Politics Theme Park Reopening Guidelines to be released 10/20/20

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

fctiger

We have to at least face reality. This is the state we're in. If you can live with that fine, but denying it or pretend it's all a conspiracy doesn't help anyone. It's not disappearing and we're not turning the corner. We need to stop with this nonsense and come up with a real plan before we lose total control of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuddenStorm

I fully expect Covid to change how Disneyland is operated forever. The amount of employees lost at all levels of the park and the likely significant changes to operations and entertainment will likely never revert back to how things were in January.

There's gonna be so many new employees, new procedures, etc that even when things are back to normal Disneyland won't be exactly the same. I anticipate the impact to linger in the same way Pressler and Harris left a mark the resort is still trying to recover from.

SplashGhost

I fully expect Covid to change how Disneyland is operated forever. The amount of employees lost at all levels of the park and the likely significant changes to operations and entertainment will likely never revert back to how things were in January.

There's gonna be so many new employees, new procedures, etc that even when things are back to normal Disneyland won't be exactly the same. I anticipate the impact to linger in the same way Pressler and Harris left a mark the resort is still trying to recover from.

The Splash Mountain retheme announcement made me incredibly pessimistic about the future of the parks, but all the recent layoffs point to a bleak future for the parks as well.

Galaxy's Edge was supposed to be a dawn of a new era for the Disneyland Resort, instead it feels like it marked the beginning of the end.

TP2000

Confirmed cases are surging all across Europe this fall. Disneyland Paris is now closing tomorrow, and will remain closed for four months.

The reclosure of Disneyland Paris as European countries head back into a lockdown to fight a second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic could have far-reaching impacts on Disneyland and other California theme parks still hoping to reopen under newly issued state guidelines.

The Disneyland Paris resort will reclose on Friday, Oct. 30 in line with the latest direction from the French authorities, according to the park’s website.

France’s monthlong lockdown amid a spike in COVID-19 infections will last until Dec. 1 at a minimum with the reclosure dates reevaluated every two weeks as the country battles a second wave of coronavirus outbreaks.

The Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney Studios Park theme parks will be closed through Feb. 12, according to the park’s website. The Disney resort outside Paris is taking reservations for Dec. 19 to Jan. 3 in hopes of reopening for the Christmas holiday season based on government guidance and prevailing coronavirus conditions in the country.

Theme parks in Germany, Italy and Belgium have also announced reclosures amid government lockdowns across Europe.

A four-month reclosure of Disneyland Paris during the winter flu season does not bode well for Disney’s two Anaheim theme parks.

Gov. Gavin Newsom has cited rising COVID-19 case rates around the country and the world for his administration’s “slow, stubborn and stringent” approach to reopening California theme parks.

“The bottom line is we are seeing an increase in the transmission rates of COVID-19 in the vast majority of states in this nation that should be alarming to all Americans,” Newsom said regarding California theme parks during a news conference this week. “We’re seeing around the world increased case rates, some very notably in countries that tended to experience increased rates at the beginning of this pandemic about a month or so before we experienced them here in the United States.”

spock8113

Theme Park Reopening Guidelines to be released 10/20/20​

https:///2020/10/disneyland-paris-closes-again-kc1/

To the best of my recollection (an indicted politician's favorite phrase) the virus is beginning another wave and if I recall as well, the last time Europe got it bad (Italy, then France, then England) the U.S. was about 2 weeks behind. I don't see anyone stopping travel from these countries........yet. My point, "Reopening Guidelines" are a joke and the impending second wave of COVID is precisely why Disneyland never re-opened. The knew, and they know. Question is, how long before the Florida Theme Parks begin to shut down again.
Like "The Money Pit" contractors, I say "Two weeks."!

Stevek

Original Poster

Theme Park Reopening Guidelines to be released 10/20/20​

https:///2020/10/disneyland-paris-closes-again-kc1/

To the best of my recollection (an indicted politician's favorite phrase) the virus is beginning another wave and if I recall as well, the last time Europe got it bad (Italy, then France, then England) the U.S. was about 2 weeks behind. I don't see anyone stopping travel from these countries........yet. My point, "Reopening Guidelines" are a joke and the impending second wave of COVID is precisely why Disneyland never re-opened. The knew, and they know. Question is, how long before the Florida Theme Parks begin to shut down again.
Like "The Money Pit" contractors, I say "Two weeks."!
Not sure their governor will shut them down again.

As for the second wave in the US, we're already starting it.

lazyboy97o

I don't see anyone stopping travel from these countries........yet.
It never reopened.

France, Germany and Italy are simply not allowing US citizens to enter.

The UK is allowing entry but requires a quarantine.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I thought we had a Second Wave. So is this the Third Wave?
At this point it's semantics.

The second wave never got lower than the peak of the first wave. At some point they're not waves or spikes, they're steps.

1604013503832.png

GimpYancIent

Confirmed cases are surging all across Europe this fall. Disneyland Paris is now closing tomorrow, and will remain closed for four months.

The reclosure of Disneyland Paris as European countries head back into a lockdown to fight a second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic could have far-reaching impacts on Disneyland and other California theme parks still hoping to reopen under newly issued state guidelines.

The Disneyland Paris resort will reclose on Friday, Oct. 30 in line with the latest direction from the French authorities, according to the park’s website.

France’s monthlong lockdown amid a spike in COVID-19 infections will last until Dec. 1 at a minimum with the reclosure dates reevaluated every two weeks as the country battles a second wave of coronavirus outbreaks.

The Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney Studios Park theme parks will be closed through Feb. 12, according to the park’s website. The Disney resort outside Paris is taking reservations for Dec. 19 to Jan. 3 in hopes of reopening for the Christmas holiday season based on government guidance and prevailing coronavirus conditions in the country.

Theme parks in Germany, Italy and Belgium have also announced reclosures amid government lockdowns across Europe.

A four-month reclosure of Disneyland Paris during the winter flu season does not bode well for Disney’s two Anaheim theme parks.

Gov. Gavin Newsom has cited rising COVID-19 case rates around the country and the world for his administration’s “slow, stubborn and stringent” approach to reopening California theme parks.

“The bottom line is we are seeing an increase in the transmission rates of COVID-19 in the vast majority of states in this nation that should be alarming to all Americans,” Newsom said regarding California theme parks during a news conference this week. “We’re seeing around the world increased case rates, some very notably in countries that tended to experience increased rates at the beginning of this pandemic about a month or so before we experienced them here in the United States.”
DP and DL are half a globe apart. Cali has it's own trend going no relation to what is happening in the EU. On 3 Nov Gov Gav could shock everyone and actually make a decision! Regardless there will be no connection to anything in France.

TP2000

Correct me if I'm wrong but we never got out of the first wave to even begin a second one. We are still dealing with the first wave. It would only be second if we dropped to zero then it came back again.

I watch the news. There's been a lot of Spikes and Surges the past few months.

Sometimes there's even a Spike within a Surge. In a wave.

And then there's the coming Twindemic, once people start catching the flu this winter. Even though Covid is NOT the flu. If you die of Covid instead of the flu, it's a more permanent death than dying of the flu and your state health authority gets to make a scarier infographic based on your Covid death than if you'd died of the flu. Or Pneumonia.

It's all based on Science and Data. ;)

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

America topped over 90,000 new cases today. That is frightening. We may literally be at 100,000 cases a day in a few weeks as Dr. Fauci was predicting months ago. I can't believe America out of all places is having the worst time with this.
The illness has spread, is spreading and will continue to spread masks, social distancing, sanitization and, yes, even the vaccine will not stop it from spreading well into the future. It's not about spread it's about severity. Hospitalization rates is a stat I do not see any emphasis on. Think of it, sadly people getting sick but not sick enough to end up in the hospital or worse. That puts a whole different perspective to the situation.

SevenSevens

Hospitalization rates is a stat I do not see any emphasis on.
This is something the media only pays attention to when it is bad, and usually only in terms of full ICUs. So this week I've seen it covered in regards to El Paso, Wisconsin, etc. Most states due publish the hospitalization information, so it is out there for those that care.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom