Theme park parking rate increase

BRER STITCH

There is almost nothing worse than having to pay to park your car.

At WDW...at concerts....at special events....at ballgames....etc....

It's just silly. I call it "nickle and diming" all the time. After all, did these places not notice that I had to pay half a fortune just to go to their venue/event???

Then they greet me with a bill for $10 more?

Some "HELLO!"...........

:fork:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I again will continue to refuse to pay, and now feel even better about myself. What a despicable vile action on Disney's part. This is the kind of thing that makes it harder and harder to justify to my hard working poor friends why they should ever visit the parks. I'd love to see a day when people just refuse to go en mass to parks and they completely lose their shirts.

Can I get your license plate number and description of your vehicle?

maconMouse

Didn't WDW just raise their rates not that long ago? $1 per car is a lot of revenue, considering how many cars they park out there daily.

Yes, the rates were raised from $8 to $9 on Sunday, October 9th, 2005. I remember it well.

Another great reason to stay on property.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I again will continue to refuse to pay, and now feel even better about myself. What a despicable vile action on Disney's part. This is the kind of thing that makes it harder and harder to justify to my hard working poor friends why they should ever visit the parks. I'd love to see a day when people just refuse to go en mass to parks and they completely lose their shirts.

Are you sure that you're in the right forums?

maharet97a

I was suprised when we went earlier this year and WDW's prices were still lower. We've been paying $10 at DLR for quite a while now. At least 2 years if I remember correctly. Of course, at DLR most of the parking is in a parking structure instead of open lots, so that would explain the higher cost.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I understand that part of it, but it is a parking lot. How much overhead could that have?

Its an overall business. If there is an area that you can raise a significant amount of revenue with minimal impact on the consumer, you do it to offset a cost somewhere else. Also, I would imagine that the parking lot is in the overall accounting group of transportation. With the cost of fuel, there had to be an adjustment somewhere.

We tend to have these same discussions everytime there is a price increase. I am generally amazed at how offended some become at the gaul of Disney raising prices. Almost like they are entitled to vacations at a constant price over their lifetime. I would love to see how livid they get when their gasoline expense or electricity expense or grocery expense goes up drastically. I would venture to guess that they dont get as "livid" as they do at Disney.

Basically go back and review the threads started about this topic when parking went to $9.

LudwigVonDrake

I went to Six Flags Great Adventure in July and parking was $16. They had preferred parking (closer spots of course) for $20. That's nuts.

Disney wants everyone under their control. Use their buses, boats and monorails. They don't want people driving. If you drive you have the capability of leaving the property.....EGAD!!! :D

Ringo8n24

I am an accountant, so I understand the costs of running a business. My issue is not raising prices, it is raising prices for such things as parking. I do not understand the logic of it, but I know deep down the road there is some reason so I see your side of it. It just seems so unjustified for the parking and you wonder where the cap has to be for society as a whole because eventually we will be paying totally outrageous prices for the simplest things. Food, accomodations, admission or other amenities I understand price increases because their costs are so complex. I am just venting an opinion of it seeming like there is no end...kind of like the medical field. $25 I was charged for a plastic bag to take home some personal items from the hospital. Whatever.:rolleyes: Peace :animwink: :wave:

jmicro59

What a wonderful idea you have. That's it, that's the answer, you've discovered it Jeff! Let's boycott the Disney parks. How long do you think they can hold out?? A day? A week? Maybe a month? Oooo wait a minute what about all of those CM's Jeff? Oh I know you can subsidize their pay check can't ya buddy? Oh and what about all of the other companies that depend upon Disney for their livelihood? You can subsidize them too right, Jeff? And what about the great city of Orlando you gonna pay the extra taxes that the citizens will surely end up paying. No offense to your "poor" friends but if $10 is gonna rock your financial world then Disney is the least of their issues. Maybe they should concentrate on something non-essential like, oh I don't know, food maybe. This is not big news for Disney to go to $10 for parking.
:hammer:

LudwigVonDrake

Imagine trying to organize a boycott of Walt Disney World? That'll never happen.

There's a way around paying for parking....stay on property. That's what they want you to do. They'll get their $10 another way...food, souvenirs, etc.

Tim G

At least you're very imaginative... but a little brainless... :D:D:D

Epcot82Guy

At least you're very imaginative... but a little brainless... :D:D:D

lol. glad to see we aren't being blatant and harsh. :hammer: :lol:

Anyway, whether that money comes from vehicles or becomes a $0.50 increase in park tickets doesn't matter. Disney plays with prices, and it is somewhat artificial. They have a bottom line to reach, a goal. What the price breakdown becomes is irrelevant. Therefore, they know people will pay $10 for parking, and being ahead of the curve by being cheaper isn't going to bring in more cars. So, up it.

Tim G

lol. glad to see we aren't being blatant and harsh. :hammer: :lol:

Anyway, whether that money comes from vehicles or becomes a $0.50 increase in park tickets doesn't matter. Disney plays with prices, and it is somewhat artificial. They have a bottom line to reach, a goal. What the price breakdown becomes is irrelevant. Therefore, they know people will pay $10 for parking, and being ahead of the curve by being cheaper isn't going to bring in more cars. So, up it.
Thanks... :D

To be honest, :) It's been a very long time since I paid for parking... :zipit: :zipit: :zipit:

goofyfan13

I noticed this when pulling up yesterday, and it just made me feel that much better that I just renewed my AP. I was considering going back down to Seasonal, but 10 visits will basically pay off the difference in parking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom