Politics Theme Park Reopening Guidelines to be released 10/20/20

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

lazyboy97o

Isn't that the point of American democracy? People get to enact the laws that they see fit.
Not really, and it’s exactly the sort of thing the founders warned about. It gets into the classic argument of democracy versus republicanism, rule of the people versus the rule of law. There are actions that are wrong and inappropriate even if supported by a super majority. Hamilton argued against the Bill of Rights because of wording we now see, the concept of “constitutional rights” which implies and is often understood to mean that the Constitution, the government, grants those rights.

Stevek

Original Poster
Who wants to endanger others? I think we have pretty well identified the most vulnerable and we need to protect them with strong yet reasonable
measures. For the vast majority it’s not deadly, and those of us who fall into that category need to be cautious, but moving the country forward, while protecting those in our immediate and extended families who might be vulnerable.
Everyone I know is already doing this!
There have been plenty of non-high risk people that have died from this. Yes, there are some that are very vulnerable there are others that seem very healthy and die with no underlying conditions. Unfortunately, people think that we should ONLY protect those that are most vulnerable.

mickEblu

There have been plenty of non-high risk people that have died from this. Yes, there are some that are very vulnerable there are others that seem very healthy and die with no underlying conditions. Unfortunately, people think that we should ONLY protect those that are most vulnerable.

We should protect everybody and anyone who is social distancing and wearing masks is doing that. We are discussing those that are most vulnerable as they require the extra attention and care.

Stevek

Original Poster
FYI @TP2000 @Darkbeer1 The Anaheim hotel is offering free public parking for downtown Disney! Big banner out front
According to RatChat, The Anaheim Hotel is actually $10 with a voucher posted on their site.

MiceChat-Anaheim-Hotel-Parking-Offer-3.png

lazyboy97o

We should protect everybody and anyone who is social distancing and wearing masks is doing that. We are discussing those that are most vulnerable as they require the extra attention and care.
Masks and social distancing are not protection, they are mitigation that is less effective than minimizing person-to-person interaction.

Are you going to tell us what extra attention for the most vulnerable actually entails?

TP2000

Hiding? He posted this on Twitter 3 hours ago.

View attachment 514354

You can't get questioned by the media when your assistant Tweets from your office Twitter account.

He skipped the press conferences today rolling out the statewide curfew. He is avoiding all public events and press conferences. He's going to remain in hiding for at least a few more days, waiting for this to blow over.

In a non-holiday period, I would expect him to reappear later next week. But since next week is Thanksgiving and he'll be on vacation, he'll probably stay unseen in public until Monday, November 30th.

D

Deleted member 107043

Just wanted to express my condolences to all you poor folks living in California. Cheers from Florida!

I happened to be looking at Covid metrics from your state just now, and things don't look good. Our governor is imperfect, but our state is doing quite well overall for virus containment compared to the rest of the US at the moment. According to NYT analysis of Oxford data the surge is worst in places where leaders neglected to keep up forceful virus containment efforts or failed to implement basic measures like mask mandates.

1605844044556.png
1605844061671.png

I'll note that since the pandemic began Florida ranks 20th overall in cases per million while California ranks 42nd. The Sunshine State ranks 14th for Covid deaths per million while the Golden State is currently sitting at 35th.

Cheers from California!

EricsBiscuit

I happened to be looking at Covid metrics from your state just now, and things don't look good. Our governor is imperfect, but our state is doing quite well overall for virus containment compared to the rest of the US at the moment. According to NYT analysis of Oxford data the surge is worst in places where leaders neglected to keep up forceful virus containment efforts or failed to implement basic measures like mask mandates.

View attachment 514383View attachment 514384
I'll note that since the pandemic began Florida ranks 20th overall in cases per million while California ranks 42nd. The Sunshine State ranks 14th for Covid deaths per million while the Golden State is currently sitting at 35th.

Cheers from California!
Youre killing your state over a virus with a 99.9% survival rate. If you think you’re better off because of that, please stay in California!

Darkbeer1

Ok, I think I figured this out.

Due to the Governor and his spouse attending a risky event.

His whole family should isolate for at least 14 days.

That means everyone in his household must stay at home for 2 weeks, no going out for anything.

Also, nobody shall enter their residence for 14 days.

Meetings with his staff and others by phone and video conferencing only.

The Kids can't go to school, or have tutors come to the residence.

Food must be ordered online and dropped off on the patio.

But I am not holding my breath.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

Youre killing your state over a virus with a 99.9% survival rate. If you think you’re better off because of that, please stay in California!

Imagine still holding to a point of view this untethered from reality after being shown concrete data proving that CA's COViD mitigation efforts are working. People are literally on here making up their own definitions of the truth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom