Politics Theme Park Reopening Guidelines to be released 10/20/20

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

fctiger

You really can't believe it? IMO it's right on brand with America.

Sadly true. It's just sad all the things we did at the beginning of the pandemic, when were at least trying to be a little responsible about it almost feel like it was all for nothing. The death rare itself has fallen thankfully but we are still the highest deaths in the world and both cases and positivity rate has shot way up compared to before. Doctors are saying the positivity rate shouldn't be higher than 3-5% total and in some states its gone way over that.

TP2000

I'm leaving the country. I figure I'll take my chances in France. They seem to have it together there.

Covid Deaths on October 29th
France, 66 Million Citizens, 545 Covid Deaths
USA, 330 Million Citizens, 943 Covid Deaths

If the USA had the same per capita rate of Covid deaths per day that France does, we'd be seeing 2,750 American deaths per day instead of 950ish.

But go anyway, I bet there's great deals on flights. And order the Bearnaise sauce with everything!

D

Deleted member 107043

It’s cool to hate on your own country now folks.

I wouldn't call it "hating". It's debating ideas, which is what we do and have always done as Americans. We are in a moment of great importance and significance in the history of this nation. Making critical observations about the current state of our government, economy, and society (AKA our brand) is one of the most American things a citizen could do in a time like this, particularly when our response to controlling the pandemic has been so abysmal.

D

Deleted member 107043

If the USA had the same per capita rate of Covid deaths per day that France does, we'd be seeing 2,750 American deaths per day instead of 950ish.

Imagine defending the deaths of almost 1,000 people each day when we're 7 months into a pandemic that was supposed to be over "by Easter".

BTW the death rate is almost guaranteed to rise dramatically in the coming weeks because we have no coherent strategy for containment:

"The outlook for the pandemic continues to worsen, and many areas of the United States are experiencing their worst weeks yet. The country reported a record of more than 500,000 new coronavirus cases in the past week."

Last edited by a moderator:

mickEblu

I wouldn't call it "hating". It's debating ideas, which is what we do and have always done as Americans. We are in a moment of great importance and significance in the history of this nation. Making critical observations about the current state of our government, economy, and society (AKA our brand) is one of the most American things a citizen could do in a time like this, particularly when our response to controlling the pandemic has been so abysmal.

I see what you re saying but I feel that it has gotten a little out of hand and is passed the point you re describing above

Last edited:

fctiger

Covid Deaths on October 29th
France, 66 Million Citizens, 545 Covid Deaths
USA, 330 Million Citizens, 943 Covid Deaths

But go anyway, I bet there's great deals on flights. And order the Bearnaise sauce with everything!

And both of those should be completely unacceptable on every level! 1000 people are dying in this country a DAY. I mean it's just insane. And again, what has to be stressed is with at least HALF the country social distancing and with masks. Imagine what it would be like now without them???

Oh and today we had 98,000 cases, the highest ever. We're now basically at 100,000 cases kids.

lazyboy97o

And both of those should be completely unacceptable on every level! 1000 people are dying in this country a DAY. I mean it's just insane. And again, what has to be stressed is with at least HALF the country social distancing and with masks. Imagine what it would be like now without them???

Oh and today we had 98,000 cases, the highest ever. We're now basically at 100,000 cases kids.
But a guy who didn’t really know there are different viruses says it’s fine.

TP2000

You realize about 7,500 to 8,000 Americans drop dead every day, right? Of cancer. Heart attacks. Strokes. Pneumonia. Car crashes. Backyard pool drownings. Or just being a few years past the age of 75, when you are living on borrowed time.

I never wore a black armband for the 7,500+ Americans dying every day, did you?

TP2000

Imagine defending the deaths of almost 1,000 people each day when we're 7 months into a pandemic that was supposed to be over "by Easter".

BTW the death rate is almost guaranteed to rise dramatically in the coming weeks because we have not coherent strategy for containment:

"The outlook for the pandemic continues to worsen, and many areas of the United States are experiencing their worst weeks yet. The country reported a record of more than 500,000 new coronavirus cases in the past week."

Shut it all down. Never let a child attend school ever again. Never let Disneyland reopen. Never let Nancy Pelosi get a cream rinse and a fresh blowout. It's just too dangerous!

Meanwhile.... 7,500 to 8,000 Americans drop dead every day regardless. Because death happens. To all of us. ☠️

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You realize about 7,500 to 8,000 Americans drop dead every day, right? Of cancer. Heart attacks. Strokes. Pneumonia. Car crashes. Backyard pool drownings. Or just being a few years past the age of 75, when you are living on borrowed time.

Yeah, why bother trying to stop murders? So many more people die each day for other reasons. No need to bother about stopping murder ever again.

fctiger

The difference being a lot of those we already have ways to prevent them. There are drugs, treatments and early prevention measures to stop or contain more people from dropping dead in heart attacks, strokes, etc. Yes people still die from them just like people still die from car crashes, drownings and everything else in the world but we still make tons of laws and measures for people to die less from these issues. With this we have NOTHING man. NOTHING! OK?

Dude I know you mean well, but your arguments are so backwards and full of holes and sliding slope arguments. No one is saying we can save every single person of every single thing out there, but we should still try and save people as much as possible, right?? UNTIL there is treatments, drugs and yes a vaccine, then isn't it everyone's best interest to try and NOT get as many people killed from this as possible???

TP2000

Yeah, why bother trying to stop murders? So many more people die each day for other reasons. No need to bother about stopping murder ever again.

It's not murder, it's a virus. That primarily kills people over age 70. Who are already sickly.

And those who it kills under age 70 are really sickly; morbidly obese, heart disease, diabetes, etc.

Heck, President Trump is old and fat and he had to take a quiet working weekend in suburban Maryland to recover from Covid. And then he came roaring back to life 3 days later.

I've been overweight a few times in my adult life, and my VA doctor read me the riot act and told me to get my 'it together and lose 20 pounds. So I did.

I think I'm one of the oldest people here. With a lot of old gay friends, who survived the Hong Kong Flu and AIDS and even middle aged mullets. None of us are dead. Heck, I just got back from a dinner out with friends and I'm still alive. Not so much as a sniffle. That will disappoint some folks, I'm sure, but here I am... still posting. Not dead.

Last edited:

TP2000

if only we had some kind of leader/representative in office who talked about the seriousness of covid and encouraged masks and social distancing instead of downplaying the virus since the beginning and holding rallies

What's your plan for Tuesday night?

I've got a bottle of champagne chilling in the fridge. Plus a Xanax ready to go, just in case.

Last edited:

fctiger

if only we had some kind of leader/representative in office who talked about the seriousness of covid and encouraged masks and social distancing instead of downplaying the virus since the beginning and holding rallies

Exactly! Instead of playing DOWN the number of people dying, pretending its rounding the corner as cases only rise in majority of states including the positivity rate, instead lets pretend like we are the Ministry of Truth and tell everyone to not believe what you see and hear with your eyes and ears and repeat the same mantra that everything is fine and its all going to miraculous disappear while bodies continue to mount. I so, so, so hope come January we get a real change and can leave this, whatever this is, behind us. It's just disgusting on every.single.level. My blood boils when I think is being said out there by this man.

fctiger

Exactly! I get so sick of these sliding slope arguments. We are BANNING people from others parts of the world right now because they MIGHT be terrorists solely based on where they live. I don't care how many terrorists you let in, none of them are going to kill 5% of people in a year this thing is killing in a month. And yet we try very very very hard to prevent terrorism as we should. But if a terrorist blew up one house of rich people in Orange County killing five of them,, this country would go nuts. Thousands of older people and people of color dying a week from a global pandemic, eh, what can you do right?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's not murder, it's a virus. That primarily kills people over age 70. Who are already sickly.

And those who it kills under age 70 are really sickly; morbidly obese, heart disease, diabetes, etc.

Heck, President Trump is old and fat and he had to take a quiet working weekend in suburban Maryland to recover from Covid. And then he came roaring back to life 3 days later.

I've been overweight a few times in my adult life, and my VA doctor read me the riot act and told me to get my 'it together and lose 20 pounds. So I did.

I think I'm one of the oldest people here. With a lot of old gay friends, who survived the Hong Kong Flu and AIDS and even middle aged mullets. None of us are dead. Heck, I just got back from a dinner out with friends and I'm still alive. Not so much as a sniffle. That will disappoint some folks, I'm sure, but here I am... still posting. Not dead.
The lack of concern for those who die because they're old is astounding.

And with all those other ways to die?... We fight against that, too. You do realize that, no? We spend trillions of dollars to try to find vaccines and cures and treatments. Just like your doctor told you, we tell billions of people to change their behavior with diet and exercise and giving up bad habits. People go through expensive cancer treatments in which society mostly pays the bill. We regulate or ban harmful substances that some would gleefully want to constantly indulge in to their detriment and early death.

All those "other deaths" we fight against with huge amounts of money and curbing certain behaviors.

But, I guess you forgot the rage during the Reagan administration when AIDS was ignored because "it only affected gay people."

Well, you are that Reagan substituting 'gay' for 'old'. Good going.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom