The Worst Movie of All Time!

Indy95

dxwwf3 said:
And for the record I have not seen the Lord of the Rings films and I have no desire to see them either. I just can't get into that stuff.
You like Matrix but don't want to see LOTR? How does THAT happen? :veryconfu
Both require about the same suspension of disbelief...is it because of the length? Because the theatrical LOTR are only about a half hour longer than Matrix. Wizards and elves are about as believable as computer-generated worlds with Agents and ghosts and people who can fly and who the hell knows what else.

LOTR are BY FAR three of my top movies. I just couldn't get over seeing Fellowship on the big screen (sharing my thoughts with Imagineer Boy)...it was absolutely amazing. And ROTK is my #1...EVER.

Thoughts on the Matrix Trilogy, Cliff Notes Version:
Matrix= Awesome
1st half of Reload= blows hard
2nd half of Reload= weird but awesome
Neo story in Rev= questionable but still really cool
Everything else in Rev= blows hard

I absolutely hated the dock battle in Rev. I didn't care for any of the characters. Hey, some guy who we know is a jerk is fighting machines now! Who cares?! I actually wanted them all to die so they would shut up and get back to Neo's story.
To summarize:
Matrix=Awesome
Reload=Above Average
Rev=Below Average

Laura

Premium Member
Anacondas, hunt for the blood orchid - another dumb one (Just saw a commercial for it and it reminded me)

goofyfan13

Drumrole please......

Open Water, if you want to watch the movie, just look at the cover for an hour and a half, that'll save you the time of taking it in and out of the DVD player, cause looking at the cover for about 90 minutes is pretty much the same as actually watching the movie. Honestly, I'm still ed off that I wasted 90 minutes of my life watching that crap.

DDuckFan130

goofyfan13 said:
Drumrole please......

Open Water, if you want to watch the movie, just look at the cover for an hour and a half, that'll save you the time of taking it in and out of the DVD player, cause looking at the cover for about 90 minutes is pretty much the same as actually watching the movie. Honestly, I'm still ed off that I wasted 90 minutes of my life watching that crap.
:lol:

It was sad how it unfolded...realistic. Still, it wasn't my cup of tea. And what was the point of the woman being nekkid in the beginning :rolleyes:

imagineer99

ahhh...Jurrassic Park 3. Gosh that was horrible. Can you believe they are making a Jurrassic Park 4? Someone sold their soul to the devil...

I would also like to say that I have never seen a LOTR movie either. I'm not doubting that they are good. I'm just really not interested in fantasy in general. Since the movies are about four hours long each, I really can't invest that much time to watch them.

Legacy

imagineer99 said:
ahhh...Jurrassic Park 3. Gosh that was horrible. Can you believe they are making a Jurrassic Park 4? Someone sold their soul to the devil...

I would also like to say that I have never seen a LOTR movie either. I'm not doubting that they are good. I'm just really not interested in fantasy in general. Since the movies are about four hours long each, I really can't invest that much time to watch them.
I prefer Jurrassic Park 3 to The Lost World, but then again I had read the books.

imagineer99

Legacy said:
I prefer Jurrassic Park 3 to The Lost World, but then again I had read the books.

Actually both movies were bad...

The original was the only decent one in the series. They should have left it without crummy sequels.

Legacy

imagineer99 said:
Actually both movies were bad...

The original was the only decent one in the series. They should have left it without crummy sequels.
Agreed, and even the first one wasn't spectactular.

Indy95

Funny, I also read both JP books, and I still liked Lost World better than JP3. Oh well, to each his own I guess. :lol: (I can't believe they killed the T-Rex! That was terrible!)

Imagineer99 said:
Only the extended versions are four hours long. The theatrical versions (which can be rented/bought in any video store on a regular two-disc set) are 3 hours, 10 minutes.

imagineer99

Indy95 said:
Only the extended versions are four hours long. The theatrical versions (which can be rented/bought in any video store on a regular two-disc set) are 3 hours, 10 minutes.

Wow...that IS short.;)

Sorry! Goblins and Hobbits just don't do it for me. :wave: I'm sure their fantastic films. Watch em' in good health.

DDuckFan130

imagineer99 said:
Wow...that IS short.;)

Sorry! Goblins and Hobbits just don't do it for me. :wave: I'm sure their fantastic films. Watch em' in good health.
Same here :). I've never watched them, nor do I care. Sure, LOTR looks like a good trilogy...I just don't want to watch them, just like I don't care about Harry Potter. To those that do like it, that's great. But you won't persuade me to watch them because I'm just not interested, regardless of how good they may be.

As for Jurassic Park, I love the first one. The second one I only saw because of Jeff Goldblum, but I still found it extremely boring. The last one was pretty good, and definitely better than Lost World...mainly because they brought Dr. Grant back :D. Oh well.....

barnum42

DDuckFan130 said:
Same here :). I've never watched them, nor do I care. Sure, LOTR looks like a good trilogy...I just don't want to watch them, just like I don't care about Harry Potter. To those that do like it, that's great. But you won't persuade me to watch them because I'm just not interested, regardless of how good they may be.

As for Jurassic Park, I love the first one. The second one I only saw because of Jeff Goldblum, but I still found it extremely boring. The last one was pretty good, and definitely better than Lost World...mainly because they brought Dr. Grant back :D. Oh well.....
OH! So dinosaurs are good enough for ya' but the balrog is not. That's species-ist that is!

You know I'm kidding with you Regina ;) What a dull world it would be if we all liked the same things.

DDuckFan130

barnum42 said:
OH! So dinosaurs are good enough for ya' but the balrog is not. That's species-ist that is!

You know I'm kidding with you Regina ;) What dull world it would be if we all liked the same things.
:lol: I know you're kidding me! You know I've got nothing but love for you :kiss: :wave:.

dxwwf3

imagineer99 said:

Wow we completely agree on something else. Maybe our opposing opinions on AE and Illuminations ROE are the exceptions and not the rules :lol:
:wave:

dxwwf3

I think this thread will be obsolete once "Son of the Mask" opens up. That is if anyone actually has the guts to see it. Who greenlights this stuff?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom