The Worst Disney World Rides That Are a "Waste of Time"

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
This list courtesy of the vaunted Disney expert, Kelsey Goeres (sarcasm) and the cheatsheet.com.

I really dislike these articles as every ride is personal and if you're already there, why not do it and see for yourself? I really hope people don't read these lists and plan their trip around skipping some potentially great rides. I'm not saying these are the best WDW has to offer, but skipping Carousel of Progress? That's about as Disney of a ride as is left at WDW.

1) Stitch
2) Carousel of Progress
3) Prince Charming Carousel
4) Primeval Whirl
5) Swiss Family Treehouse
6) Journey Into Imagination with Figment
7) Magic Carpets
8) Gran Fiesta Tour

https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/...that-are-a-huge-waste-of-time.html/?a=viewall

DisneyFreak

1) Stitch
2) Carousel of Progress
4) Primeval Whirl
7) Magic Carpets
8) Gran Fiesta Tour

https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/...that-are-a-huge-waste-of-time.html/?a=viewall

#1 - awful, should never have changed from AE
#2 - are you kidding?!? This is a must attraction!
#3 - skip only because I'm too old
#4 - I actually enjoy this one
#5 - I usually skip only because I was never a fan of Swiss Family
#6 - yeah, this is just bad. Bring it back to the original or scrap the whole thing
#7 - do Dumbo
#8 - I don't mind this one, it's rather humorous

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I personally would never skip Carousel of Progress, Prince Charming Carousel, Swiss Family Treehouse or Gran Fiesta Tour but that's just me. I think it's best to let the Guests make up their own mind on what they want to see and do.
The question is, why skip Gran Fiesta anyway? It's literally a 0 minute wait almost all the time and it's a 5 minute ride. Just do it...

The time investment is not huge.

Sometimes, I'm more disappointed with 7DMT is you consider wait time versus ride payoff.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
This list is pretty good expect for Carousel and Swiss Family, both are hidden gems. Otherwise, I agree with the rest of the choices and wouldn't be sad if they were permantely removed.
You wouldn't be said if COP were permanently removed? Blasphemy!

wdwfan4ver

1) Stitch
2) Carousel of Progress
4) Primeval Whirl
7) Magic Carpets
8) Gran Fiesta Tour

1.) It's the worst attraction at the Magic Kingdom
2.) It has no business on this list.
3.) I don't ride it, but this is made for little kids
4.) Disney needs to get a rid of this coaster and rest of Chester and Hester while at it. This Coaster is the worst one WDW has.
5.)I never went on it.
6.) It's a bad ride, but its not as bad as the 2nd version.
7.) It doesn't bother me.
8.) Its better than the original ride to me.

Last edited:

Greg in TN

I would say all of those on the list are good attractions -- EXCEPT STITCH! Some are really good -- CoP, Tree House, Gran Fiesta Tour (I'm a big Donald Duck fan). But, I'll echo what others have already said .. I'd certainly rather ride any of these (even Stitch), than be at work.

Last edited:

Cosmic Commando

I think the only waste of time is the Carpets. It's not as iconic or with a cool queue like Dumbo. It's not as high as Astro Orbiter. It's not as short of a wait as Triceratop Spin. You can tilt forward and back, I think? Big whoop. I wouldn't include it here if the line were rarely bad, but people always line up for it for some reason.

Goofyernmost

This list courtesy of the vaunted Disney expert, Kelsey Goeres (sarcasm) and the cheatsheet.com.

I really dislike these articles as every ride is personal and if you're already there, why not do it and see for yourself? I really hope people don't read these lists and plan their trip around skipping some potentially great rides. I'm not saying these are the best WDW has to offer, but skipping Carousel of Progress? That's about as Disney of a ride as is left at WDW.

1) Stitch
2) Carousel of Progress
4) Primeval Whirl
7) Magic Carpets
8) Gran Fiesta Tour

That is a bit of a thorn in my side as well. There are a lot of things that I don't like in the world, but, so many others do and I see no reason for me to be judge and jury and try and advise others based on my personal tastes. So my take on those listed are...

1. Stitch... I actually enjoy it, I don't get all upset if I run out of time and miss it, but, I find it amusing.
2. CoP... The day they decide that CoP has no value and is torn out, is the day that my visits to WDW end.
3. Prince Charming Carousel... I'm not 10 years old anymore. Nuff said!
4. Primeval Whirl... Not my kind of entertainment. That could go and be replaced by something more universally enjoyed, However, I should point out that I think that the area does fit the story line of the area. Basic, but, possible.
5. Swiss Family Treehouse... Doesn't take up much space and is a nice little non-in your face simple attraction. Nothing worthwhile could fit in that footprint.
6. JIIWF... I still ride it, but, am hampered by the ghost of Imagination Past. Nothing measure up to the original, though except from us old-timers I have never really heard a lot of complaints about it. Just proves that time heals all wounds.
7. Magic Carpets... See Prince Charming Carousel. (add Dumbo to that category.)
8. Grand Fiesta Tour... Also falls under the same feeling as JIIWF. It isn't terrible but it just isn't as good as the original. I don't have a problem with putting in characters, but, Donald Duck is not Mexican, Si?

JIMINYCR

I hate the list thing too because unless you try something out yourself... you dont know how it really is. I may not enjoy some of the attractions on the list because Ive tried them and I have my likes and dislikes but when I go to WDW theres nothing I dont ride. Stitch is probably my least favorite one... but I find myself taking it in at least once.

Weather_Lady

This is so subjective. I'd hate to call any attraction a "waste of time," but here's what my family tends to skip most often on a WDW visit:

All parks - Character M&Gs (the kids used to love to meet a few each time, but now they've mostly outgrown it)
MK - Jungle Cruise, Liberty Belle Riverboat, Hall of Presidents, Enchanted Tales with Belle (great for a first-timer but not easily repeatable), Barnstormer
Epcot - China/France/Canada films
AK - Rafiki's Planet Watch/Affection Section, etc., bird show, Primeval Whirl
HS - Little Mermaid show, Disney Jr. show, Jedi Training show
Disney Springs (all of it)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom