Politics Theme Park Reopening Guidelines to be released 10/20/20

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm still not sure what "MAGA aligned political arguments" are if they are not in alignment with Donald Trump. I'm pretty much in alignment with Donald Trump on COVID; it's actually a serious issue, you need to take care of yourself if you are old and sickly, but you can't live your life in fear forever because eventually we all die. And if you catch it, trust your doctors and take it easy until you can get back to work and to life.

That said, I didn't poke fun at Pelosi's hair (I actually was complimentary about how fabulous she looks, especially for 80 years old). I poked fun at Pelosi's blatant hypocrisy and illicit behavior in her own congressional district. If you don't think that's a problem, or you think the hairdresser lured her into that speakeasy under false pretenses, then state that and we can move on.

But unless someone is ready to say that, Nancy Pelosi's blatant COVID hypocrisy, her illicit behavior in her home district, and her immediate decision to blame the help when she was caught speaks for itself.

As for Governor Newsom, I am not mocking his decision to host a dinner party. He didn't do that. He and the First Partner traveled to a different county to attend a birthday dinner in a small private dining room at The French Laundry with 10 other people from five other households. That process took deliberate planning and purpose to achieve and required at least 6 or 7 hours of his time, he didn't just forget to put his mask on for a moment. That is in direct violation of his own "Mandatory Requirements" for "Gatherings" that he released on October 9th.

Newsom purposely broke his own rules and kept it quiet for a week. Then he got caught, so he issued a gobbledygook half-apology about "modeling better behavior". At least he didn't blame the help like his aunt did.

And somehow that all becomes the fault of "MAGA" and "Qanon"??? How the heck do you figure that?

Newsom is the guy who wants Disneyland to remain closed until well into 2021, and then only reopen at 25% of its capacity indefinitely. But he's so unafraid of COVID and his own mandates himself that he willingly violates every rule in the book that he himself created to ostensibly prevent the spread of COVID. If I'm a TDA exec or an out of work Jungle Cruise Skipper, I'm going to be awfully upset about that. Aren't you??? o_O

First of all, I think it was stupid for both Nancy and Gavin to do either of those things. I'll call them out right here and now, and I'm a proud Democrat.

Second of all, Newsom has never once stated that theme parks will stay at 25% capacity indefinitely. That is your own dramatic narrative that you have been trying spout here for months. Theme parks will reopen fully once the pandemic is over. And I know you like to misquote something Newsom said. But the pandemic is over when the vaccine is given out to enough Californians. That is when things go back to "Green".

D

Deleted member 107043

And somehow that all becomes the fault of "MAGA" and "Qanon"??? How the heck do you figure that?

tenor.gif

Disney Irish

Premium Member
25% capacity with zip code restrictions is not opening fully. By hasn’t worked, do you mean not meeting Newsoms ridiculous tier criteria?
I was talking about back in May when we tried to start reopening everything fully.

Also a lot things prior to today were opened at more than 25% and didn't have zip code restrictions.

WDW has been open for months, are we much better off than Florida? Or even better at all?
Florida at half the size of California has more cases at over 10k. So I wouldn't hold Florida up as some beacon of health.

mickEblu

I was talking about back in May when we tried to start reopening everything fully.

Also a lot things prior to today were opened at more than 25% and didn't have zip code restrictions.

Florida at half the size of California has more cases at over 10k. So I wouldn't hold Florida up as some beacon of health.

I think you responded before I edited my post but either way we can agree to disagree.

mickEblu

First of all, I think it was stupid for both Nancy and Gavin to do either of those things. I'll call them out right here and now, and I'm a proud Democrat.

Second of all, Newsom has never once stated that theme parks will stay at 25% capacity indefinitely. That is your own dramatic narrative that you have been trying spout here for months. Theme parks will reopen fully once the pandemic is over. And I know you like to misquote something Newsom said. But the pandemic is over when the vaccine is given out to enough Californians. That is when things go back to "Green".

How many adults that aren’t getting booster shots now for other things (which is the vast majority of adults) do you think are going to line up for this fast tracked vaccine? 10% Mayyyyyyyybe 20% and I think I’m being very generous

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think you responded before I edited my post but either way we can agree to disagree.
I can't help it if I'm faster than you editing your posts, lol.

But yes I agree with can agree to disagree. I get your points, and would have even been onboard with them back in May/June (I believe I even stated some similar ideas back then). But we are in a different world now. This nation is hitting new records daily and its like to get worse before it gets better. Just throwing up our hands and saying "screw it" does have some appeal, but I believe we're better than that as a nation.

TP2000

If the Governor of the largest and most affluent state in the union, a man who uses lots of very impressive words and is privy to all the latest information, is not afraid of attending a dinner party in a small dining room with 10 other people, then I'm not going to be afraid to go to Thanksgiving dinner with my family.

If Governor Newsom and the First Partner think it's safe to behave like they did, then I feel safe doing the same.

But where did Newsom say that it's over once "enough Californians" get the vaccine, after he slow-walks its availability to the state? And what's "enough Californians"? 50%? 65%? 98%?

About 49% of Californians get a flu shot every year. Is a 49% vaccination rate for COVID going to be "enough"? And last year the flu vaccine was only 45% effective to those who got it, because every year its a crap shoot by the CDC to try and guess which strains will be the most prevalent a year from now. The flu vaccine is often 50% or less effective in any given year. Which is why a lot more school children die of the flu every year than die of COVID.

Regarding the Tiers, Newsom purposely stated in August that there was no Green Tier because he didn't want people to think we'd be going back to normal. I say "indefinitely" because that's exactly what the Yellow Tier is, it's indefinite.

Currently the Tier system has no defined exit strategy and no defined ending. It just goes on indefinitely in the Yellow Tier. At some point in 2021 Sacramento might add a Green Tier, or define how this all ends. But until that happens, no information on that process has been released. And when Newsom was questioned about it in September, he simply stated...

"Newsom said the colors were chosen to designate severity, and purposely don’t include green, which people associate with “go.”

“We don’t put a green because we don’t believe that there is a green light that says go back to the way things were or back to the pre-pandemic mindset,” Newsom said."

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
How many adults that aren’t getting booster shots now for other things (which is the vast majority of adults) do you think are going to line up for this fast tracked vaccine? 10% Mayyyyyyyybe 20% and I think I’m being very generous
If it becomes a requirement to do things I think most adults would. There have been talks about many companies starting to formulate plans to require proof of vaccination prior to entry, such as Ticketmaster. And while there is still a lot to be worked out about all that if it becomes part of the societal requirements in order to participate I think most would.

Not to mention there can always been incentives given out to get people to get vaccinated. I mean we've done massive vaccinations in this country before, so its not unheard of to get a massive nation like ours vaccinated.

TP2000

The issue as has been discussed ad nauseam is that COVID is both symptomatic and asymptomatic. So you could be feeling just fine but still spreading it to your friends/family at that "very naughty" Thanksgiving dinner you're so proud of.

So yes everyone should get tested even if they aren't feeling sick, and not just once but multiple times. The testing is one of the primary ways of doing contact tracing. Because once you find out if that person is infected through the testing you can trace who else might be and isolate all of them. Its why the state puts so much emphasis on testing as a measure of how well the counties are doing.

I've only been tested once. How many times have you been tested?

mickEblu

If it becomes a requirement to do things I think most adults would. There have been talks about many companies starting to formulate plans to require proof of vaccination prior to entry, such as Ticketmaster. And while there is still a lot to be worked out about all that if it becomes part of the societal requirements in order to participate I think most would.

Not to mention there can always been incentives given out to get people to get vaccinated. I mean we've done massive vaccinations in this country before, so its not unheard of to get a massive nation like ours vaccinated.

This sounds crazy. This is still America right?

TP2000

Twice a month for the last 6 months, so 12 times.

Okay, your 12 times can cover my next testing visit then. I'm not going to go do it again. It was fun once, but also kind of gross and creepy.

FYI, I just went to the California Department of Public Health website, and they are still only saying that people who have symptoms should get tested. There's no statement that people without symptoms should go get tested to help with any extra credit score for their county. Only people with COVID symptoms. Here's their infographic...

Get-Tested-Web-March24-03.png

That came from this website...

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This sounds crazy. This is still America right?
Yes it is, and we require kids get vaccinated to attend school, especially in this state. So why can't we require the families to get vaccinated right along with the kids for COVID. Or if you don't like that, I mean we did have a nationwide vaccination campaign for Polio, where everyone thought it was their civic duty to get the vaccine. So why can't we do that for COVID?

TP2000

Perhaps then, you also feel it is safe to apologize and admit you were wrong.

I already said that I'm saving my "modeling better behavior" public statement for the day after Thanksgiving. The statement will be released through a spokesman. (Does anyone want to be my spokesman? Any volunteers?)

Or maybe I'll wait a full week? Yeah, I think I'll wait the full week before I release a statement. Via my spokesman.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Okay, your 12 times can cover my next testing visit then. I'm not going to go do it again. It was fun once, but also kind of gross and creepy.

FYI, I just went to the California Department of Public Health website, and they are still only saying that people who have symptoms should get tested. There's no statement that people without symptoms should go get tested to help with any extra credit score for their county. Only people with COVID symptoms. Here's their infographic...

Get-Tested-Web-March24-03.png

That came from this website...
No where does that say don't get a test unless you're sick. And when you're sick it only says don't get a test unless you're doctor says so.

TP2000

No where does that say don't get a test unless you're sick. And when you're sick it only says don't get a test unless you're doctor says so.

Read the whole page. No where does it say to go get a test even if you aren't sick.

It only says to contact your doctor if you exhibiting the following symptoms; fever, coughing, shortness of breath. Then your doctor will tell you whether or not you need to come in for a test. If your doctor doesn't return your call, and your symptoms become severe, go to the emergency room.

From the state's Covid Dashboard site, which is separate from the California Department of Public Health for a reason only bureaucrats can explain, is this instruction for Californian's inquiring about testing...

You should get tested if you:
  • Had close contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19
  • Have COVID-19 symptoms
  • Get a call from a contact tracer
  • Are at high risk
If you think you may have been exposed, call your doctor.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Read the whole page. No where does it say to go get a test even if you aren't sick.

It only says to contact your doctor if you exhibiting the following symptoms; fever, coughing, shortness of breath. Then your doctor will tell you whether or not you need to come in for a test. If your doctor doesn't return your call, and your symptoms become severe, go to the emergency room.

From the state's Covid Dashboard site, which is separate from the California Department of Public Health for a reason only bureaucrats can explain, is this instruction for Californian's inquiring about testing...

• Have COVID-19 symptoms
  • Are at high risk

You've just proven my point, no where does the state say "Don't get tested unless you're sick". So you if you want to interpret that to only mean "only get tested when you're sick", that is on you.

But going back to the state metrics, there is a clear mandate to test as many people as possible, sick or not.

TP2000

You've just proven my point, no where does the state say "Don't get tested unless you're sick". So you if you want to interpret that to only mean "only get tested when you're sick", that is on you.

But going back to the state metrics, there is a clear mandate to test as many people as possible, sick or not.

That is an absolutely fascinating interpretation of these rather simple words from the State of California;

• Have COVID-19 symptoms
  • Are at high risk

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom