that my friend @TheDisneyDaysOfOurLivesrecently gave me, I just shook my In-N-Out milkshake towards them and said "My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard", and they laughed hysterically. I wished them luck and drove away. Phew! That was a bit of a close call.

Essential Services being offered at 11:30pm in Anaheim!

IMG_0570 (2).JPG

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Oh, heck. You're right! Tonight's curfew is only for LA County. You mean I have to go back to Satin Topless again tomorrow night and report back???
I wish I lived somewhere warm enough that I could drive a convertible more than 4 months a year, so jealous. Wouldn't satin be a bit delicate for a roof? Now I'm back out have fun bickering with your friends

TP2000

I wish I lived somewhere warm enough that I could drive a convertible more than 4 months a year, so jealous. Wouldn't satin be a bit delicate for a roof? Now I'm back out have fun bickering with your friends

It was brisk tonight, dashboard said 58 degrees at 11pm. But they make convertibles now with these neck warmer vents hysterically called "Airscarf" in the manual that blows warm air at the back of your head while you drive. It extends the convertible season quite a bit, even in SoCal.

I can't believe I confused the curfew starting for Los Angeles County tonight at 10pm for the statewide curfew that starts tomorrow at 10pm! I have resigned myself to going back to check on the parking lot of Satin Topless again tomorrow evening, just to make it right. Plus another In-N-Out milkshake.

But if those young gentlemen I met tonight are back there again tomorrow night, I'm calling their mothers!

Figgy1

Premium Member
It was brisk tonight, dashboard said 58 degrees at 11pm. But they make convertibles now with these neck warmer vents hysterically called "Airscarf" in the manual that blows warm air at the back of your head while you drive. It extends the convertible season quite a bit, even in SoCal.

I can't believe I confused the curfew starting for Los Angeles County tonight at 10pm for the statewide curfew that starts tomorrow at 10pm! I have resigned myself to going back to check on the parking lot of Satin Topless again tomorrow evening, just to make it right. Plus another In-N-Out milkshake.

But if those young gentlemen I met tonight are back there again tomorrow night, I'm calling their mothers!
Will swap for 48 which will be our high for today and why would there be a store just for convertible tops? Satin ones at that? Now back to the bickering

MarvelCharacterNerd

For breaking curfew or for not having anywhere better to go two nights in a row than an enclosed crowded building?

I mean, it's not like there's anywhere else in Anaheim - that has acres of outdoor space - that could be open and providing entertainment - of a different sort - to young bored individuals...

EricsBiscuit

Imagine still holding to a point of view this untethered from reality after being shown concrete data proving that CA's COViD mitigation efforts are working. People are literally on here making up their own definitions of the truth.
Please stay in California that is all I ask. Do not move to Texas or Florida and ruin our states please and thank you!

TP2000

Will swap for 48 which will be our high for today and why would there be a store just for convertible tops? Satin ones at that? Now back to the bickering

It was actually a bit warmer tonight and I got an earlier start a few minutes before curfew started at 10pm, so tonight the Airscarf stayed off and it was a much more successful Milkshake Topless Tour of Anaheim Resort District to celebrate curfew!

I got my milkshake at about 10:15pm and the nice young man working the drive-thru line told me that In-N-Out isn't changing it's hours for California Curfew and will stay open until 1:30am. In his own words "We aren't changing anything, everything is staying the same". Amen young man!

I headed west on Taft that became Ball Road around 10:30pm, and sure enough that convertible tops store was still doing gangbuster business after curfew. I didn't see the same young gentlemen nor their fancy Jeep in the parking lot tonight, so their mother's won't be getting a phone call from me in the morning, but I did pull into the busy overflow parking lot and snapped this pic for you all. Cheers to milkshakes and late-night convertible top stores!

IMG_0575 (2).JPG

That topless store can stay open and packed full of gentlemen perusing new tops for their convertibles after curfew, but this place has been closed for over eight months now. Sacramento Science & Data!

IMG_0593 (2).JPG

The traffic was busy once you left the Resort District, but the streets around Disneyland were noticeably quieter than the rest of Anaheim. Oddly, I did notice some non-homeless pedestrians walking around; I got the feeling they were kicked out of Downtown Disney at "curfew" but weren't in the mood to go home so they were just strolling the Resort District with their kids and shopping bags on the lovely fall evening. Like in the photo above. Kind of weird.

I also noticed a different crew camping at this bus stop tonight. World Class Resort District!

IMG_0588 (2).JPG

Last edited:

mickEblu

OK...

The only clear course of action then is just to shut this thread down.
It's evident there's nothing to actually discuss in regards to Disneyland or The Guidelines™ that would make everyone happy or not call into question the actions of certain political figures.

At this point, haven't we really all said what we've intended to say anyway? No one is changing thoughts or opinions. How many different ways are there to say the same thing?? This is conversational bumper cars.

Have fun if you want to keep going, and I know I've said this before, but this time, I'm out. ✌️

I’m with you. Call me when there is something good to talk about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom