The Worst Movie of All Time!

Laura

Premium Member
Enderikari said:
But Punch-Drunk Love is the only movie I have ever walked out of, it was terrible.

Finally someone said it! I was about to do a google search to find the name of it. It was so awful I couldn't stand to watch it for more than 30 minutes. Absolutely the worst movie of all time! Napolean Dynamite is a close second.

I can't believe you all didn't like Open Water! My husband didn't like it either. I LOVED it. I keep recommending it to people (they must think I'm stupid now).

And someone mentioned Troy? Wow I thought that was the best movie I've seen in ages.

I actually just finished watching the Grudge a few minutes ago. I thought I was going to be scared to death but it was just pretty darn stupid. A ghostly boy that screams like a cat and a bloody lady with huge shoulder blades - NOT SCARY! I also rented the Village to watch sometime this week. Hopefully that's a little better.

Ok now I'm blabbing, but I second the Punch Drunk Love nomination.

texanspivey

All of the Lord of The Rings movies, they were overhyped and crappy. The Fast and The Furious, The Ring, and both of the Spiderman movies. :fork:

Atta83

Laura22 said:
I actually just finished watching the Grudge a few minutes ago. I thought I was going to be scared to death but it was just pretty darn stupid. A ghostly boy that screams like a cat and a bloody lady with huge shoulder blades - NOT SCARY! I also rented the Village to watch sometime this week. Hopefully that's a little better..

Couldnt agree with ya more on the cat boy.. Now the Village I liked it was something I didnt expect, it did have a twist in it which I really liked.

Boo's Mom

Scream (all of them), Scary Movie (all of them), Not another Teen Movie, Bring It On (never saw the second because I couldn't take the first)

imagineer99

Thinking of it now, if it were't for my affinity to Disney World rides and attractions, I must admit that the "Haunted Mansion" was pretty darn bad.

DDuckFan130

imagineer99 said:
Thinking of it now, if it were't for my affinity to Disney World rides and attractions, I must admit that the "Haunted Mansion" was pretty darn bad.
Yep :lol:. Eddie Murphy had some funny lines but I got the biggest kick out of Jennifer Tilly. I also enjoyed the many references to HM...otherwise, the movie was not too great.

dxwwf3

imagineer99 said:

I agree. The references to the ride were done MUCH better than Pirates of the Caribbean, but unfortunately that's all the film had going for it. Actually my 6 bucks on HM was well spent when I heard "Welcome, Foolish Mortals" in the theater :lol: There were alot of other great ride references as well. Hopefully POTC 2 and/or 3 will do a better job of giving some nods to the attraction.

Irrawaddy Erik

dxwwf3 said:
I agree. The references to the ride were done MUCH better than Pirates of the Caribbean, but unfortunately that's all the film had going for it. Actually my 6 bucks on HM was well spent when I heard "Welcome, Foolish Mortals" in the theater :lol: There were alot of other great ride references as well. Hopefully POTC 2 and/or 3 will do a better job of giving some nods to the attraction.
I just wish they would release the score to the Mansion Movie but that will never happen.

I saw Stepford Wifes the other night...WOW that is how NOT to edit a movie... It's like they were writing the script as the movie was being filmed.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
imagineer99 said:

I must be in the minority here....I actually thought it was pretty good (after all, they weren't attempting to make a film for teens/adults.....if that was the case, the film would have been scary and slapped with a PG-13 rating like Pirates).

texanspivey said:
All of the Lord of The Rings movies, they were overhyped and crappy. The Fast and The Furious, The Ring, and both of the Spiderman movies. :fork:

Woh....you are the first person I've ever seen mention all of those films as being the worst of all time.

Here are some other movies I found to be really, really bad:

- Elektra
- Cheaper by the Dozen
- Batman Returns and Batman & Robin
- The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions
- Battlefield Earth
- Torque
- The Chronicles of Riddick
- Patch Adams
- The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement

barnum42

NemoRocks said:
Woh....you are the first person I've ever seen mention all of those films {Lord of the Rings} as being the worst of all time.
I've known a few who did not like them - they either "don't like that sort of film" or admitted to not having the attention span required of the films. I personally loved them and have all the extended cuts, which are even better than the theatrical releases.

imagineer99

NemoRocks said:
I must be in the minority here....I actually thought it was pretty good (after all, they weren't attempting to make a film for teens/adults.....if that was the case, the film would have been scary and slapped with a PG-13 rating like Pirates).

I'm a firm believer that just because a movie is a "kids" film, it doesn't necessarily have to turn off older viewers as well. Saying a movie is designed for "kids" is just an excuse that filmmakers use to justify the crappiness.

Although some films will appeal to a different demographic, in the end, a good movie is a good movie (regardless of who watches it).

imagineer boy

barnum42 said:
I've known a few who did not like them - they either "don't like that sort of film" or admitted to not having the attention span required of the films. I personally loved them and have all the extended cuts, which are even better than the theatrical releases.

My mom is that way. She just doesn't like LOTR because its too violent, weird, nast orcs for her. But I LOVE the LOTR trilogy. I wish I could just erase all memories from the movies, and watch them again like it was the first time seeing them. *sigh* Such amazing movies. There's nothing like seeing the Fellowship for the first time in theaters.

Boo's Mom

here is a big list of movies that I found to be stupid or just didn't like. I tried to omit ones that were already mentioned...
crossroads
swept away (madonna)
coyote ugly
down with love (renee zellweger)
the hulk
resident evil: apocalypse
how to deal
Erin Brockovich
planet of the apes
Moulin Rouge
Nell
Little Nicky
coneheads
Halloween H2O
freddy got fingered
glitter
blair witch 1&2
fear dot com
road trip
dumb and dummer
dumb and dumberer:when harry met lloyd
the cat in the hat
corky romano
summer catch
i know what you did last summer
I still know what you did last summer
jawbreaker
hollow man
the new guy
stealing harvard
sorority boys
wild wild west
austin powers
white chicks
new york minute
the blob

dxwwf3

NemoRocks said:
Here are some other movies I found to be really, really bad:- Cheaper by the Doze & Batman & Robin
Completely agree with you

NemoRocks said:
- The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions
Completely DISAGREE with you. I liked both of those better than the original.

And for the record I have not seen the Lord of the Rings films and I have no desire to see them either. I just can't get into that stuff.

LoriMistress

I've seen a lot of crap. In fact, seeing crappy movies is one of my favorite hobbies. There is this film festible every year where I live called TFO (Trash Film O*gy). They play bad and classic horror/Sci-Fi/etc. movies. And the whole point is to heckle the movie. One of the most recent WORST movies of all time was SAW!!! Do NOT see this movie if you don't want to be mad at yourself for wasting two hours of your life in this god-awful movie. After my DH and I came out of the theatres from watching it, we were extremely mad and disappointed. In fact, when we went out to dinner after seeing that piece of crap, we couldn't enjoy our meal because we kept on complaining about how awful it was.

imagineer boy

dxwwf3 said:
And for the record I have not seen the Lord of the Rings films and I have no desire to see them either. I just can't get into that stuff.

How do you know when you havn't even seen it? ;) Come on, I dare you! :wave: Besides, I totally reccomend it, if you like AE, then you will like LOTR.

As for Matrix, I though Reloaded was pretty good. The only thing I really cared about in it was the fight scenes ( Burly Brawl and the highway chase were both spectacular. ) However, it did have some pointless scenes like the girl trying to get Neo to kiss her was very long and dull. Especially the dance at Zion and Trinity and Neo doing it. What was the point of that? Some of the special effects seemed very rushed, some of the backround CG agent smiths were very fake looking. Plus, it doesn't really have that much of a story and I wish it could've had a more proper ending than to be continued..... But other than that, its pretty good. Awesome music though!

Now for Revolutions, blegh. There is no bullet time, more long pointless scenes, plot holes, extremely confusing story. "Neo's trapped in a world between the matrix and the real world." That makes no sense at all! Pretty much the only thing in the movie that entertained me was the raid on Zion. The final agent smith battle was long boring and not as impressive as the Burly Brawl in the last movie. The music was pretty good though.

dxwwf3

imagineer boy said:
How do you know when you havn't even seen it? ;) Come on, I dare you! :wave: Besides, I totally reccomend it, if you like AE, then you will like LOTR.

Well I think my answer to that is pretty much the same it is for maybe some attractions/shows that I might not want to see at WDW: I don't have time to see everything. Sure I'd like to see every movie, but I just have to try and pick the ones that I think I will like and go with it. Sometimes I am surprised with a film I liked better than I expected (The Cat in the Hat and Brother Bear), but of course sometimes I don't always hit home runs (Napoleon Dynamite and Ray).

The thing with LOTR is not the length of the films, but just the whole story behind it. Hobbits, Wizards, and fantasy stuff is not my thing at all. Needless to say I haven't seen the Harry Potter movies either. I'm more of a silly comedy, action (With a good story), or serious drama guy.

And I'm not really sure where you are going with the whole AE-LOTR comparison :lol: It seems to me the only thing those two things would have in common is great storytelling and excellent plots. Other than that I would think those things would be on total opposite ends of the spectrum (Futuristic Sci-Fi vs Long Time Ago Fantasy)

dxwwf3

imagineer boy said:
The final agent smith battle was long boring and not as impressive as the Burly Brawl in the last movie. The music was pretty good though.

That final brawl between Smith and Neo is one of my all time favorite movie moments :lol: I thought the action was great and I really had no idea who was going to win or how it was going to turn out (Call me naive if you wish :animwink: ). I honestly had no clue which way the filmmakers were going to go with that ending and I was very pleased with what they came up with. Of course I would consider myself a casual Matrix fan who just liked the movies alot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom