Politics Theme Park Reopening Guidelines to be released 10/20/20

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

Mac Tonight

Most of the state went back to Purple today, even San Francisco went back to Red from Yellow today. Cases have skyrocketed over the weekend, averaging close to 10k per day now.

This is what happens when people want to blame and make fun of the guidelines instead of doing the actual work needed to bring down cases.

Everyone please, just wear a mask, wash your hands frequently (even more than normal), and socially distance. Its very simple and takes no real effort on your part.
Wait, so making fun of the hypocritical CA Governor is why Covid is still around??

Because I thought after seeing a week's worth of Biden victory celebrations mass gatherings around the nation that Covid was eradicated.

lazyboy97o

Wait, so making fun of the hypocritical CA Governor is why Covid is still around??

Because I thought after seeing a week's worth of Biden victory celebrations mass gatherings around the nation that Covid was eradicated.
This isn’t just mocking the hypocrisy of one person. It is a guy pretending to be elderly specifically encouraging people to ignore the advice of medical and public health experts from around the world.

Mac Tonight

This isn’t just mocking the hypocrisy of one person. It is a guy pretending to be elderly specifically encouraging people to ignore the advice of medical and public health experts from around the world.
Well, for the record, I don't ascribe to the teachings... I just need a laugh every now and then.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Those two things aren't mutually exclusive. I wear my mask far and away more than I probably need to when I go outside... and I still think the Governor is full of it.
Then you aren't the issue, its the others out there that aren't wearing masks and making "fun" like certain posters here, and doing the other mitigations needed to combat this virus.

Besides, Covid isn't just "exploding" in CA.
Not sure what you mean.

Stevek

Original Poster
This thread has become a safe zone for MAGA and Qanon ideologies and is no longer about Disneyland or effective policies/guidelines to reopen DLR during the pandemic. It's way past time to move this discussion to Politics.
This already has a politics tag so I doubt it's moving. That being said, I'd hardly call it a safe zone for MAGA as many, like me, have been proponents for mask wearing, social distancing and sharing info about potential vaccine options.

Mac Tonight

This already has a politics tag so I doubt it's moving. That being said, I'd hardly call it a safe zone for MAGA as many, like me, have been proponents for mask wearing, social distancing and sharing info about potential vaccine options.
Yeah, I feel like if anything, it's the opposite. Typically in a "safe space" you don't get singled out and ganged up on for having a different viewpoint. To each their own, I suppose.

lazyboy97o

The type of deliberate misinformation posted in these threads is shut down and posting privileges are revoked in the Walt Disney World thread. Not sure why @wdwmagic allows it here.

truecoat

Yeah, I feel like if anything, it's the opposite. Typically in a "safe space" you don't get singled out and ganged up on for having a different viewpoint. To each their own, I suppose.

Feeling repressed by others having a different viewpoint is almost like being told to wear a mask I guess.

TP2000

I wonder how much they pay people to get exposed to coronavirus for this test.

At the start of the summer I told my VA doctor that I'd be happy to take part in a vaccine trial. He laughed, but then looked me in the eye and said I was too healthy to take part in all the trials he was aware of. :(

Once you get to be, ahem, a certain age, apparently all the companies were only wanting trial participants that had long term "co-morbidities" like diabetes, renal failure, lung disease, heart disease, etc. :rolleyes:

JustinSt

Most of the state went back to Purple today, even San Francisco went back to Red from Yellow today. Cases have skyrocketed over the weekend, averaging close to 10k per day now.

This is what happens when people want to blame and make fun of the guidelines instead of doing the actual work needed to bring down cases.

Everyone please, just wear a mask, wash your hands frequently (even more than normal), and socially distance. Its very simple and takes no real effort on your part.
From what I see in Orange and La county everyone is wearing masks. They aren’t helping.

TP2000

This thread has become a safe zone for MAGA and Qanon ideologies and is no longer about Disneyland or effective policies/guidelines to reopen DLR during the pandemic. It's way past time to move this discussion to Politics.

Hans, I haven't been posting in this thread much until this weekend, but I haven't seen any recent references to President Trump, or Qanon (which I still don't quite understand what it is). What we have been discussing, mostly at my doing the past 24 hours, is Governor Newsom getting caught violating his own policies and guidance on Gatherings.

Which directly relates to the issue at hand; Disneyland is still closed, with no known date for reopening. The CEO of the Walt Disney Company in a major press interview last week called Governor Newsom's guidelines for reopening theme parks "arbitrary standards". Which they certainly do appear to be.

Especially when Governor Newsom and the First Partner break every rule in the book. The birthday dinner for 12 they attended in a small dining room was November 6th, 10 days ago now. He didn't say anything about "modeling better behavior" until he was caught a week after it happened.

That's not President Trump's fault. The Qanon folks did not make the reservation at The French Laundry for him.

This was all Governor Newsom, who creates arbitrary standards for industries in California to meet.

"Mandatory Requirements For All Gatherings" - October 9, 2020

Meanwhile, Disneyland is still closed. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mac Tonight

Feeling repressed by others having a different viewpoint is almost like being told to wear a mask I guess.
fc0.gif

JustinSt

Hans, I haven't been posting in this thread much until this weekend, but I haven't seen any recent references to President Trump, or Qanon (which I still don't quite understand what it is). What we have been discussing, mostly at my doing the past 24 hours, is Governor Newsom getting caught violating his own policies and guidance on Gatherings.

Which directly relates to the issue at hand; Disneyland is still closed, with no known date for reopening. The CEO of the Walt Disney Company in a major press interview last week called Governor Newsom's guidelines for reopening theme parks "arbitrary standards". Which they certainly do appear to be.

Especially when Governor Newsom and the First Partner break every rule in the book, rules he himself approved, and only say something about it a week later after they get caught. The birthday dinner for 12 they attended in a small dining room was November 6th, 10 days ago now. He didn't say anything about "modeling better behavior" until he was caught a week after it happened.

That's not President Trump's fault. The anonymous figures of Qanon did not make the reservation at The French Laundry.

This was all Governor Newsom, who creates arbitrary standards for industries in California to meet.

"Mandatory Requirements For All Gatherings"
- October 9, 2020

Meanwhile, Disneyland is still closed. :rolleyes:
If the Federal government is not taking the necessary actions to keep people safe, but the state is enforcing strict guidelines on businesses, It’s time for the state to step in and keep its citizens afloat. This can be accomplished thru the federal government by loans. You can’t ask people to stay home from work, without paying them to do so.

TP2000

Being Napa county residents, we decided based on Newsom's science it is safe to have a gathering as long as we stay in this county. So families from neighboring counties will be coming to our house on Thanksgiving and use the aura of Napa county to protect us from COVID.

If it's safe enough for the Governor and First Partner and 10 of their stylish friends, it's safe enough for you! :D

Speaking of beautiful Napa County, let's talk Tiers.

The Tier game is integral to getting Disneyland and all other theme parks reopened. Some counties (Napa, LA) get extra credit for murky reasons that are assumed to be political, and some counties (Orange) get absolutely no credit for murky reasons that are blatantly political. The extra credit results in a lower "Adjusted Case Rate" that is different from the actual Case Rate based on Science and Data.

But that's the rules of the game, and Orange County must learn to play by them. Still, OC appears to be in a much better position than other counties who get lots of extra credit and gold stars. These current figures aren't new trends, they are merely continuations of long term trends. For example, here are the latest number of cases and the Science and Data behind them as of today...

Napa County - Home to The French Laundry
22.1 - New Covid Cases Per 100,000 Residents
14.7 - Adjusted Cases For Tier Assignment

Los Angeles County - Home to Universal Studios
20.6 - New Covid Cases Per 100,000 Residents
13.7 - Adjusted Cases For Tier Assignment

Orange County - Home to Disneyland USA
10.8 - New Covid Cases Per 100,000 Residents
10.8 - Adjusted Cases For Tier Assignment

This isn't an aberration just this week. For the past several months Orange County has only received one adjustment that I noticed, back in October where they were adjusted down a measly 0.1 for one week. Of California's ten mega-counties with millions of people living in each county, Orange County has consistently had one of the lowest actual case rates in the state. But OC never gets "adjusted" downward for good behavior. The die has been cast on that I'm afraid. :(

Looking ahead to 2021, it's to be a very difficult task for Orange County to achieve and thus for Disneyland to reopen.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom