The Worst Disney World Rides That Are a "Waste of Time"

Maddie Terwilliger

If you've seen the Swiss Family Robinson movie, then you sort of appreciate the attraction more. However, i agree.. it's definitley not the best attraction. ESPECIALLY, with those moms that stop and make everyone else stop behind them (because the staircases are so narrow you cant get by) so they can take a random picture of their kids.

MichRX7

Premium Member
All of the spinners. Dumbo, Flying Carpets, Triceratops Spin, Star Jets.....they're all just a waste of time.

The first three are musts if you have young kids, otherwise I agree I skip them as the kids age. Star Jets though I love to ride late at night if the line isn't long.

NelleBelle

The first three are musts if you have young kids, otherwise I agree I skip them as the kids age. Star Jets though I love to ride late at night if the line isn't long.
I don't think I've ever seen the line anything BUT long for those rockets :p Seriously, we can just about walk on space mountain and those things will have a longer line! I do like to ride them though--but like the DL version best!

Sundown

I'm sorry to say, but I don't care for the Toy Story Mania much. And I have pretty much zero interest in the upcoming Toy Story Land. Perhaps if they built it 15 years ago at the time Toy Story was still somewhat new & interesting due to it's impact on computer generated storytelling.

ohioguy

This list courtesy of the vaunted Disney expert, Kelsey Goeres (sarcasm) and the cheatsheet.com.

I really dislike these articles as every ride is personal and if you're already there, why not do it and see for yourself? I really hope people don't read these lists and plan their trip around skipping some potentially great rides. I'm not saying these are the best WDW has to offer, but skipping Carousel of Progress? That's about as Disney of a ride as is left at WDW.

1) Stitch
2) Carousel of Progress
3) Prince Charming Carousel
4) Primeval Whirl
5) Swiss Family Treehouse
6) Journey Into Imagination with Figment
7) Magic Carpets
8) Gran Fiesta Tour

https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/...that-are-a-huge-waste-of-time.html/?a=viewall

1) Stitch : Agree, this one could be discontinued without criticism. Popular character needs a dark ride.
2) Carousel of Progress: Hell to the no. Classic Disney. It's great for afternoon AC
3) Prince Charming Carousel: why criticize a carousel? It's for kids (of all ages)
4) Primeval Whirl: I know some teens love this. It's not for everyone. Isn't it great there's something for everyone?
5) Swiss Family Treehouse : Harmless. Classic. Not going anywhere. Nice 10 minute exercise.
6) Figment: It's been worthless since the reimagining. They need to reimagine it again.
7) Magic Carpets: you can skip it. But again, I think it's aimed at kids, and is basically a filler ride for crowds.
8) Gran Fiesta Tour: skip The Three Caballeros?? Are you kidding??

redsfan4life

I just hate lists like this especially when I think first-timers might see it and ignore something that they may enjoy. I always tell first-timers with kids to spend an extra $20 and buy Birnbaum's Walt Disney World for Kids which is a brilliant way to get families excited about going and gives me insight into what they are most interested in. I encourage them to read it together and have their children mark / score items that get them excited. Then, if they want, I give them a little itinerary based on their markings, along with their fastpasses and dinner reservations, on how to go about each park (go left, always go left).

That said:
1) Stitch - awe come on you have to experience chili dog burp in your face at least once (well, not now it's closed)
2) Carousel of Progress - my mother wants to slap the person that put this on their list. I might hold them for her.
3) Prince Charming Carousel - young kids, or end of night, this ride can easily take you back to childhood if the line is short.
4) Primeval Whirl - it's always good for a smile as you get whipped into that one corner that spins you around the most.
5) Swiss Family Treehouse - see it, enjoy the detail, walk down the stairs and get on the Jungle Cruise for a laugh.
6) Journey Into Imagination with Figment - umm... ride it once and I'll show you video of how great it used to be.
7) Magic Carpets - believe it or not I've never ridden this once. For some reason I'm always sent to get Dole Whips while my wife takes the grandkids on it.
8) Gran Fiesta Tour - A perfect way to let those tequila shots settle you just did at La Cava del Tequila before moving on to get some Carlsberg.

Things we normally don't do much any longer unless we are tired and there is no line:
Magic Kingdom
  • Tom Sawyer Island - which makes me sad. This place needs love and is a childhood favorite running ahead and scaring everyone in the caves.
  • Liberty Belle - it just takes so long waiting to board (or is that bored?)
Hollywood Studios
  • Disney Jr Live on Stage - honestly, the wife does this with the youngest one's while I ride ToT or RnR.
  • Beauty & The Beast Show - see above answer.
EPCOT
  • We do everything
Animal Kingdom
  • Finding Nemo the Musical - haven't done this in a long time, maybe we should again next time we go.
  • Kali River Rapids - we go a lot in December. When it's warm enough we ride.
Disney Springs
Who ever thought people want to do high-end shopping while on a vacation at Disney? I get lost in that place now. Bring back the Adventurer's Club and get off my lawn, harumph!
And the Comedy Warehouse

Smiley/OCD

Sorry, the carousel came from Olympic Park, Maplewood, NJ, my hometown...I don't care HOW cheesy it may or may not be, but I'm riding it EVERY time I visit!

Edward M

Waste of time is varying though. I think a ride like Toy Story Mania is a bigger waste of time than Muppets because it takes so much more time! However, most things aren't a waste of time if you've never ridden them. Here's the list that you just shouldn't ride in the first place.

• Stitch
  • Magic Carpets, Astro Orbiter, Triceratop Spin
  • Primeval Whirl
  • Speedway
  • Railroad
  • Peter Pan
  • Country Bears
  • Nemo
  • Figment
  • Circle of Life
  • Rafiki Planet Watch
  • Hollywood Studios ;)

thomas998

Waste of time is varying though. I think a ride like Toy Story Mania is a bigger waste of time than Muppets because it takes so much more time! However, most things aren't a waste of time if you've never ridden them. Here's the list that you just shouldn't ride in the first place.

• Stitch
  • Magic Carpets, Astro Orbiter, Triceratop Spin
  • Primeval Whirl
  • Speedway
  • Railroad
  • Peter Pan
  • Country Bears
  • Nemo
  • Figment
  • Circle of Life
  • Rafiki Planet Watch
  • Hollywood Studios ;)
I wish more people would use your list, then I could ride Peter Pan without having to wait 90 minutes or waste a fastpass on it.

Jayhawker

Journey into Imagination with Figment definitely gets my top vote. I actually really enjoy CoP. They do need to update the final scene though. The carousel, the treehouse, and the carpets serve a purpose by rounding out the MK's attractions. Gran Fiesta is definitely not great, but as one of only two rides in WS I do not mind it. My little brother (10 years old) really enjoys Caballeros. Lastly, Primeval Whirl will hopefully be going away soon.

copcarguyp71

Swiss Family Treehouse offers some of the nicest photo ops in the evenings especially during EMH's when the crowds are low. I honestly don't know that I could come up with 10 rides to put on a list like this and I am a noted curmudgeon. I would say maybe a top three...

1. Tomorrowland Speedway - It's time has come and gone and the space could be so much more. It has nothing to do with "tomorrow"
2. Kali River Rapids - *yawn*... story never really develops, too short and not really the "water ride" it's made out to be
3. Rivers of America - I'm torn on this because I never really enjoyed it but I do understand it is a way to downshift but there is so much real estate used by this and TSI that I feel could be far better used for wowing us...

I do think part of the problem is that as adults we (some of us) become incapable of seeing or appreciating the world at a child's level. I mean I think Aladdin's Magic Carpets is a huge waste of space BUT...I could see where a child would absolutely adore that ride and that it can be an icebreaker for children who might be daunted by rides in general so it can help ease them into the whole experience.

EricsBiscuit

I think everybody should try every attraction so that they can decide for themselves. Also the Liberty Belle departs on the hour and half hour. If you show up 3 minutes before you can enjoy a 20 minute attraction as a walk on. The lowest deck has the boiler and steam engines and talking with the engineer is also amazing.

Corgi

Magic Kingdom’s Jungle Cruise. Awful.

Also, Kali River Rapids don’t go too fast and don’t get you wet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom